UK - Gaia Pope, 19, found deceased, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, it's not correct after all. That was based on an incorrect guess as to the location of the police tent. See JohnSmith's later map.

I just got to that part lol! Thanks, I deleted my post.

Thank you to JohnSmith! Great mapping. Makes it all much clearer.

There seems to be a bit of confusion over where everything is happening so I have made a map.

The police tent and portaloo are by the entrance to the field next to the quarry. Gaia was not found there, it is just the most convenient place for the police to put their toilets.

Based on the photos and where they were flying their drone when they found the clothes they were scattered in the part of the field marked with the yellow circle. There is a stone wall around the field about 5ft high with a gate at either side on the east and west walls. The footpath runs parallel to the southern wall of the field but the path is well below the height of the wall so you wouldn't be able to see over it. This time of year the footpath is muddy so Gaia may have jumped the gates and crossed the fields to save getting muddy. She knows that area so she would know it as a shortcut.

Many thanks John, great map and local knowledge. It confirmed what I thought. Just to add some more details, the white cliffs can be seen in the background of the photo's of the forensics picking up the clothing items, this suggests the photo was taken facing eastwards - would that be correct? And therefore suggest the dry stone wall in the background of said photos was running north-south?

And therefore suggesting the clothes were dropped on route to the area GP was found, toward the sea?

white cliffs2.jpg

Greg Elsey has today said his family intends to pursue legal action for their wrongful arrests. ‘It’s felt like they can’t find the poor girl so they said “let’s go and nick him”,’ Mr Elsey said.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/19/man-w...-out-after-body-is-found-7090913/?ito=cbshare

Well, given PE disappeared, I'm not sure the police had much option but to put out a warrant for him. And it was only thanks to GE being unable to stop talking to the press that anyone was able to name his son! I'm not sure who conformed RD and NE's identities but it wasn't the police, I don't think.

I personally think the police were a bit quick to use suspicion of murder as the reason for arrest but whether evidence turned up to corroborate or not, they were probably correct to arrest those that saw Gaia last.

Well, given PE disappeared, I'm not sure the police had much option but to put out a warrant for him. And it was only thanks to GE being unable to stop talking to the press that anyone was able to name his son! I'm not sure who conformed RD and NE's identities but it wasn't the police, I don't think.

I personally think the police were a bit quick to use suspicion of murder as the reason for arrest but whether evidence turned up to corroborate or not, they were probably correct to arrest those that saw Gaia last.

It's a strange one because I don't think the police ever formally identified any of the arrested people other than age and gender. However the fact that a 71 year old was interviewed by the BBC 90 mins before being arrested led to that conclusion, swiftly followed by GE defending his ex and grandson when making press statements that identified all the other people suspected. If all the E family had kept out of the press then I don't think anybody but locals would have known who had been arrested.

Many thanks John, great map and local knowledge. It confirmed what I thought. Just to add some more details, the white cliffs can be seen in the background of the photo's of the forensics picking up the clothing items, this suggests they were facing eastwards - would that be correct? And therefore suggest the dry stone wall in the background of said photos was running north-south?

And therefore suggesting the clothes were dropped on route to the area GP was found, toward the sea?

View attachment 126672

bbm - It looks like it doesn't it. But would she have to scramble over that stone wall to get to where she was found (JohnSmith said the whole field is surrounded by it)? Without clothes too. Sounds difficult in the dark and wet. Also, don't your fingers go numb when you suffer from hypothermia? Or she found one of the gates and went through there?

[video=twitter;932252450505052160]https://twitter.com/LEWIS_C/status/932252450505052160[/video]

It's a strange one because I don't think the police ever formally identified any of the arrested people other than age and gender. However the fact that a 71 year old was interviewed by the BBC 90 mins before being arrested led to that conclusion, swiftly followed by GE defending his ex and grandson when making press statements that identified all the other people suspected. If all the E family had kept out of the press then I don't think anybody but locals would have known who had been arrested.

The first time I heard PEs name, it was because GE was quoting it in the media....

Given that her cousin is talking about justice I don’t think she believes it was accidental.

How often is paradoxical undressing seen in hypothermia? I can’t find a figure on a quick google. Because without ascribing the clothes removal to that then naked young woman found with clothes dumped nearby and her coat found at someone else’s house does look very dodgy.

I wonder if the arrests were based on the Es not seeming very cooperative?

Given that her cousin is talking about justice I don’t think she believes it was accidental.

How often is paradoxical undressing seen in hypothermia? I can’t find a figure on a quick google. Because without ascribing the clothes removal to that then naked young woman found with clothes dumped nearby and her coat found at someone else’s house does look very dodgy.
I agree with you. There is lots of mention of swift justice. I imagine the family have known more than they have said publicly so as not to jeopardise the investigation hence the twins silence until yesterday. The only thing that adds up is fowl play.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Yes OK, autocorrect. Foul. You know what I mean so is there need for sarcasm?

It was a reference to a quote by GE about RD not being able to hurt a chicken which some of us found funny, that's all.

I honestly don't think Ironside meant any offence.

I would view that as banter and witty and meant as a lighthearted break from a dark topic.

It was a reference to a quote by GE about RD not being able to hurt a chicken which some of us found funny, that's all.
Apologies for missing that reference. Being close to this case means I'm struggling to see a funny side.

Squamous said:

Yep. No doubt the family know more than has been reported.

mizzyshader said:

To be fair, it was a funny quip. I don't think Ironside meant to hurt you feelings. :)

Rest in peace, Gaia. x

Yep. No doubt the family know more than has been reported.

To be fair, it was a funny quip. I don't think Ironside meant to hurt you feelings. :)

Rest in peace, Gaia. x
Yes please see comment above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member