Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If/when we find out if her phone was in her coat pocket it could explain that. There would be no other reasonable explanation for the phone being left behind at RD's. I'd find it odd if Gaia left her phone at her aunt's house.

Does she have her hand in her pocket as she's running? Could be her left pocket though which is not visible on the footage.
if she decided while she was at RDs house that she was going to vanish then that would be a good reason to leave her phone behind.

Hi all :). UK newbie here, just joined.

RE Gaia being in hiding or committing suicide - IMO the police wouldn't be talking about murder without having very good reason and evidence, obviously murder is such a serious, distressing and lifechanging event for Gaia's family to be faced with, the police wouldn't be going down that road unless they had a very good idea she has been murdered. IMO it's a combination of cadaver dog indicator plus other evidence in RD's house.

It seems rather an obvious coincidence that Gaia had been talking about reporting a pedophile or that other creep in the club pestering girls, and then suddenly comes to harm. But of course it could just be a coincidence.

Regarding RD it cannot, for me, just be a coincidence that an argument was heard at RD's house and that's the last known place GP was seen. And now GP's missing and likely come to harm. Added to that, as others have said, RD's use of 'she responded to me' is off. Her interview feels like a mix of fairytale storytelling mixed with elements of truth leaking out, and indicators of recent trauma. RD begins the interview looking all smily and mellow, which to me is a bit weird considering the seriousness of the situation and that she's being interviewed for TV, something that would make most people feel a bit nervous? Then sudden emotion/choking up when describing Gaia's state as if she's remembering a traumatic event she was part of, followed by overemphasis on how she has absolutely no idea where Gaia is now. I believe that interview could have been requested by the police so they could watch RD's reaction/have statement analysis and body language experts etc look at it. As we do know, the police do call press conferences, TV interviews etc precisely for this reason, to watch what people say and how they say it. If memory serves, she was arrested shortly after that interview.

Very sadly I believe Gaia has passed away, and died in RD's house in the argument that neighbour heard. Possibly the one-night stand she mentioned on her Instagram was with Nathan Elsey or even Paul Elsey if Gaia had been drunk, perhaps she grew increasingly upset about being ignored after, with some PDSD about sex mixed in, that's why she was running to RD's house to have a confrontation about it. Maybe it was manslaughter, a row that got out of hand and the person didn't mean to kill her, maybe it was murder. If Gaia died in the house because of epilepsy and/or extreme distress, surely they could have just called an ambulance and said what happened even if it looked bad.

This news about Gaia's clothes turning up after the area had been searched previously (if that's what happened) is very concerning and points to murder. So sad and such a shame, she seemed a cool girl and obviously very loved. :(

if she decided while she was at RDs house that she was going to vanish then that would be a good reason to leave her phone behind.
Well then I would wonder what reason RD would have for not appearing to be truthful in her media interview. And why the police arrested her on suspicion of murder.

If/when we find out if her phone was in her coat pocket it could explain that. There would be no other reasonable explanation for the phone being left behind at RD's. I'd find it odd if Gaia left her phone at her aunt's house.

Does she have her hand in her pocket as she's running? Could be her left pocket though which is not visible on the footage.

really hard to tell, looks like her right hand is not in pocket, but as you say, left side cant be seen

I think I remember she left it at her aunt's place? And it made sense to me since she was paranoid per her IG post that police might monitor her phone.

I think everyone's massively overcomplicating things.

Rahhhhh this is driving me nuts!

If she was murdered at the house, it's unlikely that they came up with a super elaborate plan to get rid of the body, and plant clothes, unless it was pre-meditated. What's the motive? If it was an accidental death, why not just say that rather than go through all this and get in far more trouble. Terrible accidents like that do happen.

I think that like a previous poster said, the wind may have scattered the clothes. The question is, from where? Is it possible they dumped her body in the river and discarded the clothes nearby, but not very well (in a bin perhaps) and they wind blew it over which is how they got scattered and weren't seen before?

Is it possible they missed the clothes the first time around? Remember, police searched the attic where Tia Sharpe's body was, and missed it. I think suicide or misadventure is actually quite likely.

I'm sure that the police wouldn't have arrested those people without evidence, and they wouldn't be searching the sea without a good reason either. Unfortunately, I really don't think she's hiding out anywhere. I really think she's in the water - just my gut instinct.

I think I remember she left it at her aunt's place? And it made sense to me since she was paranoid per her IG post that police might monitor her phone.
It hasn't been confirmed unfortunately.

