GUILTY UK - Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, car crash A46 Leicester 11 Feb 2022 *Murder Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The new driving charges seem strange being added at this time, does this indicate they don't think they will get a conviction for either of the M charges?

Googling the new charges and found this

It seems several of the aggravating factors could be applied if convicted of this offence, which can substantially increase the custody [BM's Bold Italics]:

3. Consider relevant aggravating factors, both general and those specific to the type of the offence​

This may result in a sentence level being identified that is higher than the suggested starting point, sometimes substantially so.

Additional aggravating factors​

• Previous convictions for motoring offences, particularly offences that involve bad driving or the consumption of excessive alcohol or drugs before driving
  • More than one person killed as a result of the offence
  • Serious injury to one or more victims, in addition to the death(s)
  • Disregard of warnings
  • Other offences committed at the same time, such as driving other than in accordance with the terms of a valid licence; driving while disqualified; driving without insurance; taking a vehicle without consent; driving a stolen vehicle
  • The offender’s irresponsible behaviour such as failing to stop, falsely claiming that one of the victims was responsible for the collision, or trying to throw the victim off the car by swerving in order to escape
  • Driving off in an attempt to avoid detection or apprehension

Last edited:
The new driving charges seem strange being added at this time, does this indicate they don't think they will get a conviction for either of the M charges?

Googling the new charges and found this

It seems several of the aggravating factors could be applied if convicted of this offence, which can substantially increase the custody [BM's Bold Italics]:

3. Consider relevant aggravating factors, both general and those specific to the type of the offence​

This may result in a sentence level being identified that is higher than the suggested starting point, sometimes substantially so.

Additional aggravating factors​

• Previous convictions for motoring offences, particularly offences that involve bad driving or the consumption of excessive alcohol or drugs before driving
  • More than one person killed as a result of the offence
  • Serious injury to one or more victims, in addition to the death(s)
  • Disregard of warnings
  • Other offences committed at the same time, such as driving other than in accordance with the terms of a valid licence; driving while disqualified; driving without insurance; taking a vehicle without consent; driving a stolen vehicle
  • The offender’s irresponsible behaviour such as failing to stop, falsely claiming that one of the victims was responsible for the collision, or trying to throw the victim off the car by swerving in order to escape
  • Driving off in an attempt to avoid detection or apprehension
I was disappointed they added it. Kind of implicates they don’t think the case is strong enough to secure murder convictions to me.

I keep forgetting about the 999 call. This is key! I think this call will get get Raees the murder charge. it proves intent to cause GBH. The prosecutor said the below in his closing:

He said that if it wasn't for the call, there would be little evidence the fatal crash was nothing more than an accident. He said: "If what Saqib Hussain said was true, it reveals a deliberate and sustained course of action of trying to ram that Skoda off the road, leading Saqib to believe he would be killed."

The jury was played the 999 call from Saqib Hussain again.

I was disappointed they added it. Kind of implicates they don’t think the case is strong enough to secure murder convictions to me.
They've already got manslaughter as a lesser charge option if they can't prove murder. They've now added DBDD as an alternative if they can't prove manslaughter.

I'm not really sure what difference it makes as I'm not formally educated in law and if you ask google a simple question about criminal law you very rarely get a simple answer!

I keep forgetting about the 999 call. This is key! I think this call will get get Raees the murder charge. it proves intent to cause GBH. The prosecutor said the below in his closing:

He said that if it wasn't for the call, there would be little evidence the fatal crash was nothing more than an accident. He said: "If what Saqib Hussain said was true, it reveals a deliberate and sustained course of action of trying to ram that Skoda off the road, leading Saqib to believe he would be killed."

The jury was played the 999 call from Saqib Hussain again.
Same here I keep forgetting that key piece of evidence that will hold a lot of weight when the jurors are deliberating.

With out it we may have had a story that the whole thing was just a race to settle the score and the wheel brace was just for a quick pit stop if needed!

Jokes aside Im thankful this case is now wrapping up and hopefully the main players get a stiff sentence.

JMO

Mr Thompson said Mahek Bukhari was the "driving force" behind what happened, going to Rekan Karwan to help get the situation resolved, he said. Her messages to her mother discuss gettting Saqib "jumped" by "guys" and also mentions recruiting others to "scare" him.

This is also incriminating IMO, as it gives a sinister motive to the events. I wonder why the blokes would have agreed to help her, if guilty. Could it be because she was pretty and saving the day made them feel macho? Or could she even have offered them money? JMO, if guilty.

Mr Thompson said Mahek Bukhari was the "driving force" behind what happened, going to Rekan Karwan to help get the situation resolved, he said. Her messages to her mother discuss gettting Saqib "jumped" by "guys" and also mentions recruiting others to "scare" him.

