Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so,,,,wheres the reward? we need an offer of a reward i think!

i still think PE and RD are involved, despite being released.

why would she go into hiding? because of the release of the person who attacked her? is that enough to disappear, without taking any belongings with you?

Perhaps the person helping her shares her paranoia so believes they are doing the right thing not speaking?

If she is in hiding, she can't be doing it alone, and by now that person would have realised he/she's going to face a serious trial for perverting the course of justice. A friend might have agreed to hide her, not realising it'd get so serious. Could they have devised a plan to plant the clothes to suggest a suicide attempt, then plan for Gaia to turn up later, claiming amnesia based on the epilepsy?

:thinking:

i guess we only have the forensics on clothing to go by now then....see what that reveals.

but if she's hiding, then she will need food. and she must have alternate clothing. if this was pre planned, then hair could be cut/dyed etc

she could be in plain sight
If she dyed/cut her hair, put on some makeup, glasses and bulky clothes she could probably walk around town without being noticed. The photos that have been posted everywhere don't look much like her cctv photo from the garage.

Perhaps the person helping her shares her paranoia so believes they are doing the right thing not speaking?

Perhaps they did, but now I think they'll be fearing for themselves too. Plus Gaia could fear she'd face a sentence for wasting police time as well as becoming a social outcast for letting the Esleys get arrested.

As a mother of a 19 year old girl who also suffers from severe epilepsy I have to say once on medication you have to keep taking it. You absolutely cannot just stop! Any changing of tablets or doses are done over many weeks so that you taper off gently and then re-start gently. Simply stopping taking them can result in status epilepticus, which is a prolonged seizure and multiple seizures. Often that can result in death. Oxygen levels and heart rate being the main factor. Usually within 12 hours of your first missed dose a fit will occur. I would not like to imagine what could happen due to the continued lack of meds. But personally I don't think the epilepsy has been the cause of her disappearance at all. I think human behaviour on the part of someone else has. Just need to add also that if she had run away and staged her own disappearance she's out there with no tablets on her, and no prescription for any new meds when they run out.

From her posts on social media she appears to be in the grip of severe paranoia including fear of the police. In that state she won't need anything real to hide from, her imagination will be making it up.

As for the 'no belongings', she could have been given stuff by other people. How about the TK Maxx stuff she accused her sister of buying?
There are more police in the town than I have ever seen before so she would have plenty to fear.

Volunteers are being asked to join mass searches of Swanage on Saturday. People are being asked to gather at midday at three separate locations to join line-searches

Midday seems daft given that it will be getting dark before 4pm. They should be starting at 9am to make best use of the limited daylight.

Is this a beige bra?

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...Pope__Clifftop_search_continues_near_Swanage/

SBM

That's precisely what I see, Jersey Girl.

I mean, she was talking on social media about running away, being encouraged to. And then she disappears.

Wild animals in that area are mostly foxes, badgers and roe deer, although there were a couple large labrador size black cats here a few years ago but they haven't been seen for a long time.

Any boar in the area? Boar are very fond of rootling around with their tusks.

As a mother of a 19 year old girl who also suffers from severe epilepsy I have to say once on medication you have to keep taking it. You absolutely cannot just stop! Any changing of tablets or doses are done over many weeks so that you taper off gently and then re-start gently. Simply stopping taking them can result in status epilepticus, which is a prolonged seizure and multiple seizures. Often that can result in death. Oxygen levels and heart rate being the main factor. Usually within 12 hours of your first missed dose a fit will occur. I would not like to imagine what could happen due to the continued lack of meds. But personally I don't think the epilepsy has been the cause of her disappearance at all. I think human behaviour on the part of someone else has.

This is scary. I think someone's taken her in, and she's died (probably from the epilepsy). The person who took her in is now panicking and planted the clothes in a messy attempt to make it look like suicide. I think this person is based in Swanage.

I can’t shake the feeling she’s alive and aware of what’s going on.
With the IG posts and hashtags #nopolice #withoutpolice and the derogatory way her twin refers to them.....I don’t think Gaia (especially with mental state and possible epileptic episode) would see the police as trying to help.
She was paranoid they were tracking her phone and worried she would be shut up in a cell.
Maybe she’s terrified of them finding her and is doing all she can to hide.
Her twin had told her to run somewhere safe and wait until it blew over....
Most people would realise this had gone to far but we don’t know what state she is in mentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she dyed/cut her hair, put on some makeup, glasses and bulky clothes she could probably walk around town without being noticed. The photos that have been posted everywhere don't look much like her cctv photo from the garage.

If she's alive (and I think it's unlikely) and has gone to that extent to change her appearance, I don't think she'll be in Swanage any more.

Just seems so odd that a murderer would just leave clothes that will have DNA on so out in the open...and then take the body somewhere else...and if you were commuting suicide you wouldn't strip to do it...i still wouldn't be surprised to find her alive, 19 year olds do not have fear, they do silly things...it just wouldn't surprise me

They might not necessarily have much DNA on them. If something happened when she wasn't wearing the clothes or had got changed into other clothes...

As far as I understand textile fibres do not take on much DNA from mere touch, it is usually better transmitted in liquid, ie. body fluids.

I wonder if she had a stash of clothes at someone else's place and could have got change? She may even have put them in a bag and they were moved by her or someone else. According to RD she was stripping off in her house. Who knows if it's the truth that the clothes were put back on, or if she went somewhere else and again stripped off her clothing.

I can’t shake the feeling she’s alive and aware of what’s going on.
With the IG posts and hashtags #nopolice #withoutpolice and the derogatory way her twin refers to them.....I don’t think Gaia (especially with mental state and possible epileptic episode) would see the police as trying to help.
She was paranoid they were tracking her phone and worried she would be shut up in a cell.
Maybe she’s terrified of them finding her and is doing all she can to hide.
Her twin had told her to run somewhere safe and wait until it blew over....
Most people would realise this had gone to far but we don’t know what state she is in mentally.

Plus the seemingly ‘planted clothes’
Maybe im just over optimistic that she will be found alive...

Any boar in the area? Boar are very fond of rootling around with their tusks.
No boar in the valley as far as I know. If there were they would probably be shot as the farms along the hill are mostly sheep and cattle which wouldn't get on well with boars. The foxes cause enough problems killing the lambs. The field where the clothes were found is empty at the moment so if it was a wild animal it was probably a badger or fox.

initially it wasn't known for certain if she had her meds with her or not

i'm thinking they must know by now.....her belongings at both houses will have been searched. if her disappearance was planned or a family member had assisted then i'm also sure the police will know by now

i feel she's in plain sight....under noses.....

Could she have been wearing the blue shirt under a bigger red checked over-shirt? This is so weird.

If that dash-cam footage was her, she could have been being picked up and taken out of the area, then a friend could have planted the clothes to make it look like a suicide mission?

All the possible scenarios seem so unlikely :thinking:

Is it known if Police have ruled this dashcam car in or out or belive it relevant? I would think given the release of the latest man this possible sighting is more important?

The quality is terrible but do others have any thoughts on the make/model of car? My first thought/gut says early ~2000's Fiat Punto but it could be something else.

Is it known if Police have ruled this dashcam car in or out or belive it relevant? I would think given the release of the latest man this possible sighting is more important?

The quality is terrible but do others have any thoughts on the make/model of car? My first thought/gut says early ~2000's Fiat Punto but it could be something else.

I don't think the police have commented on the dash-cam footage.

The blue shirt could have also been Gaia's, under the red one, if the red one was something like this: https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/...Vw7vtCh2nmw8UEAQYAiABEgKu7vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

She looks pretty bundled up in the garage CCTV and that'd explain why she was so hot at RD's and left without the coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744