GUILTY UK - Diane Stewart, 47, found dead, Bassingbourn, Cambridgeshire, 25 June 2010 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it just me, or does that sound not too bad? It certainly doesn't seem severely impairing enough to entitle him to any but the lowest rates of Disability Benefit (PIP).

I have far worse health issues, and I reckon I could sit in the dock just fine. Okay, maybe with a cushion ;)!

Is it one of those conditions that has flare-ups, like lupus and ME and stuff like that? Maybe he could claim he's having a flare-up every time he's called to court (but stress brings it on Your Honour).

Is it just me, or does that sound not too bad? It certainly doesn't seem severely impairing enough to entitle him to any but the lowest rates of Disability Benefit (PIP).

I have far worse health issues, and I reckon I could sit in the dock just fine. Okay, maybe with a cushion ;)!
It can range from mild to severe and cause problems breathing and swallowing in severe cases. Now, I don't believe a word he says but it would have to be taken seriously

Well hello again! I have no idea what made me wonder what the little toad was doing these days whilst residing at HMP, and blow me - he's going to be in the dock charged over Diane. Hooray - we all thought it was fishy four years ago whilst his trial over Helen's murder was going on. Some familiar names here (Alyce for one) - no sign of Dolly yet though? Not had chance to read the thread yet but I did pick up the 'The Strimmer' will be counsel for the prosecution. It's going to be a tricky case as so many people knew about what happened to Helen - how do they even find a jury?

Well hello again! I have no idea what made me wonder what the little toad was doing these days whilst residing at HMP, and blow me - he's going to be in the dock charged over Diane. Hooray - we all thought it was fishy four years ago whilst his trial over Helen's murder was going on. Some familiar names here (Alyce for one) - no sign of Dolly yet though? Not had chance to read the thread yet but I did pick up the 'The Strimmer' will be counsel for the prosecution. It's going to be a tricky case as so many people knew about what happened to Helen - how do they even find a jury?

Waves :)

I was on the Helen case too - under another name! ;)

Who is 'The Strimmer'?

Mrs Justice Whipple is to be the presiding judge at Luton in November.

Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210511-175657_Firefox-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210511-175657_Firefox-01.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 7
Did Diane Stewart indeed suffer from epilepsy?

The only source that I can find (apart from references to the verdict after her death) is her husband:

What happened to the first wife of Helen Bailey's killer? | Daily Mail Online

Stewart, 56, said at his trial for the murder of Helen that Diane had suffered epileptic seizures in the early years of their marriage, which had led to her being banned from driving at one point for three years.

Stewart told the court that in 1995, when their son Oliver was born, Diane was taking medication for epilepsy.

He said she’d ‘made up her mind that she wasn’t going to go back to work and was going to be a stay-at-home mum’.

This picture of frail Mrs Stewart is somewhat at odds with the reality of the full-time school secretary, who was also a stalwart of the bowls club.

Rather the person who stayed at home and didn’t work, and had a reputation for being lazy, was her husband.

Mrs Stewart’s history of epilepsy came as news to those who knew her in Bassingbourn.

‘I knew Diane from 1998 until she passed away,’ says Mr Manley. ‘She was an athletic, active woman. And she certainly was driving. She used to take her turn driving to away matches and I’ve been in the car with her driving it. I have since been told by people that she had a history of epilepsy in her teens but it was under control.’

A relative of Mrs Stewart, who asked not to be identified, said: ‘I’m conducting my own investigation. I don’t know about the time she had Oliver in relation to epilepsy, but as far as I’m concerned the only time I heard epilepsy mentioned in relation to Diane was when she died of it.’

BBM

Morning all! Another Helen Bailey case poster here - back for Ian Stewart's trial

Mentions of The Strimmer, reminds me of when a few of us got together & contacted his chambers mid trial. Anybody else remember that?

ETA: Just reading this thread & it now seems as if the trial date is in March 2022. Also noticed he is appealing his conviction for Helen based on new evidence from a witness. Good luck with that Ian!

Last edited:
Morning all! Another Helen Bailey case poster here - back for Ian Stewart's trial

Mentions of The Strimmer, reminds me of when a few of us got together & contacted his chambers mid trial. Anybody else remember that?

ETA: Just reading this thread & it now seems as if the trial date is in March 2022. Also noticed he is appealing his conviction for Helen based on new evidence from a witness. Good luck with that Ian!

Hello stranger. Welcome back :)

Trial was brought forward to tomorrow - but there is nothing listed in court records. I do hope it hasn't been put back again.

Also we have a new message system since you were last on here. Have a look at your inbox ;);) it's a good system to use.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back