Identified! UK - David Lytton, South Pennines, 'Neil Dovestone', 65-75, Dec'15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I too have checked various name variations - I can only assume Mr Lytton was either born abroad or he was adopted, I am leaning towards adoption at the moment, it would very much explain a lot

But didn't they confirm his identity through DNA? I suppose if he was adopted, then the parents could have adopted a blood sibling too. Hence the match.

ETA: I should have read on and seen Pisces post :)

I too have checked various name variations - I can only assume Mr Lytton was either born abroad or he was adopted, I am leaning towards adoption at the moment, it would very much explain a lot

He wasn't born abroad, passport says born in London. Could have been adopted I suppose but the DNA was taken from an elderly relative so would mean the police knew where an original family member is.

I reckon he either changed his name by deed poll (is this checkable?) or there is an anomaly in the records system - entirely possible as it was all manually input in the last few years and there are bound to be mistakes.

It's entirely possible that his mother remarried and that David took his stepfather's name. It was quite common to do that so all children in the family had the same surname.

Which leaves two options - his name has been changed, or there's a spelling mistake somewhere.

According to FreeBMD there were 78 boys baptised with just the single first name of David in all London registration districts in the March quarter (ie born between 1 April and 30 June) of 1948.

I reckon he either changed his name by deed poll (is this checkable?) or there is an anomaly in the records system - entirely possible as it was all manually input in the last few years and there are bound to be mistakes.

There is a register of changes of name by deed poll held at Kew, but it isn't complete as it has never been a legal requirement to do so. The index is only consultable in person, ie not on line.

According to FreeBMD there were 78 boys baptised with just the single first name of David in all London registration districts in the March quarter (ie born between 1 April and 30 June) of 1948.

Did you mean the June quarter? That's the one including births registered April-June; the March quarter is births registered Jan-March.

Newbie here, I have been looking into this since the name was released last week when I've had time at work. I've had no luck finding a birth record got David Lytton, but did look at the address records. At his address in Streatham, there was once a David Lautenberg registered living there prior to David Lytton. I wondered with the similar sounding names whether this was his birth name and he anglicised it?

Just to follow on from my previous message, I hadn't actually seen the passport and his DOB. It seems then he was born in London, I was working on the assumption he was potentially born abroad. I may have a look into the adoption records, however adoption seems unlikely if they checked DNA (unless he was adopted by a family member)

Newbie here, I have been looking into this since the name was released last week when I've had time at work. I've had no luck finding a birth record got David Lytton, but did look at the address records. At his address in Streatham, there was once a David Lautenberg registered living there prior to David Lytton. I wondered with the similar sounding names whether this was his birth name and he anglicised it?

Welcome to Ws Spongebob, you might well be on to something !

There seems to be a matching birth record for a David Lautenberg in Hammersmith, well spotted!

Good catch, Spongebob! There was a David and a David K born in London in 1948. One got married in 1983 and appears on the electoral register with his wife until 2014. Where is the other one....?

Thank you, was just going to check that and see if I could rule out both David Lautenburg births with people still living... But if one is missing then it could be him. Any David Lautenberg death records?

I may need to order the birth records from the GRO to satisfy my curiousity...

Thank you, was just going to check that and see if I could rule out both David Lautenburg births with people still living... But if one is missing then it could be him. Any David Lautenberg death records?

I may need to order the birth records from the GRO to satisfy my curiousity...

No death records, and I've found the FB profile of the other DL (the one married to CA) last posted in Feb 2016.

Out of interest, which system did you use to check the address and get old names?

TraceIQ and their Equifax search. He's registered there between 1983-86, so very early and may well just be coincidental. I may order the birth tomorrow. Are we thinking the David K, with the birth being June quarter?

OK. So David K Lautenberg born 1948 registered second quarter (April-June)
David Lautenberg born 1948 registered third quarter (July-Sept)
David Lautenberg who is married and very much alive was born in July. Therefore the "other" David, the one we're interested in, must have been David K.

So, if Mr Lytton changed his name, did he also drop his middle name?

TraceIQ and their Equifax search. He's registered there between 1983-86, so very early and may well just be coincidental. I may order the birth tomorrow. Are we thinking the David K, with the birth being June quarter?

You mean Lautenberg is listed there 83-86? What about dates for Lytton?

You mean Lautenberg is listed there 83-86? What about dates for Lytton?

Lytton appears from 1996 but nobody appears in between. However it is sometimes patchy showing results pre 1994. I think I need to get the David K birth as if it's the wrong DOB we can just write all this off as coincidence

If he was of Jewish descent it makes the decision to move to Pakistan all the more intriguing.

If he was of Jewish descent it makes the decision to move to Pakistan all the more intriguing.

The move to Pakistan, the seemingly random hill he died on. It's all so weird. I wonder if the full story will ever come out

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back