GUILTY UK - Ellie Butler, 6, brutally murdered, Sutton, 28 Oct 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very kind to all of us Pink Dahlia. Poor you - all those posts across 2 threads. Yes some of us drill down into the minutiae, hands up from me!

MI5 is actively recruiting for middle-aged women* for covert on-line ops.
I have directed them here ;)

*apols to the blokes posting and non-middle aged. ( I'm only going off the WS stated demographics)
Seriously , I think there's all types of perspectives (incl. those from posters who have lost children in traumatic circs ) on here and that diversity is it's strength.

Wait til verdict is out and then reporting restrictions are down, posts will doubtless become more revealing. (Or maybe it's only after sentencing - Supernovae will know and correct on that)

The Thomas Mair preliminary hearing is also at the Old Bailey, tomorrow (Monday), apparently, so if anyone's going to be there they can update us on that as well.

I notice the Euroref discussion upthread: I have thoughts on that as well. Do we have a proper Euro thread somewhere on here?

Gigi-G, you've exceeded your stored message capacity, again, apparently (and Michelle230).

I'll empty it now. Gosh I didn't realise lol ty

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Wow I didn't realise I'd got that many but I did... it's less full now :)

I've not known it this quiet on here in a long time. :creepy:

I won't be able to go to court this week. My cat has been unwell and her blood tests last week show she is hyperthyroid. So it's vets tomorrow to pick up pills and a whole new regime for us, with trying to get her to take tablets and monitoring to make sure she doesn't sick them back up.

Come on jurors. Give us a verdict tomorrow (or later today actually). I'd better get to bed this minute!

Very kind to all of us Pink Dahlia. Poor you - all those posts across 2 threads. Yes some of us drill down into the minutiae, hands up from me!

MI5 is actively recruiting for middle-aged women* for covert on-line ops.
I have directed them here ;)

*apols to the blokes posting and non-middle aged. ( I'm only going off the WS stated demographics)
Seriously , I think there's all types of perspectives (incl. those from posters who have lost children in traumatic circs ) on here and that diversity is it's strength.

Wait til verdict is out and then reporting restrictions are down, posts will doubtless become more revealing. (Or maybe it's only after sentencing - Supernovae will know and correct on that)

AFAIK sub judice restrictions only last until verdict, although I wouldn't quote me on this. It's about not placing extraneous information or considerations into the minds of the jury. However, in this case there may still be family court related restrictions about stuff that pertains to the other child.

Tbh, if you wanted to bury bad news you probably couldn't have picked a better week than this.

Hi all, this is my very first post, I have been following this thread for a while and just wanted to thank you all for your informative and insightful posts. Fingers crossed for a result today.

Regards to you all

Louise xx

I won't be able to go to court this week. My cat has been unwell and her blood tests last week show she is hyperthyroid. So it's vets tomorrow to pick up pills and a whole new regime for us, with trying to get her to take tablets and monitoring to make sure she doesn't sick them back up.

Apols it's off topic

Don't get too worried about your poor cat, know how worrying it is. My last dog had this condition, yes it was a regime of daily tablets, but improvement quite fast really.....
....... but I totally appreciate how very difficult it is to make a cat take tablets, every day, forever.
( What's her fave food?When I have had a cat, I had to quarter tiny tablets and sneak them into slits in teeny morsels of chicken and strong cheese. At least this way I could identify if she had not eaten it because she had chewed that morsel and detected it. All the other techniques are online as you'll already know.)
best of luck

Hi all, this is my very first post, I have been following this thread for a while and just wanted to thank you all for your informative and insightful posts. Fingers crossed for a result today.

Regards to you all

Louise xx

Welcome Louise.
make sure you give us your "two cents worth on here" Looroll, especially as we are in a holding pattern with nothing happening yet.

From all thread posters, on their behalf ( I know they'll do it if I miss someone new) ( Running out of novel emoji's for you)

:thewave: :welcome6: :wave: :toast: :bow:

AFAIK sub judice restrictions only last until verdict, although I wouldn't quote me on this. It's about not placing extraneous information or considerations into the minds of the jury. However, in this case there may still be family court related restrictions about stuff that pertains to the other child.

Tbh, if you wanted to bury bad news you probably couldn't have picked a better week than this.

Thank you SuperN

That all makes sense.
Pls correct me ( I've been away from this thread, so already a bit rusty on it )

but as both(?) will be convicted, at the very minimum of "perversion", as they have both admitted it, they surely won't have a chance of getting younger daughter back? So they won't be able to pursue this through Family courts, if for example, JG got suspended for perversion and decided to pursue? ( Thus we should be ok, posting previously restricted stuff, as long as we are all clear of TOS ) Dumb point maybe? Am ill -informed about this kind of stuff, so bear with me.

Anyway, I think a handy reminder on not mentioning names of related fam members incl youngest dau , is worth doing as I am happy to say we have new members/posters and will possibly get more.
What do you reckon Super?

Super - also another Q, Is it correct that a transcript of the Judgement will not *be available online at a future point? ie. we are dependent on reporters? I have vague recollections of this* from a previous case.

The Thomas Mair preliminary hearing is also at the Old Bailey, tomorrow (Monday), apparently, so if anyone's going to be there they can update us on that as well.

I notice the Euroref discussion upthread: I have thoughts on that as well. Do we have a proper Euro thread somewhere on here?

I haven't seen one but I find WS hard to search TBH.

Have to chase up why my local office does not have me on the roll ( we moved in 2015, my OH is on but I am not . EEEk!)

Welcome Louise.
make sure you give us your "two cents worth on here" Looroll, especially as we are in a holding pattern with nothing happening yet.

From all thread posters, on their behalf ( I know they'll do it if I miss someone new) ( Running out of novel emoji's for you)

:thewave: :welcome6: :wave: :toast: :bow:

Thank you for the welcome

I have to say i have been greatly disturbed by this case, it sadly had an air of tragic inevitability about it. BB and JG were simply not equipped to deal with either child and seemed to view them as possessions and were more interested in point scoring and winning against SS than the children themselves. Poor ellie didnt stand a chance . Hoping justice is done for this poor innocent girl x

Thank you for the welcome

I have to say i have been greatly disturbed by this case, it sadly had an air of tragic inevitability about it. BB and JG were simply not equipped to deal with either child and seemed to view them as possessions and were more interested in point scoring and winning against SS than the children themselves. Poor ellie didnt stand a chance . Hoping justice is done for this poor innocent girl x

Agreed louise. Sad thing is that there are more and more cases of them in the UK, or is it just cause I am noticing them more?
I think we have all, like you, continually been through all the emotions/processes ( sadness, righteous anger, horror, desire to see stiff justice, cynicism , contempt, curiosity, occasional protective banter, dogged conjecture and dispassionate theorising...) on here and we always come back to appreciating the sheer horror Ellie went through, as well as sister.

There really aren't adequate words for that ever, it's just something you feel in the pit of your stomach and touches on everyone's desire to protect and save, but when you're powerless.....

Maybe we won't even hear today.

I've got to go out now ,

here are the links in case anything happens, for newbies in case they haven't got them to hand or want to paste up news here:

https://twitter.com/DannyShawBBC/with_replies?lang=en-gb

Danny Shaw ‏@DannyShawBBC 1m1 minute ago
Jury in Ben #Butler trial have begun their second day considering verdicts.

doubtless they will post the news first
https://twitter.com/CourtNewsUK/with_replies

http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/

nor sure if this journo is reporting , she usually does a Guardian write-up
https://twitter.com/lisaocarroll/with_replies

I just keep thinking how horrible it was for both girls being taken from somewhere they felt secure and loved and being placed in that toxic environment. They must have felt so scared and bewildered :(

Ahhhh I'm so sorry to hear that Tortoise. I hope she feels much better real soon x [emoji120]

Regards to you all

Louise xx
Welcome looroll.
Glad you found us. I hope you'll find us very accommodating. Lol!
We are all a friendly bunch and very witty when we get a little stressed..
As you we are anxious to get a hopeful result. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—
Back