Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so confused by this case. First they arrest two people for the murder. Based on what evidence? What did they find that lead them to believe that Gaia was dead in the first place, let alone they did it?

Only to release them and now act like she may be alive? This all happened on November 7th. Today is November 15th. If alive where would she be? Especially if she was in such a mental and physical state.

As has been stated many times in this case, none of this makes any sense.

This sounds Bad!!

Dorset Police would not confirm whether they had a warrant out to arrest Paul, who had been estranged from his dad for three years until the arrests brought them back together.

Nathan denied neighbours’ claims Gaia was seen at his address in the weeks before she vanished and said it was his girlfriend who has similar long blonde hair.

He insists he has not seen Gaia for more than a year

Mr Elsey said Nathan and his parents “would have nothing to do with” Gaia, her twin Maya or their mum Natasha and had not seen them for 14 months.
http://newsround.io/pop/police-seiz...-s-uncle-in-hunt-for-missing-gaia-pope/912980

MOO
They also took the car away @ midnight! Under the cover of darkness.
Was Gaia in the trunk?

I have a thought on the "cuddle" comment. I didn't take it as RD saying she was pleased that she (RD ) had given G a cuddle. I took it that RD was pleased that G *responded to her* when she gave the cuddle. As in 'she was hysterical until I gave her a cuddle and then she responded'.

I just assumed the term "cuddle" was a common term used where they live.

Of course JMHO

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

On the subject of statement analysis, it's the part about Gaia 'responded' when RD cuddled her that sends up red flags to me.

That word is often used when someone is in a state of unconsciousness, not just when they're upset and crying. It's possible that Gaia was ranting more to herself and to the room than to RD and then she started to 'respond' more directly to RD and calmed down a bit and talked more directly with RD rather than the ranting and screaming. I think either explanation is possible, but it does concern me that Gaia was losing consciousness or briefly came around and 'responded' to RD's cuddle by looking at her, squeezing her hand.

With RD saying she was pleased about this moment where Gaia 'responded' to her, it feels like a moment of extreme poignancy to RD, which again to me would indicate someone fighting for consciousness, especially if that was a fight that the person lost while you were holding them.

Someone's mentioned Gaia saying she was 'hot' with a different meaning to the word 'hot'. That is an interesting thought, and I had wondered if there might be something slightly sexual in taking her shirt off, and maybe if the reason RD (according to RD's ex) felt that Gaia's words should be kept more private might be that they were related to sex and maybe also related to allegations of a sexual nature that related to someone RD might want to protect from those allegations being public. Or she might just want to protect Gaia's 'reputation'.

But if Gaia's shirt was off, then someone asks RD "why did she take her shirt off?" the obvious thing to say would be that she felt hot. When people explain things that they don't know the answer to they tend to go for the most logical reasoning. But the most logical could also be exactly what did happen...maybe Gaia was feverish, maybe that was the reason for the doctor's appointment and her pallor and puffy eyes in the petrol station video?

Thing is, we don't really use the term POI here so the police wouldn't make that statement. They were arrested on suspicion of murder but released on bail, their names are all over the newspapers and they haven't been cleared. Thoughts?

I agree with this post. I don't recall POI being used here. I think this new 'under investigation' term would be an equivalent of that for someone who's already been arrested. Under Investigation/Of Interest is pretty equivalent. If they had been released without charge, then that would be different, but it seems to me that these two are still 'persons of interest' but that the police use a more British terminology.

This sounds Bad!!

Dorset Police would not confirm whether they had a warrant out to arrest Paul, who had been estranged from his dad for three years until the arrests brought them back together.

Nathan denied neighbours’ claims Gaia was seen at his address in the weeks before she vanished and said it was his girlfriend who has similar long blonde hair.

Mr Elsey said Nathan and his parents “would have nothing to do with” Gaia, her twin Maya or their mum Natasha and had not seen them for 14 months.
http://newsround.io/pop/police-seiz...-s-uncle-in-hunt-for-missing-gaia-pope/912980

MOO
Was Gaia in the trunk?

In statement analysis, it's not expected to be disparaging of the missing. Even if you disliked a missing person, an innocent person would generally be respectful of them and their family.

It's dubious that he thinks saying they "would have nothing to do with" Gaia & family deflects suspicion from them. It makes them look worse. After all, even if the Elsey's are innocent, Gaia is definitely innocent and a victim, so why disparage her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How odd - I wonder if that's bad reporting again - he can't use a phone without charging it at some point. Even if it was out of battery when he left the house, most people have mobile chargers these days, still could have taken it.

would you want to be banged up for 24 hours like Nathan
interesting train of thought there, following the phone comment

He might have left the charger at RD's house, then when the police started searching that property her son moved to his father's home, forgot to take the charger and so the phone ran out of charge. It's not hard to pick up a new lead for charging though.