This is also incriminating IMO, as it gives a sinister motive to the events. I wonder why the blokes would have agreed to help her, if guilty. Could it be because she was pretty and saving the day made them feel macho? Or could she even have offered them money? JMO, if guilty.
Also, referring back to the judge’s comments about GBH - I imagine “jumping” could have resulted in serious injury.

Thompson has now got to the part about Mahek and Ansreen's dishonest actions (which could take a while!), and it really is staggering. They lied to everyone, the police, their own family, their own legal representatives, each other, their co-defendants and most damning of all, to the first jury while under oath.
It's got me wondering how dishonest they may have been about other things previous to this affair and whether Mahek's lying is learned behaviour from her mother?

I get the feeling Mahek was the boss in the relationship with her mother. Her mother seemed to tag along, although she then had multiple affairs and lied to her husband so god knows! I really feel for the brother.

anyone else frustrated by the lack of updates from the Leicester Mercury page today? It's driving me mad!

Yes, I keep refreshing but it seems to be so slow!
Updates flying in this morning as the prosecution has summed up and Mo's evidence is more damaging from what we heard this morning. I never knew he did sketches regarding the crash that lined up afterwards with the official crash report.

Onto the defence and im sure they are going to be like a pack of rabid dogs ready to tear Mo apart.

JMO

Updates flying in this morning as the prosecution has summed up and Mo's evidence is more damaging from what we heard this morning. I never knew he did sketches regarding the crash that lined up afterwards with the official crash report.

Onto the defence and im sure they are going to be like a pack of rabid dogs ready to tear Mo apart.

JMO
It was a bit bizarre watching the prosecution try to say how reliable and accurate the evidence of one of the defendants they are prosecuting is.

Erm... what is this guy doing?! Wuh-uh-oh!

The affair

Mr Upward quoted Shania Twain's song Man, I Feel Like a Woman. He said it reflects modern young women. He said: "What of the woman who missed all of that. No men's shirts or short skirts for her. No going wild or crazy. Her life allowed none of the sort of freedoms young women she enjoyed today.

"She was married to a man she loved and was happy. All that changed when she and her husband made that decision for her to accompany their daughter. It must have been a revelation and she found herself mixing with people, many of them half her age."

Erm... what is this guy doing?! Wuh-uh-oh!

The affair

Mr Upward quoted Shania Twain's song Man, I Feel Like a Woman. He said it reflects modern young women. He said: "What of the woman who missed all of that. No men's shirts or short skirts for her. No going wild or crazy. Her life allowed none of the sort of freedoms young women she enjoyed today.

"She was married to a man she loved and was happy. All that changed when she and her husband made that decision for her to accompany their daughter. It must have been a revelation and she found herself mixing with people, many of them half her age."
Now onto the Fentanyl.. Oh Dear

'Wham, bam, without the thank you ma'am'​

Mr Upward said Saqib "sought her heart only to break it" and that it was an "exercise in control". He brought up the fact that after the first time they had sex at a hotel in Birmingham, Saqib's response afterwards was to persuade Ansreen to drive him all the way home to Banbury - the opposite direction to her journey home to Stoke.

Mr Upward described it as a case of "Wham, bam, without the thank you ma'am". After that, he said, Ansreen was addicted. He said: "For her, the affects were like swallowing the first Fentanyl tablet."

He added: "Ansreen is not asking you to approve of what she did but for you to use your worldly experience. Her weakness was to give in to indicement - she had been led into a trap and was now in the grip of a predator."

Now onto the Fentanyl.. Oh Dear

'Wham, bam, without the thank you ma'am'​

Mr Upward said Saqib "sought her heart only to break it" and that it was an "exercise in control". He brought up the fact that after the first time they had sex at a hotel in Birmingham, Saqib's response afterwards was to persuade Ansreen to drive him all the way home to Banbury - the opposite direction to her journey home to Stoke.

Mr Upward described it as a case of "Wham, bam, without the thank you ma'am". After that, he said, Ansreen was addicted. He said: "For her, the affects were like swallowing the first Fentanyl tablet."

He added: "Ansreen is not asking you to approve of what she did but for you to use your worldly experience. Her weakness was to give in to indicement - she had been led into a trap and was now in the grip of a predator."
I can only imagine how this is being interpreted in the courtroom but from where I'm sat it does not appear to be a particularly tasteful tone to take while defending an accused murderer in court!

"Mr Upward said the motive for going to Leicester was Ansreen and Mahek "trying to avert a disaster"."
Yeah, how did that work out Mr Upward? This guy talks more $h!t than his client does!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1
Back