RE Gaia being in hiding or committing suicide - IMO the police wouldn't be talking about murder without having very good reason and evidence, obviously it's such a serious and distressing life event for Gaia's family to be faced with, the police wouldn't be going down that road unless they had a very good idea she has been murdered. IMO it's a combination of cadaver dog indicator plus other evidence in RD's house.

It seems rather an obvious coincidence that Gaia had been talking about reporting a pedophile or that other creep in the club pestering girls, and then and suddenly comes to harm. But of course it could just be a coincidence.

Regarding RD it cannot, for me, just be a coincidence that an argument was heard at RD's house and that's the last known place GP was seen. And now GP's missing and likely come to harm. Added to that, as others have said, RD's use of 'she responded to me' is off. Her interview feels like a mix of fairytale storytelling mixed with elements of truth leaking out, and indicators of recent trauma. RD begins the interview looking all smily and mellow, which to me is a bit weird considering the seriousness of the situation and that she's being interviewed for TV, something that would make most people feel a bit nervous? Then sudden emotion/choking up when describing Gaia's state as if she's remembering a traumatic event she was part of, followed by overemphasis on how she has absolutely no idea where Gaia is now. I believe that interview could have been requested by the police so they could watch RD's reaction/have statement analysis/body language experts etc look at it. As we do know, the police do call press conferences, TV interviews etc precisely for this reason, to watch what people say and how they say it. If memory serves, she was arrested shortly after that interview.

Very sadly I believe Gaia has passed away, and died in RD's house in the argument that neighbour heard. Possibly the one-night stand she mentioned on her Instagram was with Nathan Elsey or even Paul Elsey if Gaia had been drunk, perhaps she grew increasingly upset about being ignored after, with some PDSD about sex mixed in, that's why she was running to RD's house to have a confrontation about it. Maybe it was manslaughter, a row that got out of hand and the person didn't mean to kill her, maybe it was murder. If Gaia died in the house because of epilepsy and/or extreme distress, surely they could have just called an ambulance and said what happened, even if it looked bad.

This news about Gaia's clothes turning up after the area had been searched previously (if that's what happened) is very concerning and points to murder. So sad and such shame, she seemed a cool girl and obviously very loved. :(

Some really great points. I'm not sure about the one night stand but you could be right - something took her there in a rush.

:welcome4:

If she was murdered at the house, it's unlikely that they came up with a super elaborate plan to get rid of the body, and plant clothes, unless it was pre-meditated. What's the motive? If it was an accidental death, why not just say that rather than go through all this and get in far more trouble. Terrible accidents like that do happen.

I think that like a previous poster said, the wind may have scattered the clothes. The question is, from where? Is it possible they dumped her body in the river and discarded the clothes nearby, but not very well (in a bin perhaps) and they wind blew it over which is how they got scattered and weren't seen before?

Is it possible they missed the clothes the first time around? Remember, police searched the attic where Tia Sharpe's body was, and missed it. I think suicide or misadventure is actually quite likely.

I'm sure that the police wouldn't have arrested those people without evidence, and they wouldn't be searching the sea without a good reason either. Unfortunately, I really don't think she's hiding out anywhere. I really think she's in the water - just my gut instinct.

I don't think anyone's saying there was a super elaborate plan. Hiding bodies is unfortunately what a lot of murderers do, and she would only need to have been quickly put in the boot of the car initially. A plan for the clothes could come after, especially with 3 or 4 people to come up with ideas to make it appear a suicide.

I don't think winds were strong enough to blow sneakers around.
But I agree it is possible they missed the items the first time they searched there.

I don't think anyone's saying there was a super elaborate plan. Hiding bodies is unfortunately what a lot of murderers do, and she would only need to have been quickly put in the boot of the car initially. A plan for the clothes could come after, especially with 3 or 4 people to come up with ideas to make it appear a suicide.

If there was any trace of Gaia in the boot of a car, wouldn't the owner be kept in for more questioning?

If there was any trace of Gaia in the boot of a car, wouldn't the owner be kept in for more questioning?
I would say yes, but has it been cleaned, and how quickly can they do the forensic testing? I would think the dogs would alert even if it had been cleaned, but can they use just that in court? He is still under investigation and it's possible they will want to use those extra hours available to them to the maximum once they have more results. We still don't know who the third car belongs to.

I agree with you libramoon1975. And thank you Tortoise for the welcome. x

RE Gaia being in hiding or committing suicide - IMO the police wouldn't be talking about murder without having very good reason and evidence, obviously murder is such a serious, distressing and lifechanging event for Gaia's family to be faced with, the police wouldn't be going down that road unless they had a very good idea she has been murdered. IMO it's a combination of cadaver dog indicator plus other evidence in RD's house.

It seems rather an obvious coincidence that Gaia had been talking about reporting a pedophile or that other creep in the club pestering girls, and then suddenly comes to harm. But of course it could just be a coincidence.

Regarding RD it cannot, for me, just be a coincidence that an argument was heard at RD's house and that's the last known place GP was seen. And now GP's missing and likely come to harm. Added to that, as others have said, RD's use of 'she responded to me' is off. Her interview feels like a mix of fairytale storytelling mixed with elements of truth leaking out, and indicators of recent trauma. RD begins the interview looking all smily and mellow, which to me is a bit weird considering the seriousness of the situation and that she's being interviewed for TV, something that would make most people feel a bit nervous? Then sudden emotion/choking up when describing Gaia's state as if she's remembering a traumatic event she was part of, followed by overemphasis on how she has absolutely no idea where Gaia is now. I believe that interview could have been requested by the police so they could watch RD's reaction/have statement analysis and body language experts etc look at it. As we do know, the police do call press conferences, TV interviews etc precisely for this reason, to watch what people say and how they say it. If memory serves, she was arrested shortly after that interview.

Very sadly I believe Gaia has passed away, and died in RD's house in the argument that neighbour heard. Possibly the one-night stand she mentioned on her Instagram was with Nathan Elsey or even Paul Elsey if Gaia had been drunk, perhaps she grew increasingly upset about being ignored after, with some PDSD about sex mixed in, that's why she was running to RD's house to have a confrontation about it. Maybe it was manslaughter, a row that got out of hand and the person didn't mean to kill her, maybe it was murder. If Gaia died in the house because of epilepsy and/or extreme distress, surely they could have just called an ambulance and said what happened even if it looked bad.

This news about Gaia's clothes turning up after the area had been searched previously (if that's what happened) is very concerning and points to murder. So sad and such a shame, she seemed a cool girl and obviously very loved. :(

I agree with everything you’ve posted. I agree the police must have some evidence of murder. They wouldn’t arrest 3 people without some evidence. I would love to know exactly what they’ve found so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<snipped for brevity>

Just wait until there hasn't been any more news for a while, the theories will only get wilder!

Hopefully we'll get a speedy resolution before that happens. Remember Occam's Razor - the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is.

Looking at Gaia's actions from a different angle -

In one IG post she is very upset and paranoid and her sister advises her to run and hide somewhere where she feels safe. Now what she actually did was, she ran from her aunt and her doctor's appointment to RD's house. It was described like she ran off suddenly, unexpectedly, although she was supposed to go to the doctor with her aunt. Could it be that she was scared of her aunt or someone else in the house, or perhaps of the doctor? It looks to me as if RD's house was her 'safe place', she trusted her. She ran all the way, it was so urgent for her to see either RD, NE or PE. She pounded on the door asking for help.

It does not look to me that RD or her family members were the ones she felt scared of and felt the need to hide from. It must be someone outside the E family. And if that is true what motive would anyone in the E family have to kill her?

Looking at Gaia's actions from a different angle -

In one IG post she is very upset and paranoid and her sister advises her to run and hide somewhere where she feels safe. Now what she actually did was, she ran from her aunt and her doctor's appointment to RD's house. It was described like she ran off suddenly, unexpectedly, although she was supposed to go to the doctor with her aunt. Could it be that she was scared of her aunt or someone else in the house, or perhaps of the doctor? It looks to me as if RD's house was her 'safe place', she trusted her. She ran all the way, it was so urgent for her to see either RD, NE or PE. She pounded on the door asking for help.

It does not look to me that RD or her family members were the ones she felt scared of and felt the need to hide from. It must be someone outside the E family. And if that is true what motive would anyone in the E family have to kill her?

Not sure if we are able to see when those comments were made tho- there is no time stamp on them- they might not have been there when she ran if you get me?

I remember the father saying something on Facebook upset her. Find out what the straw was that broke the camels back- you know more. And remember we are not privy to that information...

Does anyone have in the back of their mind that things happened as RD said and the poor girl just kept running from it all and had a meltdown- found herself in the field and stripped as per previous behaviour and for whatever reason the clothes were missed. And ran somewhere in the wilderness and collapsed in exhaustion or had a seizure and had no phone for help? And the police were just being cautious because I doubt in that part of the world they would have much experience with brutal murders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744