GUILTY UK - Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, car crash A46 Leicester 11 Feb 2022 *Murder Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another day with no verdict and no updates at all. This is even more frustrating that the Letby verdict watch!
I really did not see this being a deliberation taking a whole week, maybe more.

TheLawPages shows it was adjourned this morning then Legal Submissions at 13:01, maybe the judge has instructed they can now have a majority verdict? (10vs2)

TheLawPages shows it was adjourned this morning then Legal Submissions at 13:01, maybe the judge has instructed they can now have a majority verdict? (10vs2)
In the absence of any updates from the mercury I've been frantically refreshing thelawpages for this and the other trial (one where it looks like there are 3 romanian men on trial) which appears to be taking place in the same courtroom simultaneously to the deliberations for Bukhari. Sometimes that causes a few crossed wires on TLP.
At one point it said the Bukhari trial was adjourned until 14:00 and the romanian trial was adjourned until 14:10 and I was wondering if that 10 minute period would be the moment the verdict was announced!

Sadly, not to be. The wait goes on!

I would be suprised if the courts / TLP wasn't able to correctly enter a few numbers each day to log the proceedings, so presuming TLP is correct, thought I would look at the week. Here's a summary followed by the data from TLP.

Max time available
Morning (10am-1pm): 900mins per week
Afternoon (2pm-4:30pm): 750mins per week
Total: 1650mins or 27.5hrs per week

Actual time deliberating
Morning: 186mins or 20.6% of available time
Afternoon: 701mins or 93.4% of available time (assuming 2.5hrs this afternoon)
Total: 887mins or 14.7hrs (53.7% of available time)

I have no idea how this compares to other trials but to me shows that for some reason they are only really deliberating in the afternoons. My guess is the legal submission yesterday was to see if they could address this (possibly a jury member not turning up for some reason in the mornings?)

Here's the data from https://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/crown-court-daily/34/lists/2023-08-04 and the above assumes they will reconvene this afternoon for 2.5hrs TBC.

Mon 31st
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:02
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 13:04
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:15 - 13:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 16:30 - 14:16
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 16:44
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:50
Morning: 186mins / Afternoon: 6mins

Tues 1st
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 13:55 - 13:03
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 13:56
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:43
Morning: 0 / Afternoon: 167mins

Wed 2nd
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 12:55
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:22
Morning: 0 / Afternoon: 213mins

Thur 3rd
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 13:00 - 10:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 13:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 13:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:45
Morning: 0 / Afternoon: 165mins (plus 7mins legal submissions)

Fri 4th
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 13:00 - 10:04
Morning: 0 / Afternoon:

I would be suprised if the courts / TLP wasn't able to correctly enter a few numbers each day to log the proceedings, so presuming TLP is correct, thought I would look at the week. Here's a summary followed by the data from TLP.

Max time available
Morning (10am-1pm): 900mins per week
Afternoon (2pm-4:30pm): 750mins per week
Total: 1650mins or 27.5hrs per week

Actual time deliberating
Morning: 186mins or 20.6% of available time
Afternoon: 701mins or 93.4% of available time (assuming 2.5hrs this afternoon)
Total: 887mins or 14.7hrs (53.7% of available time)

I have no idea how this compares to other trials but to me shows that for some reason they are only really deliberating in the afternoons. My guess is the legal submission yesterday was to see if they could address this (possibly a jury member not turning up for some reason in the mornings?)

Here's the data from https://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/crown-court-daily/34/lists/2023-08-04 and the above assumes they will reconvene this afternoon for 2.5hrs TBC.

Mon 31st
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:02
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 13:04
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:15 - 13:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 16:30 - 14:16
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 16:44
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:50
Morning: 186mins / Afternoon: 6mins

Tues 1st
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 13:55 - 13:03
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 13:56
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:43
Morning: 0 / Afternoon: 167mins

Wed 2nd
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 12:55
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:22
Morning: 0 / Afternoon: 213mins

Thur 3rd
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 13:00 - 10:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 13:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 13:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:45
Morning: 0 / Afternoon: 165mins (plus 7mins legal submissions)

Fri 4th
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 13:00 - 10:04
Morning: 0 / Afternoon:
yes they arrive in court at 10am to be sent off to the deliberation room. Then the romanian trial (which is still hearing evidence) sits until about 1pm then it looks like the jury return to the courtroom for an update before/after lunch, then go back out and the romanian trial has its' afternoon session and once that's done the jury return to the courtroom to be sent home for the day.
I expect that pattern will continue until we get a verdict?

yes they arrive in court at 10am to be sent off to the deliberation room.
TLP only shows that happened on Monday. The rest of the week it shows no activity in the mornings. This maybe incorrect and each day they forgot to enter the "resume" at 10am but surely the courts aren't that bad, to miss it everyday for a week or able to seperate a handful of trials?

(if their admin is that bad, I would be shocked)

TLP only shows that happened on Monday. The rest of the week it shows no activity in the mornings. This maybe incorrect and each day they forgot to enter the "resume" at 10am but surely the courts aren't that bad, to miss it everyday for a week or able to seperate a handful of trials?

(if their admin is that bad, I would be shocked)
In my experience the updates from TLP are very unreliable! For example, Craig Crouch and Gemma Barton are being sentenced right now at Derby Crown court, I know this because there is currently a live update feed on the Derby Telegraph's website and there might even broadcast the judge's sentencing remarks later on.

But TLP is showing absolutely nothing listed for this case in this court!

A social media influencer and her mother have been found guilty of murdering two men who died when their car was rammed off the road.

Saqib Hussain and Hashim Ijazuddin, both 21, from Oxfordshire, died on the A46 near Leicester in February 2022.
It followed a dispute over an affair between Mr Hussain and Ansreen Bukhari.
Mrs Bukhari, 46, her influencer daughter Mahek Bukhari, 24, and two others were convicted of murder by a jury at Leicester Crown Court.
Four other people were cleared of murder, of which three were convicted of manslaughter.
Co-accused Mohammed Patel was found not guilty of murder or manslaughter.

"The verdicts were met with shock in the public gallery, while Judge Timothy Spencer thanked the jury for its hard work on the case. He warned the Bukharis, Jamal and Karwan to expert “severe sentences” when they reappear before Leicester Crown Court for the murders of the two men"

So much more to say but im glad that Mo walked and the judge sounds like he will be coming down hard on all of the guilty. Rightfully so as all of them came across as heartless and callous.

I hope they live blog the sentencing.

JMO

has bodycam footage and more of Mahek's police interview
The fluency of her lying story is staggering!

And what a model driver she is - only doing 50 mph, keeping to that stopping distance of 3 seconds, doing what her mum said about staying out of it…

So glad the jury saw through it all.

Great news! I bet a lot of the deliberations were about the lesser 4; I think there was probably a bit more evidence to Patel's involvement than the other three, but I'm glad he was found not guilty as his honesty brought the whole case together, I'd have wanted to give exactly the verdicts the jury have done. Hope the judge is severe towards the main 4 and perhaps more lenient towards the other three, who I think were more naive than malicious.

I'm happy Mohammed Patel was cleared. I was worried he might be attacked in jail for being a grass if he was convicted although he was the only one who did the right thing and told the truth.

I reckon the other minor characters might have got off if they hadn't told such obvious lies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back