GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another break in proceedings

There will now be a break of 15 minutes, until 3.25pm

Apologies if the subject has moved on, I'm still catching up.

I do recall at the time this cess pit (under the garage) being referred to as the 'overflow' tank. I have no knowledge of them, but assumed this just took any overflow seepage?

I am not sure how this system worked exactly but I guess the garage is the 2nd tank?

The idea is essentially to separate the solids from the excess water and to allow bio action to take place.

So in our system, the first tank captures the solids and then black water flows on to the 2nd tank

From the 2nd tank, water can overflow out into a pond with special plants.

Finally the pond can overflow into a country creek - but by which time it is pretty clean. (often a soakaway is used at this point)

So perhaps the garage tank is the 2ndary tank where more settling and bio action can take place

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 3m3 minutes ago

#helenbailey Ian Stewart police interview: defendant says he sent Helen text reading "*advertiser censored*" on night she went missing

Interestingly similar to the one 'X' he left on his wife's memorial page on FB.

The only message he left on that page, on her birthday in April of 2016, while Helen was missing.

“I don’t remember any of those drives [on the day Helen allegedly disappeared] and that worries me.

“I haven’t suffered with memory loss before. I’m taking a lot of medication at the moment.

He's getting muddled, so he throws in the memory loss story as insurance.

Obstacle course for a man still suffering from the aftermath of surgery though!

I'm assuming that his mobility post-operation is something that will be discussed at some stage in the proceedings.

I'm hoping so anyway.

I remember reading somewhere that in three years they hadn't spent a day apart (evidence from son/friend?)apart from the potential red flag of ensuring compliance/ manipulation by not allowing space from him surely given that was the norm you would expect IS to be very concerned that Helen had unexpectedly asked for time to herself. Not only does he not show this emotion, he happily shares that he is frustrated at her leaving. Is this also a throwback to an 'honest'answer and how he actually felt towards her generally?

I remember reading somewhere that in three years they hadn't spent a day apart (evidence from son/friend?)apart from the potential red flag of ensuring compliance/ manipulation by not allowing space from him surely given that was the norm you would expect IS to be very concerned that Helen had unexpectedly asked for time to herself. Not only does he not show this emotion, he happily shares that he is frustrated at her leaving. Is this also a throwback to an 'honest'answer and how he actually felt towards her generally?

Thank you so much Stumpyaura....there has been something niggling at the back of my mind and this has just brought it out....

If they only spent one day/night apart in three years then how long was he in hospital for ?

At some point he was in ICU due to complications with his operation -

so if they really only spent one day/night apart that means he had his operation ( laparoscopy ) then spent time in ICU ( could have just been an hour or two, to sort out the complications which might have been minor ) and then back home the next day.
Am remembering also the evidence from Helen's neighbour. Helen told the neighbour that IS was in hospital and at one point he either was or had been in ICU. The neighbour immediately offered to drive Helen to the hospital, but Helen said, no he's fine.

Overall what I'm getting at, is this does not sound like a major operation with a long recovery time. Even though of course, recovery rates are different for each person and he doesnt exactly look very healthy from those old photos.

And we're back

After a short break, the hearing is now continuing. We expect things to wrap up at around 4.30pm

What makes Helen tick?'

Stewart is now being asked to describe Helen as a person, what makes her tick, what does she like doing.

“When she’s into projects, she’s into it and that’s it. In her mind she has it all played out.

“She was feeling good about the wedding. It was the venue mainly, we had a photographer.

“The venue went wrong. The week before April 11, we looked at a venue hall. It was stunning, we thought it was beyond us in terms of money. It was beautiful, you just had to see it to believe it.

“But when we were sat there, we found out that the only date we could get is if someone cancelled.

“We planned to get married on September 23 (2016). We’d been engaged for a while but not everyone knew.

“My mum and dad didn’t know - they knew we were engaged but they only found out we were getting married through interviews for Helen’s book.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/helen-bailey-murder-trial-case-12475974

my comment - I presume he means that his parents did not know exactly when IS and Helen were getting married. Because, surely if they knew that IS and Helen were engaged, then clearly they were planning to get married.

Pre-wedding frustration

Stewart says Helen was frustrated. “The day after we were told the September 23 was available, we found an article in the paper that the venue was going to take some furniture away.

“The venue said they would replace some of it - but the chandeliers, the mirrors and the beds, they were special, you had to see it to believe it.

“The venue was for the wedding and the reception.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/helen-bailey-murder-trial-case-12475974

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 9m9 minutes ago

#helenbailey Ian Stewart police interview heard to tell police wedding plans going well, had recently looked at a venue

#helenbailey Ian Stewart police interview - Stewart heard to tell police wedding date had been set for 23/9/16

Poor big bean in the dock.

I roared with laughter at this.

I'm glad the lies about the note have been exposed. The more than comes out about his behaviour the more convinced I am he did it. The grin he gave to the police is classic dupers delight.

She was too honest'

Stewart is asked to describe Helen’s usual day.

“Her normal day is breakfast, go on Facebook, blogging, taking Boris for a walk, and that’s about it. It’s a fairly relaxed lifestyle at the moment.”

He is asked how Helen copes talking about grief and loss.

“She was OK, her blog Planet Grief was just for her. Then she showed it to a couple of friends, who said it was good.

“It wasn’t meant to be a blog. Then other people started to contribute.

“She knew she didn’t want to do children’s books anymore, and she didn’t want to do this sort of personal book [When Bad Things Happen in Good Bikinis]. “She was too honest, it [the book] was much, much too personal.”

What did Helen worry about?'

Stewart is now asked about Helen’s worries in life.

“That she couldn’t drive. She liked things planned, if my mum and dad just turned up she would get panicky.

“She could talk to anyone at any level. The trouble is everyone ends up thinking they’re her best friend, but these were just people she’s met.”

Stewart is asked to tell police the names of Helen’s close friends. He is asked who out of her friends she would confide in, to which Stewart gives the name of Tracey Stratton.

He is then asked about Helen’s family.

“She was too honest, it [the book] was much, much too personal.”

That's not her words. You wouldn't write a full book, release it, and then think it was too personal. It didn't just fly out of her mouth; it would be months and months of work!

It was too personal for him. Probably too hard for his narcissistic personality to deal with her speaking about her husband with so much love and grief.

Ms Bailey get 'over-anxious' says Stewart

Stewart is asked about any confrontations Helen had in the family and so on.

“The biggest confrontation we’ve had is with the neighbour soon after we moved in.

“Helen has got cross with Oliver a few times, I can’t remember what happened to be honest.

“The next day Oliver apologised though.”

He is asked about Helen’s mental and physical health.

“She is very very anxious” he says, and goes to pick up a self help type book from the living room shelf, before handing this to police.

“The self help book keeps Helen on track. She knows she gets over-anxious over little things.”

[When Bad Things Happen in Good Bikinis].

I hesitate to say this, but am I the only one who thinks this is a weirdly inappropriate title? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice