Found Deceased UK - Gaynor Lord was last seen in Norwich city centre on London Street heading towards Norwich Cathedral, 2:35 pm, 8 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rather than a deliberate attempt at self harm, I wonder if she was experiencing a manic episode?

That could explain looking so euphoric leaving work... and possibly the religious connection.

It also would explain taking all the clothes and jewellery off, if you wanted to go swimming (in a logical mind) you WOULD take everything off. So may have still done it whilst not thinking logically.
Yes, these are my thoughts too. She may have been having some kind of manic episode and decided to go for a wild swim and removed her clothing and jewellery for this purpose. Then possibly got into trouble in the water.

Sure, it's possible. But why not tell work you have an appointment?

And why not return from that appointment? But go missing?

<modnip - derailing info>
Possibly as a churchgoer, she would not lie about the reason to her employer, not wanting to reveal the reason.
<modsnip - quoted post was snipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry for all the replies!! This is so close to home for me, based on the timeline she would have walked right past my work possibly just after I left (st Augustine’s st) I left about 3:15. Our cctv only covers the front porch area, doesn’t point outwards.
Do you know if Wensum Park is lit up of a night? Also, do they close the gates to the park at a certain time or can you access it at all times?

OT, but I always think of Thomas Gooding's epitaph, which is on one of the walls in Norwich Cathedral, beneath a carving of a skeleton. It used to terrify me.

All you that do this place pass bye
Remember death for you will dye.
As you are now even so was I
And as I am so shall you be.
Thomas Gooding here do staye

Wayting for God's judgement day.

- Why would someone leave work early?

- Why would someone leave via a loading bay rather than a proper entrance & exit?

- Why would someone go to a cathedral in the middle of the day when they should be at work?

- Why would someone remove their two rings, clothes and coat?
- Christmas shopping, very common to leave early and get last minute bits done this time of year. Or meeting friends for Christmas drinks, which is also common in December. Other reasons could be appointments, picking up kids, meeting family. The list is extensive as to why she might ask to leave early.

- Because Jarrolds employees are asked to leave via the back doors and not through the store among the customers. This is common in most retail companies/restaurants where feasible to do so (I also worked briefly at Jarrolds).

- Because she took off work early to meet a friend, pray, have some time to look around. I do it now and again, especially if there are events on that start at a certain time. Again, perfectly normal.

- This is the only part of this that is in any way unusual. The rest is totally, 100% normal.

I also want to add that some of the most depressed people I know are extremely good at masking. NCFC, the city's football club, actually released a video Mental Health campaign a month or so ago around checking in on people, because you never know who might be struggling. I recommend watching it. Depression and suicidal tendencies are actually rarely obvious to those close, even when ALL the red flags are there. MOO.

I am sorry for all the replies!! This is so close to home for me, based on the timeline she would have walked right past my work possibly just after I left (st Augustine’s st) I left about 3:15. Our cctv only covers the front porch area, doesn’t point outwards.
Same for me. These are all places I know well and I've bought from Bullards recently too! Very close to home, and feels very unsettling.

Timeline of Gaynor’s movements before going missing on Friday, December 8

2.44pm – Gaynor is working at the Bullards Gin counter in the basement at Jarrold department store – her clothing is clearly visible

2.45-2.46pm – She leaves the store via the loading bay on Bedford Street

If you look at the full photograph of her in Jarrolds (Daily Mail link in post above), there is another person (possible a customer) visible in the bottom left hand of the frame. Her 'smile' may have been out of politeness/professionalism to this person, rather than her being particularly happy at this moment in time.

Norwich Evening News live Updates

They are reporting that Gaynor walked her dog through Wensum Park frequently.

EDIT: Misleading initially, when you read through the article that is linked to that update it's a report from a fellow Thorpe tennis club member, who claims she would have known Wensum Park as she walked her dog "around the River in Riverside". Riverside is an area in the middle of the city though. He then states she knew "all these areas by the river", but there is SO much river through Norwich it makes his statement vague, at best.

It also says in the article that Gaynor lives in King Street, which is again in the city center. The top of Upper King St is about 5 mins south of the cathedral so she walked a fair distance away from home in the opposite direction to get to Wensum Park, if the article is correct.

All MOO.

Last edited:
Re: people asking why she wouldn't have a car hit her if intent on self-harm -- she might have considered the horrible impact that would have on the life of the driver. Choosing the river, as someone else mentioned, might seem soothing, plus perhaps be seen as a way to not harm others. Moo.

First time posting so I hope I’m doing it right, and no malice intended, I think either:

A) She’s faking her own death is my first thought. Wanting to make it appear as though she went to church before disappearing to pray for forgiveness, leaving plenty of clues; clothes and rings by the river to be ‘identified’. Coat left in the water etc. You don’t hear of these types of things often with people just disappearing near water with stuff left and it’s so close in time to the Nicola Bulley case, you wonder if it’s sparked an idea.

B) All of the above but she has sadly taken her own life and been in sudden distress to do it and it’s all been a bit rushed as it was unplanned.

C) Something’s gone wrong or she’s had bad news, met someone at the cathedral (or again, gone to pray) and then decided to either take her life or run away.

D) An accident, with a mixture of the things above.

But to be honest, the husband not wanting to comment is incredibly off and I think the biggest indicator all isn’t as it seems…
The taking off of clothes and going into water is redolent of how both the fictional character Reginald Perrin and the real politician John Stonehouse faked their own deaths. Interestingly, GL's coat was found in the river even though her shirt and top were found in the park. Why not leave a note? The apparent haste with which she was going to the area of the cathedral chips away at Scenario A a bit.

My feeling is that if there was a meeting at the cathedral then whoever arranged it knows a bit about counter-surveillance.

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

If they were smart rings that she was wearing (or at least one of the rings was)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: people asking why she wouldn't have a car hit her if intent on self-harm -- she might have considered the horrible impact that would have on the life of the driver. Choosing the river, as someone else mentioned, might seem soothing, plus perhaps be seen as a way to not harm others. Moo.
It would be more private, but drowning is a horrible way to die and not peaceful.

But to be honest, the husband not wanting to comment is incredibly off and I think the biggest indicator all isn’t as it seems…

Agreed that Clive Lord's silence is not what would be expected if he knows as little as the rest of us who are getting our info from the media. (I am putting this carefully and do not wish to suggest that he has been involved in foul play or that he arranged a meeting.)

The husband is honestly damned whatever he does. If we look back at the sad case of Nicola Bulley, when her husband spoke to the media we had loads of people saying "how could he get in front of press at a time like this. Id be too upset."

Then when partners don't give interviews, they get the same suspicion but in reverse.

I honestly can't see what good her partner speaking to the press would do. Unless they think she's ran away and his appeal could help bring her back, I honestly believe staying away from the media vultures is the best choice.

All MOO of course.

The running (seen on the CCTV) strikes me as her being late for something, but it's also erratic if you watch the way in which she actually crosses the road, almost being hit by cars. It has a sort of panicky feel about it. MOO.

Gaynor Lord's family slam internet ghouls speculating on disappearance​

Outlandish theories on social media such as TikTok include a serial killer on the loose who murdered Nicola Bulley earlier this year before striking in Norwich, police 'covering up' the truth, and a rapist attacking the mother-of-three.

A family member of Ms Lord's, who asked not to be named, told the Mail yesterday: 'There's been lots of things being said, like ''Has she run away with anybody?'' and things like that.
'It's not very helpful. It's hard enough as it is.'

No, the Police have kept the finer details quiet.

Edited to add Guardian news item posted yesterday evening and a reminder it mentions her coat having been found in the river. Gaynor Lord search: police release footage of last sightings in Norwich
Your source above:
The police force said on Wednesday it was “linking in” with detectives who worked on the Nicola Bulley case.

Hornigold told LBC: “We will absolutely – and have done – be linking in with Lancashire constabulary to understand any of the lessons learned from that inquiry.

“We’ve already had meetings with the National Crime Agency in terms of understanding any specific skills and knowledge in respect to water searching.”

He added: “We’re cognisant of the recent College of Policing report into the Lancashire inquiry, so we’re leaving no stone unturned and making sure we’re doing everything within our power to find Gaynor as quickly as possible.”
-.-.-
Just as mysterious. You can't believe it. :oops::eek:o_O

The running (seen on the CCTV) strikes me as her being late for something, but it's also erratic if you watch the way in which she actually crosses the road, almost being hit by cars. It has a sort of panicky feel about it. MOO.
She also appears to be clutching her mobile phone in her hand, possibly an indication that she might have been expecting a call/message or thought she might need it to hand to refer to something.

The stepbrother of missing mother-of-three Gaynor Lord has said her disappearance is "proper out-of-character".

Mrs Lord, 55, vanished at 2.45pm on Friday - but her clothes, rings and mobile phone were found that evening in Norwich’s Wensum Park.

Her step-brother Allan Weston today made a desperate appeal for information.

He said: "We just hope she comes back safe.

“If anyone does know anything please come forward.

“It's been a few days now since she went missing so we are very worried. This is proper out of character.

“She has never gone missing or anything like that before."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back