GUILTY UK - Diane Stewart, 47, found dead, Bassingbourn, Cambridgeshire, 25 June 2010 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ian Stewart has today pleaded not guilty to the murder of his wife Diane, who died at the home they shared in Bassingbourn in 2010.

[...]

Judge Michael Kay QC said the case will be heard before a High Court judge. A trial date was set for March 14, 2022 at St Albans Crown Court.

Trial date set as Ian Stewart pleads not guilty to murder of wife Diane

Comet seems to be quoting 2022 as well ? Long time to wait

Also, I see from the Comet that he has been moved to a prison in Cambridgeshire - very annoying to see him being given preferential treatment :mad:

Ian Stewart has today pleaded not guilty to the murder of his wife Diane, who died at the home they shared in Bassingbourn in 2010.

[...]

Judge Michael Kay QC said the case will be heard before a High Court judge. A trial date was set for March 14, 2022 at St Albans Crown Court.

Trial date set as Ian Stewart pleads not guilty to murder of wife Diane

Well, there's a surprise. Not.

Depending on Covid, weather, life, etc may attend this trial. Anyone else?

CASES OF INTEREST AT THE OLD BAILEY ON WEDNESDAY

Court 1 at 9.30am Mention in the case of Ian Stewart, who was jailed for life in 2017 for killing his finace [sic], children’s author Helen Bailey, whose body was found at the couple’s Hertfordshire home in 2016. Stewart, 60, has now pleaded not guilty to the murder of his wife Diane Stewart, 37, who died at their Cambridgeshire home in 2010.

At the Old Bailey today!

Stewart appeared at the Old Bailey via video-link from HMP Whitemoor wearing a face visor and blue prison issue tracksuit.

Mrs Justice Whipple remanded him in custody ahead of a further hearing on January 21.

He denied murdering Mrs Stewart last week and a trial date was set for March 14, 2022 at St Albans Crown Court.

Man, 59, who murdered his fiancée appears at Old Bailey accused of killing his first wife | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
CASES OF INTEREST AT THE OLD BAILEY ON WEDNESDAY

Court 1 at 9.30am Mention in the case of Ian Stewart, who was jailed for life in 2017 for killing his finace [sic], children’s author Helen Bailey, whose body was found at the couple’s Hertfordshire home in 2016. Stewart, 60, has now pleaded not guilty to the murder of his wife Diane Stewart, 37, who died at their Cambridgeshire home in 2010.

At the Old Bailey today!

Man, 59, who murdered his fiancée appears at Old Bailey accused of killing his first wife | Daily Mail Online

From your link: so bittersweet to see dear Helen's pictures again and of course sweet Boris too. She seemed like such a lovely, gracious lady. Makes me tear up thinking of her living with that monster, loving him, not knowing his true filthy heart. Many times I've wondered how fabulous her life would be now if only her beloved John had lived. Rest in peace, Helen. And Diane too - hopefully justice is coming for you soon.

I am quite confused as to why he would now be having additional hearings at the Old Bailey. Is anyone aware of the significance of his case being transferred to the Old Bailey? I wondered whether this may be to do with him appealing his conviction? I had a look on the law pages court listings and although his St Albans crown court hearings are all there I could not find any trace of the Old Bailey hearings. This appears quite odd to me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back