Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wondering if the tide would be right in over bottom of cliff area the night she went missing

Well. Both today's developments seem very coincidental (clothing & PE turning up).

But, if both are linked, just can't get my head round why the clothing would be on open land when there are cliffs/water nearby (if you were trying to dispose of evidence doesn't make sense to just dump in field does it?).

If clothes are hers, kind of leading me more towards poor Gaia taking off of her own accord. If so, Maybe PE thought it safe to return because clothing found?? I.e. putting him in the clear?

Also crossed my mind that they could be someone else's clothes, but with evidence linking to disappearance.

Just thinking out loud peeps. So many possible theories but nothing really makes sense.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BBM.

If you were trying to make it look like it wasn't a murder, you may have dumped them in an open field. If she had hypothermia, she would have just dumped the clothes where she was taking them off.

Rupert Evelyn‏ @rupertevelyn
3m3 minutes ago

Aerial pics from “clothes” find in hunt for #GaiaPope show police searching field next to stone quarry south of Swanage

Gaia Pope coastal area.jpg

Well. Both today's developments seem very coincidental (clothing & PE turning up).

But, if both are linked, just can't get my head round why the clothing would be on open land when there are cliffs/water nearby (if you were trying to dispose of evidence doesn't make sense to just dump in field does it?).

If clothes are hers, kind of leading me more towards poor Gaia taking off of her own accord.
If so, Maybe PE thought it safe to return because clothing found?? I.e. putting him in the clear?

Also crossed my mind that they could be someone else's clothes, but with evidence linking to disappearance.

Just thinking out loud peeps. So many possible theories but nothing really makes sense.

I have the same thoughts.

BBM. That could be precisely what the perp/s want you to think.
Assuming that a) Gaia has come to harm and b)someone else/others is/are involved.
Ah, of course. Lightbulb moment! Thanks DanceCard

As long as you don't go through the caravan park you could get all the way up to the cliffs without passing any cameras and only a few houses. If she was hot from running up Morrison Road she would be sweltering after walking up to the cliffs. Even in winter I am normally down to a t-shirt by the time I reach the quarry at the top of the hill.

As long as you don't go through the caravan park you could get all the way up to the cliffs without passing any cameras and only a few houses. If she was hot from running up Morrison Road she would be sweltering after walking up to the cliffs. Even in winter I am normally down to a t-shirt by the time I reach the quarry at the top of the hill.

A-ha, a local I presume, welcome!! What's your gut feeling?

If you had hurt her and wanted to make it look like she was having an episode and hurt herself- by stripping off in a field and then jumping? I hate saying that out loud.
Thanks Foxymona. Yes, totally makes sense. Worked on me, if that was the intention of a potential perp.

OK, so the coincidence even more telling now IMO

DOw7ZsUXUAAIoOH.jpg

Someone posted this photo in response to a tweet saying this seems to be the area where the clothes were found.

[video=twitter;931184570439032832]https://twitter.com/betsyspangles/status/931184570439032832[/video]

Will they bring the coastguard to search down below?

Do you mean the quarry at top of Panorama Road? further on from Townsend Nature reserve?

Ah, of course. Lightbulb moment! Thanks DanceCard

It's just odd that the area has supposedly already been searched and these items have only just been found. :thinking:
There again, it wouldn't be the first time that evidence has been missed so perhaps they have been there all along and Gaia herself left them there.

Just police confirmation of what was said in the B. Echo

On Monday 13 November 2017 search warrants were carried out at two addresses in Swanage and searches there remain ongoing. As part of our investigations, three vehicles have been seized.

https://twitter.com/PurbeckPolice

A-ha, a local I presume, welcome!! What's your gut feeling?
Not sure at the moment. If she was killed then putting the clothes up there would be a good way to make it look like she ran off. Then again you would have to drive through a farm to get there and there would be far easier places to dispose of clothing. If she did run there on her own then from Morrison Road that would be the quickest way to get out of the town and into the countryside. She knows that area as there are photos of her at Durlston on Instagram and you would walk along there from Langton to get to Durlston.

attachment.php

Someone posted this photo in response to a tweet saying this seems to be the area where the clothes were found.

[video=twitter;931184570439032832]https://twitter.com/betsyspangles/status/931184570439032832[/video]

Will they bring the coastguard to search down below?

That is about a mile west of where the police were looking earlier.

[video=twitter;931192679228235777]https://twitter.com/rupertevelyn/status/931192679228235777[/video]

Has anyone worked out whether Gaia could have left Manor Gardens, gone down Cow Lane, Priests Way and towards the cliffs without getting caught on CCTV?

Cant see any CCTV on the route until you get to the holiday park, when it looks as though there might be one on the Reception building

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...5986110086a7b46!8m2!3d50.6104028!4d-1.9723757

police did say no CCTV sightings, so would presume ( hope ! ) they checked this route

Oh here we go

Katerina Vittozzi‏ @kvittozzi
43s43 seconds ago

Breaking: 49 year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder in connection to disappearance of Gaia #Pope, Police say he is known to Gaia and is from Swanage

Kay Burley‏Verified account @KayBurley
2m2 minutes ago

BREAK: 49-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder of 19-year-old Gaia Pope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member