Found Deceased UK - Frankie Morris, 18, bike found Pentir Bangor, North Wales, 2 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was a smell in the woods. Like people have said ‘crazy’ that this area was never originally searched.

Thanks for the updates, everyone. It's terribly sad.

I expect his family and local people will have lots of questions and comments about why it took so long to find him, but it really doesn't sound as though anything would have turned out differently.

Poor guy, poor family....how sad. I'm so sorry his precious young life ended this way.

An inquest into the death of an 18-year-old man from Anglesey who went missing for more than a month has begun.

Frankie Morris' body was found in woodland near Bangor last Thursday.

He had last been seen on 2 May pushing his bike past a pub about two miles away from where his body was eventually found.

The disappearance of Mr Morris, from Llandegfan, led to a search with dozens of volunteers and police taking part.

North Wales Police confirmed last week that Mr Morris's death was not being treated as suspicious.

The hearing on Tuesday was told a post-mortem examination indicated he had died due to compression of the neck as a result of hanging.

Kate Sutherland, acting senior coroner for North West Wales, adjourned the hearing while investigations continue, and said she hoped to hold it in September.

Frankie Morris: Inquest into missing Anglesey teen's death

There was a smell in the woods. Like people have said ‘crazy’ that this area was never originally searched.

maybe people were not looking up! If he was hanging in a tree people could have walked passed without even knowing he was there.
Moo

Hey.

Terrible news about Frankie, my thoughts are with his family.

At first I found it hard to believe the suicide theory but reading this thread has made me think it could be possible.

My thoughts would be it was somewhat unplanned and a result of feeling really depressed (driven by drug comedown) on his walk home alone.

My only question would be where did he get the material for suicide? Did he have it on him the whole time? Could he have just found something in the woods? This part doesn't make sense to me.

Hey.

Terrible news about Frankie, my thoughts are with his family.

At first I found it hard to believe the suicide theory but reading this thread has made me think it could be possible.

My thoughts would be it was somewhat unplanned and a result of feeling really depressed (driven by drug comedown) on his walk home alone.

My only question would be where did he get the material for suicide? Did he have it on him the whole time? Could he have just found something in the woods? This part doesn't make sense to me.

Bootlaces? Belt, or money belt? Seems to me also that there may be a length of fabric wound around his left wrist in the cctv, although the image quality isn't good enough to be sure it isn't an artefact of the light. Or yes, maybe something found or improvised. In a rural area, gates or fencing might well be held together with nylon cord, for instance.

JMO

Welcome to Websleuths.

_118488005_frankie2cctv-002.jpg

I think it was the funeral yesterday. RIP Frankie. I still find the candles and the RIPs from family and friends odd weeks before Frankie was found. Family and friends must of had some knowledge that he had passed. Even a suicide note would not be enough for the RIPS. U always have to stay positive in MP investigation and searches that you might find the person (even alive) even if u know he may well of come to some Self harm. Obviously we have the suicide verdict and im not questioning that. The RIPs before a body is found is not normal behaviour i can assure you that.

I think it was the funeral yesterday. RIP Frankie. I still find the candles and the RIPs from family and friends odd weeks before Frankie was found. Family and friends must of had some knowledge that he had passed. Even a suicide note would not be enough for the RIPS. U always have to stay positive in MP investigation and searches that you might find the person (even alive) even if u know he may well of come to some Self harm. Obviously we have the suicide verdict and im not questioning that. The RIPs before a body is found is not normal behaviour i can assure you that.

ETA BBM

The police arrested someone for causing death by dangerous driving though. I think it's completely normal for people to have believed that meant the police knew he was dead. (The fact that they made that arrest is far odder with retrospect, imo.)

I’m sat in parents front room, less than 1/4 mile from where he was found. I can see the woods . It’s crazy to think I was here a month ago with my 2 young kids, having a great time while he was having such a tragic ending a stones throw away

I don’t know what I’m really trying to say, just feels sad to think what went on

I’m sat in parents front room, less than 1/4 mile from where he was found. I can see the woods . It’s crazy to think I was here a month ago with my 2 young kids, having a great time while he was having such a tragic ending a stones throw away

I don’t know what I’m really trying to say, just feels sad to think what went on

Feeling affected by the deep sadness of so very many of the cases that find their way on to WebSleuths is what makes us human. Coming up with information, ideas and angles here is something small we can do, and sometimes it helps but often it doesn't. One can't do everything and sometimes one can do nothing.

It's good that you and your parents are enjoying your children, and that they are enjoying themselves. Whether he knew or felt it or not, Frankie was very loved too.

Feeling affected by the deep sadness of so very many of the cases that find their way on to WebSleuths is what makes us human. Coming up with information, ideas and angles here is something small we can do, and sometimes it helps but often it doesn't. One can't do everything and sometimes one can do nothing.

It's good that you and your parents are enjoying your children, and that they are enjoying themselves. Whether he knew or felt it or not, Frankie was very loved too.
What a beautiful response @JuicyLucy

you and me both, i am very confused.
RIP sweet Frankie.

I can only assume his friends knew he was depressed and had an inkling he may have done something like this.

It's a very worrying time for people living with mental health issues.

Really (in a distinctly British way) hammering on how they believe motive was distress over an implied-to-be baseless rape accusation.

As our culture currently stands, a rape accusation that police don't deem even worth making contact with the accused can cause a young man to hang himself in the woods. We should all be aware of this.

Based on the summary in the link @LucyRocket posted, I think the coroner, while duly considering it, inferred this was the least of it actually. What he told his brother about having ideas of suicide because his life wasn't going anywhere is much more germane, even if his brother didn't think he was serious, and we can all learn from that. But the bit everyone really needs to be aware of imo is the psychological effects of recreational drug use, which lots of people both downplay and are at risk of. If he was already contemplating suicide, then a cocaine and ketamine comedown is probably what tipped him over the edge on that particular day imo.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee
Back