GUILTY UK - Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, car crash A46 Leicester 11 Feb 2022 *Murder Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thinking about the verdict being announced has got me to thinking what, if any exhibits from the trial will be released to the media after the verdict/sentencing? (Assuming at least some of them are found guilty, of course!)
At the very least we'll get custody photos of the guilty defendants and more details about the first trial's collapse. But might we also get:
- (parts of Saqib's) 999 call
- bodycam of Mahek/Ansreen's arrest
- footage from Mahek's police interview
- CCTV from:
Tesco car park meeting, A46 pursuit, changing drivers before heading back down the a46, Sutton place walkabout
- photos of the damage on the Seat
- photos of the wheel brace/balaclavas recovered

Great predictions Bobby! They haven't released the 999 call that I've seen or the wheel brace/ balaclavas so far, but everything else has been released! Tesco park meeting and some of the pursuit, as well as the Seat damage are in the article below.

Great predictions Bobby! They haven't released the 999 call that I've seen or the wheel brace/ balaclavas so far, but everything else has been released! Tesco park meeting and some of the pursuit, as well as the Seat damage are in the article below.

I just read the excellent police report article that someone shared upthread and it says in there they are not releasing the 999 call at the families’ request.

I'm also yet to see more detail about why the first trial collapsed. Maybe that will be revealed during/after sentencing.

What do we think the sentences will be?
I don’t know what sort of a sentence the judge will pass for the defendants convicted of manslaughter? Under 10 years I assume and they will only serve half of their sentence which is a shame.
For mahek and ansreen I think around 24-26 and for the other 2 maybe 23-24
But the last few cases I’ve followed (cashman and Connor chapman) they have received hefty sentences so I do hope it’s much longer than what I predicted!

I don’t know what sort of a sentence the judge will pass for the defendants convicted of manslaughter? Under 10 years I assume and they will only serve half of their sentence which is a shame.
But the last few cases I’ve followed (cashman and Connor chapman) they have received hefty sentences so I do hope it’s much longer than what I predicted!
I really haven't given much thought to sentencing as I'm just trying to take in all of the aftermath and look at all of the exhibits released by Leicestershire Police!
For manslaughter i think it's two thirds rather than half the sentence before they're eligible for parole.
I would have initially thought Raees and Rekan would be getting the longer sentences as they were the drivers, particularly Raees as he is the driver who has been adjudged to have physically rammed them off the road.
But then again, I remember in the Michael Anton O'Connor murder (another murder case with a large number of defendants) there were several defendants who weren't physically involved in the actual altercation which resulted in the victim's death, but were significantly involved in co-ordinating the events which culminated in the murder. Some of them got 30+ years for a Bukhari-like role. Though all of them were established criminals and not people of "previous good character" like Mahek and Ansy.

Yeah you could be right actually, the drivers may receive the longest sentences. For some reason I thought mahek and ansreen as they are the ones who organised it but I really don’t know how the judge will determine who gets what. I am very curious to see what he decides. Late 20s would be a good outcome for me.

I'm not so sure that Ansreen was all that involved in the organising; it seemed to be rather more Mahek and the two drivers coordinating, roping in friends etc, so on that front, I wonder if Ansreen would get a slightly lower sentence. It was all on her behalf though, and a word from her could've stopped it, so perhaps not! The sentencing remarks from the judge will be an interesting read.

I would also guess that when the time comes sentencing will take more than one day. I imagine they'd sentence the murder convicts in one hearing then the manslaughter convicts in another. Getting impact statements, mitigation and for the judge to weigh up everything and sentence all 7 defendants in one day wouild probably be quite a stretch.

Apologies. Any excuse I'll share GangsterTimes videos. Keep it locked, keep it real!

It's interesting as to whether the sentences will differ. I'm googling to see if there are any precedents.

For the murder convictions, the starting point will either be 15, 25 years or 30 years. You can start with 30 years if there is more than 1 victim as I posted above, but I'm not sure if this will be sufficient justification. The 25 years is if a weapon or a knife is taken and used. It was said they took weapons, though they actually used the cars as weapons. Otherwise the starting point is 15 years. Regardless, there are so many aggravating factors - substantial planning and premeditation ( 8 people gathered together with face masks and weapons and an ambush planned), the victims were in fear for their lives, co-ordinating the attack between the 2 cars, not calling for help even when they drove past the burning car, planning a cover up story, switching off the phones in the car, the men getting rid of their phones, ansreen deleting all the messages with saqib, mahek pretending she didn't know her phone pin, telling a pack of lies to the police and in court, absolutely no remorse shown, no consideration for Hashim who was completely innocent and so on. Also, was it rekan who was already banned from driving? The only possible mitigation I can think of is if the others don't already have a criminal record.

So I would say if the starting point is 25, they will be looking at around 28-30 years and if the judge starts at 30 then it could be 33-35. However, this is just my opinion!!!

OMG have you seen this? Raees Jamal is a convicted rapist but the jury wasn't told, probably because a different crime to the one he was accused of.

Well now we know why he wasn't given bail like all the other defendants. I guess this means he won't get any credit for time served on remand either if he's already serving a 10 stretch!

So looks like no appeal made by the two drivers, Raees Jamal or Rekan Karwan...

So Rekan also didn't get bail back when the first trial collapsed. I wonder if it was for a similar reason.

I'm also thinking perhaps one of the jurors found out about RJ's conviction and that's why the jurors were discharged. Just a guess on my part.

ETA the comment above is from page 27/28 when we were discussing the collapse of the first trial.

Interesting article by the writer of the live blogs that kept us updated during the trial. I do think he overestimates the group when he says he can't believe they did something so stupid and there must be more to the case than what has come out. But will we ever find out?

So Rekan also didn't get bail back when the first trial collapsed. I wonder if it was for a similar reason.

I'm also thinking perhaps one of the jurors found out about RJ's conviction and that's why the jurors were discharged. Just a guess on my part.

ETA the comment above is from page 27/28 when we were discussing the collapse of the first trial.
Rekan must have got bail at a later date than the non-drivers because he was pictured outside the court multiple times during the trial.

Interesting article by the writer of the live blogs that kept us updated during the trial. I do think he overestimates the group when he says he can't believe they did something so stupid and there must be more to the case than what has come out. But will we ever find out?

We will never find out. The only people who could tell us are either dead or have spent so much time crafting their own nonsense narrative about that evening's events that I'm not even sure they can remember themselves what actually happened.

Transcript of 999 call.

Wow. This doesn’t reflect well on the 999 call operator does it?? “you’re not getting rammed off the road” 2 mins later he’s dead.
His poor parents having to listen to that call:( he must have felt utterly helpless in those last few minuites of his life. I am appalled by the responses of that operator.

Last edited:
Wow. This doesn’t reflect well on the 999 call operator does it?? “you’re not getting rammed off the road” 2 mins later he’s dead.
His poor parents having to listen to that call:( he must have felt utterly helpless in those last few minuites of his life. I am appalled by the responses of that operator.
JMO - I think that might be a little bit harsh. It's a very difficult situation for all involved and a high speed car chase must be a very difficult environment to have a telephone conversation of any kind, let alone one where lives are on the line.

The operator is trying to either direct them to a police station or work out where they are so that they can send help. Saqib and Hashim are not from Leicester so probably not familiar with the area they are in, and are in a situation where it's very difficult to stay calm and provide the information the call handler needs to provide them with the assistance they needed at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd
Back