Identified! UK - David Lytton, South Pennines, 'Neil Dovestone', 65-75, Dec'15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jeremy, I am sorry for your loss, and would like to thank you for taking the time to join us here and reply to what has been a very long thread, with lots of speculation and lots of questions. I am glad your brother, David, finally has his identity at last, but so very sorry for your loss QUOTE=David's Brother;13215979][FONT=&amp]Hi Everyone,

I am David's brother Jeremy, I have read this thread obviously with great interest. There are some truly good posts on here and I am seriously impressed with your ideas and thoughts of what happened.

The inquest is next week Tuesday 14th March, 14.00.

There is a 1 hour TV program (Mystery Of The Man On The Moor) is being made by C4 Dispatches and will be aired shortly after the inquest, probably the following day after what will almost certainly be an all nighter with the makers editing the final bits. Although I have only seen a snippet this program is being brilliantly made and I for one hope it will be put up for an award.

Most of what I have read in the press is just made up, and the family argument / change of name timeline just doesn't add up. (Lazy journo's) The neighbours in Streatham had little or no idea who he was or what he did but hey ho, when has that stopped anyone from talking to the press, however I am sure that they were only trying to help.

As you can imagine this has for me been an extremely lengthy and difficult period but I will come back in hopefully later next week. I will not be able to answer all you may want to ask but I will answer what I feel I can do. This whole episode reminds me of religion, the more you ask the less you understand! However knowing my brother as I did much of it does make a certain amount of sense.

At this point in time no one we know really knows what happened.

Jeremy Lawton

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Jeremy, my sincere condolences to you and all your family. May David finally rest in peace :rose:

PS: I have just seen TV announcement that documentary will be aired next Wednesday, 15th March, 10 pm UK time on Channel 4.

Jeremy, my sincere condolences to you and all your family. May David finally rest in peace :rose:

PS: I have just seen TV announcement that documentary will be aired next Wednesday, 15th March, 10 pm UK time on Channel 4.

I'll be watching. Please would someone try and remember to post here that evening so we don't miss it!

im on earlies CMC on wed. ill post a reminder ,have a good day

Wekcome, Jeremy. Thank you for joining us. We look forward to learning more about David's life, while hopefully not being intrusive.

Thoughts for David today

An inquest into the death of a mystery man discovered on Saddleworth Moor will open today.

David Lytton, 67, was found fully clothed and lying prone on the ground by a cyclist on a track near Dove Stone Reservoir on December 12 2015.

An inquest into his death will be held at Heywood Coroner’s Court, Rochdale, on Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...of-londoner-on-saddleworth-moor-35529337.html

The inquest for David is today and I want to extend my sincere condolences to Davids mother and brother, and wider family, neighbours and friends. I am glad David got his identity back, but how utterly awful. The loss of a loved one is never easy, no matter how much time has passed. Thoughts are with the family and David today. I'll be lighting a candle this afternoon.

Open verdict.

Lots of new info from the inquest:

Ex-girlfriend
Ms Toogood had been in a relationship with Mr Lytton for 34 years, from 1972 until he left the country for Pakistan in 2006.

She said Mr Lytton was a shy and reserved man who liked to be alone.

She said he had lived in a flat in London which was ‘devoid of furniture’ as he preferred to eat out at cafes and food markets and slept on a foam mat.

Ms Toogood said she had fallen pregnant with Mr Lytton’s child in the 1980s and the couple were over the moon. But when Ms Toogood lost the baby their relationship was ‘never the same’.

Ms Toogood last saw Mr Lytton on October 3, 2006 when he visited her as normal.

It was only three days later that a neighbour called her to say Mr Lytton had sold his home and moved to Pakistan.

She added: “I was very upset with David. I had spent so much of my life with him that I thought he would have treated me with some respect.”

Mr Lytton’s friend Salim Aktar who said in a statement that the pair became friends in the early
1970s.

He said they had a ‘peculiar’ friendship in that they didn’t pry into each other’s personal lives but were close.

He described him as a highly intelligent man who could play five games of chess at once.

He said Mr Lytton was a loner who didn’t drink or take drugs.

He said he never spoke of suicide and lived as a minimalist.

He picked David up from the airport and booked him into a hotel in Ealing.

Mr Lytton worked as a croupier until 1984 and worked for Transport for London until about 2005.

Mr Lawton described his brother as ‘a genius’ who did very well at school.

He added he was very funny, an excellent mimic and a keen Arsenal supporter.

He added that he was ‘a loner’ who would prefer his own company.

Mr Lawton said: “David was incredibly bright and spent a lot of time studying but as he went into teenage years became more and more insular and by the time he came back from university he didn’t want to be with anybody.

“The family absolutely adored his company. He was hilarious and well read and guided me a lot. The more insular he became the more we missed him.”

He obtained a visa to travel to Pakistan which ran out in 2006.
He got an extension in 2007 however there was a significant period of time where he remained in the country without the required documents.

In 2008 he spent five days in prison after being detained at Lahore airport when he tried to leave the country for the U.K.
He received a fine and was blacklisted meaning he could not leave the country.

He reapplied for a visa which was due to run out on December 15, 2015.

“We know this caused him a great deal of distress,” DS Coleman said.
“Associates in Pakistan say he was looking to get out of the country as soon as possible.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...avid-lytton-saddleworth-inquest-live-12738557

I've deleted my earlier post as I've now seen that David's brother is reading the thread, and it doesn't feel very respectful or sensitive to continue to speculate about something that is obviously very painful for him.

I feel the same as KatyCat - And feel that Jeremy may not be happy for the discussion to continue I doubt he will want any further speculation. I just feel so terribly sad for all involved.

Morning all , just a reminder that the doc . Will be shown on ch4 at 10 pm here in the U.K.

I do still wonder if he did intend, initially at least, to return to London. He had stayed 1 of 5 nights booked and paid for at the hotel, all his belongings were still there and he had bought and still had the return train ticket.
For whatever reason he chose to go up that mountain in that terrible weather, it doesn't seem anyone will ever know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to extend my sympathies to Jeremy and any other of David's family and friends who may be reading this thread.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

God bless this gentle soul. You can rest in peace now David!

candle_softglow.png

My sincere condolences to Jeremy, and the rest of his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back