The police must surely know if she died in the house they are searching. They must have had the dogs in there.

However, the mother is still saying she believes Gaia is alive, so perhaps they haven't found anything incriminating yet.

Or would they withhold that knowledge from the family?

I think they've found something very suggestive of death in RD's home. But without proof of death they're in a difficult situation with what to tell the family and how to help the family get through this period of not knowing for certain. I also think this searching is probably to help keep the family and community focused and feeling that they're doing something useful. At this point I think the police generally don't want the public to find anything, but if there's even a remote chance that Gaia is still alive somewhere or has left traces of hiding out somewhere, then the searching could still find something helpful, so it's not worthless to search, but I think the police will want and expect to be the ones to actually find Gaia at this point.

According to Mr Elsey, Paul, who left his mobile phone at his father’s address, claims he was carrying out work on a flat he owns in Weymouth, Dorset, on the day of Gaia’s disappearance last week.

Mr Elsey told the Mail: ‘Last week, the police spoke to Paul and asked him where he was when Gaia went missing.
‘He turned around to them and said, “There’s my iPhone, there’s my bank card, I bought some stuff down in Weymouth last Tuesday. You can take it and do you want to check my car?” They didn’t want to.
‘Then suddenly last night, Dorset Police turned up with a search warrant and then took the car away in a covered wagon.’
He added: ’I don’t know where he is, he went off with one of his mates on Tuesday afternoon. He’s got no mobile phone.
‘He left it because he has no charger for it. Would you want to be banged up for 24 hours like Nathan?’

He said Debbie and her son Nathan had been very close to Gaia and her twin sister Maya when Nathan was growing up.
But the teenagers fell out recently after Nathan broke up with his ex-girlfriend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...teen-arrested-missing-Gaia.html#ixzz4yXszgfXK

Gotta love the different terms used in different countries...this is what Americans typically think of as a "covered wagon"...

4342738aafde5f5262e9ed9ecedd828a.jpg

It's a funny thought to imagine a car being taken away in that! Lol!

We don't usually use the term wagon for this, the word sounded odd to me as well. We'd normally say trailer for something pulled behind a car. .

He might have left the charger at RD's house, then when the police started searching that property her son moved to his father's home, forgot to take the charger and so the phone ran out of charge. It's not hard to pick up a new lead for charging though.
I'm sure that phone is GONE!
70yr olds and many 40 something's aren't that up to date on technology.

MOO

I'm sure that phone is GONE!
70yr olds and many 40 something's aren't that up to date on technology.

MOO

I don't know anyone in their 40s that doesn't have a mobile phone. My gran had an iPhone and she was in her 80s.

I can see someone leaving behind a cheap android phone perhaps but not an iPhone, if you own one of them you generally use it.

This sounds Bad!!

MOO
Was Gaia in the trunk?

I'm thinking there's a chance that it's the reporter's poor choice of wording, because when a person is released under police investigation there are conditions such as not attempting to contact certain other persons involved in the case.

Most people have portable chargers these days.

Or, as someone else said last night, he could have another phone.

This sounds Bad!!

MOO
Was Gaia in the trunk?

Oh who does that remind me of - Shauna and her mother ( Becky Watts case )

Most people have portable chargers these days.

Or, as someone else said last night, he could have another phone.

Didn't the story say that he'd left the phone at GE's though? So if the police want it, they can get a warrant and look at it?

I'm being dense, aren't I?

The phone is being referred to for a different reason? Because it makes it harder to find him without his phone?

Didn't the story say that he'd left the phone at GE's though? So if the police want it, they can get a warrant and look at it?

I'm being dense, aren't I?

The phone is being referred to for a different reason? Because it makes it harder to find him without his phone?

Sorry Amonet - and anyone else I am replying to - my system is playing up today, showing threads and then removing them before I have time to post ...gggrrr

Yes GPE did say that PE had left his phone behind. Police could try to look at it - might take time if they dont have the password/code.
But I think the main point was that GPE was just trying to justify why he cant get in touch with his son.

RD lives in a first floor flat. I've been thinking that RD and PE live there, and unless it had 3 bedrooms it's quite unlikely that Gaia would have been staying there occasionally. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding in the early reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06