Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So from what I can work out from bits and pieces read- she was staying with the 2 who have been arrested? If that's correct does anyone know the reason for it or how long she was staying there?

And she was abused 2 years ago. The abuser may be released sometime soon which is the cause of her severe distress. From what I can gather. There is a lot on her instagram about her being s&t shamed. But no idea if this was in relation to the abuse (I hope not - but I am thinking it COULD be relatives of the abuser who simply are accusing her of making it up or something?) or if it is people just being nasty and spiteful about each other.

Thoughts anyone?

So from what I can work out from bits and pieces read- she was staying with the 2 who have been arrested? If that's correct does anyone know the reason for it or how long she was staying there?

And she was abused 2 years ago. The abuser may be released sometime soon which is the cause of her severe distress. From what I can gather. There is a lot on her instagram about her being s&t shamed. But no idea if this was in relation to the abuse (I hope not - but I am thinking it COULD be relatives of the abuser who simply are accusing her of making it up or something?) or if it is people just being nasty and spiteful about each other.

Thoughts anyone?

Strange thing is they said they were searching two properties, so I presumed the 19 yr old didn't live there.

Maybe, just maybe, she had something similar going on and felt that the police wouldn't take her seriously as it was the second time?

[FONT=&quot]Police with warrants began searches of two addresses in Swanage late yesterday afternoon (November 13).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This morning police have said these sites are likely to remain crime scenes "for some time".

A 19-year-old man and a 71-year-old woman, both from the Swanage area, had been arrested on suspicion of murder. They are both known to Gaia.

The 71-year-old woman has now been released under investigation. The 19-year-old man remains in custody to assist the police.

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/gaia-pope-dorset-police-issue-773315
[/FONT]

Strange thing is they said they were searching two properties, so I presumed the 19 yr old didn't live there.

Maybe, just maybe, she had something similar going on and felt that the police wouldn't take her seriously as it was the second time?

re the two properties...that was why I wondered what the Company did - rental or management of properties could provide places to hide things ?

What are the comments saying? They are closed on the article now

Sorry Jen, meant to reply to you earlier but thread was moving fast !

comments are still there but we are not allowed to quote FB on here. But later posts on here today have covered the info anyway.

also

:wagon: to Websleuths

Could the 2 addresses be the home address she left and the house she ran to and was supposedly staying in with the 71 year old woman. I just google mapped it- about 1.6 miles. Why would she suddenly leave one house (when she is about to go to the GP) saying nothing and leaving her phone (which she believes was being monitored according to her instagram) and run that distance? What happened that caused her to do that and go there? Was it a mental breakdown as her state was fragile? Did someone contact her? Did she want to get something from the address she was staying at? Why did she hug the lady and then leave? Have they confirmed she left again? So many questions and I can't figure this out at all!

And murder- what evidence do they have of murder? Not possible kidnapping or manslaughter or self harm? Murder. And the fb find her page being taken down so quick etc. If they were not arresting on suspicion of murder, it could well be that the poor girl was terrified and literally ran, grabbed whatever from where she was staying- like her medication and vanished out of sheer terror. Did I read she was on the way to a friends house after she left there reported somewhere?

re the two properties...that was why I wondered what the Company did - rental or management of properties could provide places to hide things ?
RD was a director of two companies (resigned from both in 2008).

MANOR GARDENS MANAGEMENT COMPANY (SWANAGE) LIMITED has 'Residents property management' listed for nature of business.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01830290

MANOR GARDENS FREEHOLD (SWANAGE) COMPANY LIMITED is dormant, but the name suggests it is just the company that owns the freehold. It has 16 shareholders with an equal 1 share each - I assume these are the leaseholders.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05642539

Could the 2 addresses be the home address she left and the house she ran to and was supposedly staying in with the 71 year old woman. I just google mapped it- about 1.6 miles. Why would she suddenly leave one house (when she is about to go to the GP) saying nothing and leaving her phone (which she believes was being monitored according to her instagram) and run that distance? What happened that caused her to do that and go there? Was it a mental breakdown as her state was fragile? Did someone contact her? Did she want to get something from the address she was staying at? Why did she hug the lady and then leave? Have they confirmed she left again? So many questions and I can't figure this out at all!

And murder- what evidence do they have of murder? Not possible kidnapping or manslaughter or self harm? Murder. And the fb find her page being taken down so quick etc. If they were not arresting on suspicion of murder, it could well be that the poor girl was terrified and literally ran, grabbed whatever from where she was staying- like her medication and vanished out of sheer terror. Did I read she was on the way to a friends house after she left there reported somewhere?

I think the police know she didn't leave. Could be a Corrie situation where they have checked all directions and she would have been caught on camera. Let's hope there wasn't a bin collection the next day.

RD was a director of two companies (resigned from both in 2008).

MANOR GARDENS MANAGEMENT COMPANY (SWANAGE) LIMITED has 'Residents property management' listed for nature of business.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01830290

MANOR GARDENS FREEHOLD (SWANAGE) COMPANY LIMITED is dormant, but the name suggests it is just the company that owns the freehold. It has 16 shareholders with an equal 1 share each - I assume these are the leaseholders.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05642539

Thanks Legally. Had a look at those, which was where I found the *other * family names and the link to NE.

Interesting balance sheet ? but then again, all the money could be elsewhere.

My take is that after finding no trace of Gaia on cctv, police decided this was serious enough to search her last known whereabouts (the house she ran from and the house she ran to?) and they found something questionable at the second address which led to the arrests.

I noted that in the interview, the elderly lady said that she was fairly sure Gaia wasn't in a seizure state. If one were trying to obfuscate something terrible, I would think Gaia having a seizure would be thrown in to the mix.

My take is that after finding no trace of Gaia on cctv, police decided this was serious enough to search her last known whereabouts (the house she ran from and the house she ran to?) and they found something questionable at the second address which led to the arrests.

I noted that in the interview, the elderly lady said that she was fairly sure Gaia wasn't in a seizure state. If one were trying to obfuscate something terrible, I would think Gaia having a seizure would be thrown in to the mix.

On the other hand, if RD had said that Gaia was in a seizure state, then the police would surely have been asking why RD allowed Gaia to depart from the property ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME