Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the clothes were left by her on the day she vanished and missed in the search then the hypothermia theory may be correct.

I have been reviewing dashcam footage from my car on that day as I remembered I was out shopping in Poole around that time and we came back down the high street about 20 minutes before she was seen running up Manor Road. There is no sign of her, which is to be expected as she got out of the car in Kings Road but I noticed that it was raining that afternoon around 4pm so if she ran up Priests Way in the rain without a jacket she could have been suffering from hypothermia by the time she got to the top of the cliffs.

The area was searched multiple times by police, coastguards and volunteers in the days after Gaia disappeared but on each occasion nothing was found.
Police and coastguards first searched the clifftop between Anvil Point and Dancing Ledge near Swanage, Dorset, the day after Gaia went missing.
And according to a spreadsheet of search locations on the Find Gaia Facebook page, the area of Priest's Way - next to the field where the clothing was found - was scoured by volunteers on November 9.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5095395/Man-arrested-Gaia-Pope-murder-goes-hiding.html

RD's glasses - they may be identical frames but different glasses. Most places do 2 pairs deals and usually get regular lenses in one and sunglasses lenses in the other and as the selection is often poor, I'll have the same frames for both.

If the clothes were on her still for even a short while after death, the police dogs should be able to detect that.

Hi all.

First post here after following this thread and I've read very little discussion of an alternative to foul play.

Am I the only one looking at the evidence from the perspective of a troubled teenager who perhaps planned to disappear ? Maybe spur of the moment, perhaps hastily planned, maybe only for a few days and not expecting the ensuing panic and media and public reaction.

Clearly something extremely stressful happened prior to her disappearance. It's not outside the wherewithal of a young adult to have more than one mobile phone, a stash of epilepsy medication and living between two homes and with local friends it would be easy to pack and take a bag that no one would miss.

There are things about this case that just don't add up and feel almost staged to me. The last Instagram post, the "episode" at RD's, vanishing into thin air and now the planted clothes at the cliff top.

It appears to me that something blew up, allegations were made, perhaps openly on social media, possibly involving the E family which may have involved the police prior to her disappearance and she's done a flit while being taken to the doctors by her family, perhaps against her own wishes. She could have easily changed her clothes, picked up a bag and left what she was wearing at a friends house locally, who then dumped them in a panic.

I think it's well worth consideration that she could be being sheltered by friends.

I think it's well worth consideration that she could be being sheltered by friends.
If she is with friends then the longer this goes on the harder it will be for GP or her friends to come forwards as they would be charged with perverting the course of justice or at least wasting police time.

There are a lot of things in this case that do not add up and if she wanted to hide there are plenty of places in town she could stay without being found. Most of the holiday homes are empty and finding one would only involve a quick search on the local tourism websites to find one that doesn't take bookings in the winter.

RD's glasses - they may be identical frames but different glasses. Most places do 2 pairs deals and usually get regular lenses in one and sunglasses lenses in the other and as the selection is often poor, I'll have the same frames for both.

Good point. Prescription sunglasses. As opposed to light-reactive lenses.

Hi all.

First post here after following this thread and I've read very little discussion of an alternative to foul play.

Am I the only one looking at the evidence from the perspective of a troubled teenager who perhaps planned to disappear ? Maybe spur of the moment, perhaps hastily planned, maybe only for a few days and not expecting the ensuing panic and media and public reaction.

Clearly something extremely stressful happened prior to her disappearance. It's not outside the wherewithal of a young adult to have more than one mobile phone, a stash of epilepsy medication and living between two homes and with local friends it would be easy to pack and take a bag that no one would miss.

There are things about this case that just don't add up and feel almost staged to me. The last Instagram post, the "episode" at RD's, vanishing into thin air and now the planted clothes at the cliff top.

It appears to me that something blew up, allegations were made, perhaps openly on social media, possibly involving the E family which may have involved the police prior to her disappearance and she's done a flit while being taken to the doctors by her family, perhaps against her own wishes. She could have easily changed her clothes, picked up a bag and left what she was wearing at a friends house locally, who then dumped them in a panic.

I've seen several mentions of similar thought process in my skim reading of this case on here. At the moment I'm open to both scenarios (foul play vs. self organised disappearance)

I don't see a timeline thread for this case. Has anyone done a detailed timeline? Is it known who and where she was in the hours before the ~14:30 petrol station CCTV?

Sorry if i missed this.

ETA: Apparently the petrol station CCTV was 14:55 PM. I'd love to know who was driving her around/dropped her off and what she was doing the rest of that day.

Hi all.

Welcome small axe

True but seeing how close she was to her sister i personally doubt that. She could hide in london if she really wanted to get away as she has family here but to do this and for friends to keep quiet...? possible but im not convinced. Police actions i think also confirm that its more than just a young woman running away possibly to get some breathing space. I dont know many that have two phones that a sister or best mate wouldnt know about. I am secretly hoping you are right though, for Gaias sake and safe return.

I don't see a timeline thread for this case. Has anyone done a detailed timeline? Is it known who and where she was in the hours before the ~14:30 petrol station CCTV?

Sorry if i missed this.

ETA: Apparently the petrol station CCTV was 14:55 PM. I'd love to know who was driving her around/dropped her off and what she was doing the rest of that day.

Information is scant. We have the 2:55 pm at the petrol station and 3:40pm ish footage of her running along the road.

Nothing about what time she was reported missing, where she left her phone (for sure), who dropped her at her aunts, who knew she left there and/or her demeanour, if she said anything to anyone about where she was going and for how long...

Sorry if i missed this.

I'd like to know who was driving her around/dropped her off too. I was wondering about that but assumed I'd overlooked it somewhere.

If she is with friends then the longer this goes on the harder it will be for GP or her friends to come forwards as they would be charged with perverting the course of justice or at least wasting police time.

While I totally see your point, it could also work the opposite way - at anytime Gaia could pop up, name no names and claim she’s been lost/confused/disorientated/can’t remember/scared/hiding. It would mainly be met with relief & understanding. Yes questions would be asked, but she wouldn’t have to answer them or implicate anyone

[video=twitter;931899394516975616]https://twitter.com/TheMagus6/status/931899394516975616[/video]

While I totally see your point, it could also work the opposite way - at anytime Gaia could pop up, name no names and claim she’s been lost/confused/disorientated/can’t remember/scared/hiding. It would mainly be met with relief & understanding. Yes questions would be asked, but she wouldn’t have to answer them or implicate anyone
If she was running to hide from someone then she may not want to resurface. Especially with all of the media attention this is getting at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1