GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going on about the car again - regarding the supposed trauma when driving on the 11th to get milk - LozDa

Yes, thank you Alyce - and thank you everyone for insightful posts.

IS has certainly further illuminated his character today.

I wonder if IS thought Helen restricted his choices in spending money.
Of course, she would wish to know 'the money is there' - when she is the one responsible for funding everything.
I think this is a very telling part of the interview on many levels.

IS has certainly further illuminated his character today.

I wonder how many times, watching that video today, he wished he could go back and change things that he said.

I hope Michelle was there again today, her insights are so valuable.

So HB's unexplained sleepiness wasn't a worry that IS was aware of. Not really surprising he omitted that.

(And thank you, Alyce)

I wonder if IS thought Helen restricted his choices in spending money.
Of course, she would wish to know 'the money is there' - when she is the one responsible for funding everything.
I think this is a very telling part of the interview on many levels.

There are a few sections in Helen's book which show she was very careful with money.

One story she told....

JB ( John Bailey ) JS ( Helen's husband ) and Helen, were discussing what they would do with a financial windfall.
JB and JS mentioned what they would buy and then JB said he knew what Helen would do, she would want to look at the money sitting in her bank account.

So HB's unexplained sleepiness wasn't a worry that IS was aware of. Not really surprising he omitted that.

(And thank you, Alyce)

And he also stated that she wasn't currently on any medication and if she can get away with not taking any, she won't.

Doesn't sound like someone who would want to take sleeping pills for a sustained amount of time to me.

Sealing his own fate, one mistake at a time.

And more thanks to Alyce :) x

There are a few sections in Helen's book which show she was very careful with money.

One story she told....

JB, JS ( Helen's husband ) and Helen, were discussing what they would do with a financial windfall.
JB and JS mentioned what they would buy and then JB said he knew what Helen would do, she would want to look at the money sitting in her bank account.

And this of course is why Stewart wasn't content with sponging off Helen. He wanted control of the money.

Stewart 'followed officers around the house'

PC Woodhouse said during a search of the house on the same day, Stewart showed him and sergeant Oliphant into every room in the house, then took them into the garage.

Stewart indicated the cars inside, and which car belonged to which person.

“At 10.30am the same day the search commenced, with 14 police officers. Each pair of officers were tasked with an area to search.

“They were tasked to find a note reportedly left by Helen, a laptop, desktop computers, a passport, anything to indicate she could have come to harm, a blood soiled duvet, a purse and any personal items.

“Stewart was present at the duration of the search. He followed several officers around, watching them closely. At other stages he would say it was ‘all too much’ and retire to the main bedroom. It appeared he had had a major operation and was bleeding slightly from it.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/helen-bailey-murder-trial-case-12475974
Blood soiled duvet? Why so specific

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wonder how many times, watching that video today, he wished he could go back and change things that he said.

I hope Michelle was there again today, her insights are so valuable.

Indeed.

What's the saying You never get a second chance to make a first impression

Blood soiled duvet? Why so specific

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

IS said he had disposed of the duvet because it had blood on it. I think he was trying to give the impression that the blood came from his operation wound, when the reality was quite different ( if he had used it when disposing of Helen's body )

However, there has been some debate / confusion as to whether IS disposed of an actual duvet or just the duvet cover when he went to the refuse tip. So, I guess, the police were told to look in case the duvet was still at the property and would have incriminating evidence on it.

Click on this link to listen to the phone call IS made to police

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/helen-bailey-murder-trial-case-12475974

I don't know what I was expecting him to sound like, but I rather imagined a middle class voice, rather like Helen's. It makes me question what she - a literate, professional woman -saw in someone like him, an unemployed widower, in ill health, and possibly more interested in sport (bowls, snooker) and physical pursuits (making things) than going to the the theatre or reading a book.

Did it strike others when last week one of the widowed group said he took her to lunch before he later hooked up with Helen, that this one didn't perhaps fit his financial criteria as well as wealthy Helen did to pursue?

“She was feeling good about the wedding. It was the venue mainly, we had a photographer.

“The venue went wrong. The week before April 11, we looked at a venue hall. It was stunning, we thought it was beyond us in terms of money. It was beautiful, you just had to see it to believe it."

I was curious about it being beyond them in terms of money..... I realise most of the money is tied up in assets, but I am presuming they weren't cash short if she's worth £4m.

Anyway, pricing below for reference.

1dfb3c96d6b7a6d95f6562c07e3d96f5.png

c469f95ca1cca8ede3fab37148022432.png

I don't know what I was expecting him to sound like, but I rather imagined a middle class voice, rather like Helen's. It makes me question what she - a literate, professional woman -saw in someone like him, an unemployed widower, in ill health, and possibly more interested in sport (bowls, snooker) and physical pursuits (making things) than going to the the theatre or reading a book.

Did it strike others when last week one of the widowed group said he took her to lunch before he later hooked up with Helen, that this one didn't perhaps fit his financial criteria as well as wealthy Helen did to pursue?

I agree re the voice. Somehow, after looking at photos of him and hearing the evidence, I had an idea in my head and the voice did not match.
As to what Helen saw in him - I know it's never possible to work out what one person sees in another and we only have the photos to go on ( and the voice today ) but I can't see anything remotely attractive about him.
Re the ( lucky ) widow who only got one picnic lunch with IS. Yep, I feel sure she did not meet his financial requirements.

Hi all,
Went to court on Wednesday to obviously find out the trial had been postponed and checked before I made the journey on Thursday:)
Feeling very frustrated as very much want to be there to see everything unfolding as each part of the jigsaw comes together (I think we`ve got all the corners now:) However I`ve tons to do myself and am trying to jiggle stuff around. Will see how next week goes and hope very much to be able to attend at least on some days.
I was surprised to read that JS`s daughter was giving evidence as I was unaware of her existence - anyone??? It seems like she did not give evidence today.
I was surprised because it adds another dimension and also to Helen`s Will perhaps?
Thanks to everyone for all the updates, information and thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper