GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Helen worry about?'

Stewart is now asked about Helen’s worries in life.

“That she couldn’t drive. She liked things planned, if my mum and dad just turned up she would get panicky.

“She could talk to anyone at any level. The trouble is everyone ends up thinking they’re her best friend, but these were just people she’s met.”

Stewart is asked to tell police the names of Helen’s close friends. He is asked who out of her friends she would confide in, to which Stewart gives the name of Tracey Stratton.

He is then asked about Helen’s family.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/helen-bailey-murder-trial-case-12475974

He's filled with hate for her. Is anyone else seeing that?

My partners worries in life: money, getting older, feeling more rickety etc etc.

What he's listing are what he perceives as her faults, which wasn't what was asked of him.

Too much has happened to Helen this year'

What is the trigger for Helen walking out that door? Police ask Stewart.

He replies: “Too much has happened this year, we’ve got the wedding we’ve got me being ill, her dad being ill, my mum being ill, the car.

“The conservatory is coming down. The planners drew it wrong, now we’ve decided to do it next year.

“There’s a lot going on in Helen’s life, without doing any work this is. We are slowly doing the garden and then we want to decorate the upstairs.

“She was getting more anxious, I said to her about going to the doctors and she said no.

“Nothing like this has happened before.

“[If she went] Helen would take Boris the dog with her, I think she has taken a holdall type bag. One of the sets of keys is missing, it has four keys on.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/helen-bailey-murder-trial-case-12475974

my comment - he suggested Helen go to the doctors .......mmm, nope I dont think so

Too much has happened to Helen this year'

What is the trigger for Helen walking out that door? Police ask Stewart.

He replies: “Too much has happened this year, we’ve got the wedding we’ve got me being ill, her dad being ill, my mum being ill, the car.

“The conservatory is coming down. The planners drew it wrong, now we’ve decided to do it next year.

“There’s a lot going on in Helen’s life, without doing any work this is. We are slowly doing the garden and then we want to decorate the upstairs.

“She was getting more anxious, I said to her about going to the doctors and she said no.

“Nothing like this has happened before.

“[If she went] Helen would take Boris the dog with her, I think she has taken a holdall type bag. One of the sets of keys is missing, it has four keys on.

my comment - he suggested Helen go to the doctors .......mmm, nope I dont think so

I can imagine she was incredibly traumatised and bereft at the fact that the conservatory build was being moved to the next year [emoji849]

He's clutching at so many ridiculously tiny straws.

Also, what happened to the car?

Looks to me like his mum and dad have been ill. I'm sure they were close, but I don't think this would be Helen's stress if it wasn't his.

So, the wedding... That apparently she had been chatting about in good spirits with Tracey on that morning.

So that leaves him being ill... Which he is now recovering from.

So... I'm not seeing all the stress that he's claiming she's under? It seems to be past issues...

I hesitate to say this, but am I the only one who thinks this is a weirdly inappropriate title? :dunno:

It's called that because she kept repeating "but I'm wearing a bikini" when her husband drowned.

I can imagine she was incredibly traumatised and bereft at the fact that the conservatory build was being moved to the next year [emoji849]

Also, what happened to the car?

Looks to me like his mum and dad have been ill. I'm sure they were close, but I don't think this would be Helen's stress if it wasn't his.

So, the wedding... That apparently she had been chatting about in good spirits with Tracey on that morning.

So that leaves him being ill... Which he is now recovering from.

So... I'm not seeing all the stress that he's claiming she's under? It seems to be past issues...

I think by the car he means the - alleged - driving incident that happened with Helen on the morning of April 11 - you know the one she had whilst at the same time being on line at the house, from 8am to 11 am.

Helen Bailey had 'two iPhones and two iPads'

Police ask Stewart about Helen’s access to cash.

“She’s got a savings account, we’ve got a joint account.

“She thinks she doesn’t have enough money. She likes to know the money is there.”

Stewart said Helen had ‘at least two iPhones and two iPads’.

“She is almost like a teenager, she loves social media”, he said.

I think by the car he means the - alleged - driving incident that happened with Helen on the morning of April 11 - you know the one she had whilst at the same time being on line at the house, from 8am to 11 am

OH. My mistake. The *wink* car *wink*

Gotcha. [emoji23]

This interview really did him no favours. Definitely not coming across as the caring, concerned partner, is he?

No wonder he didn't want to do it.

It's called that because she kept repeating "but I'm wearing a bikini" when her husband drowned.

Yes, I'm aware of the circumstances, but I still think it's a horrible title. I don't know what a "good" bikini is, or if it would make any difference if she was in a "bad" bikini. I dunno, it just sounds sort of frivolous and trivial.

IS says - "It's a fairly relaxed lifestyle at the moment." And then continues within the same interview, to list all the agitations regarding the conservatory, upstairs decorations to suggest a point of trigger in Helen's anxiety. I understand how worrying health within her family would be but don't feel she would be anxious about future renovations to Hartwell Lodge.

Yes, I'm aware of the circumstances, but I still think it's a horrible title. I don't know what a "good" bikini is, or if it would make any difference if she was in a "bad" bikini. I dunno, it just sounds sort of frivolous and trivial.

I think she explained it in the book as being about the stupid things which go through your head at stressful times. She kept repeating "but I'm in my bikini" and in her head it was her best bikini....her good one. She had taken it with her and I think that was the first day she wore it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which is exactly the point. That it is ridiculous the trivial and insignificant things that can go through one's head when something completely tragic and life-changing happens.

There are most definitely good and bad bikinis out there! I think what she meant was that it made her look/feel good and she was probably excited to have bought it and wear it.. And suddenly here she is wearing it whilst giving a statement and in utter shock because her husband has just drowned.

It's a sense of humour in amongst the darkness, which is what her writing is about. I think it fits perfectly...

RSBM
Seems to be transferring his own anxieties imo. We really know little about his normal demeanour but I thought the police statements about his reaction and behaviour quite informative.

He is then asked about Helen’s family.

I would like to have heard that part of the interview

It could be kidnapping'

Stewart said there were no arguments between him and Helen on the day of her alleged disappearance, or in the days beforehand.

He said there had never been any physical arguments between the two of them.

Is there anything that makes you suspect there could be a third party involved in Helen’s disappearance? Police ask Stewart. “Someone mentioned kidnapping, she has got enough money to be a target I guess, but not many people would know that.”

Police then ask about another interview. That’s the end of the video interview.

Helen Bailey had 'two iPhones and two iPads'

Police ask Stewart about Helen’s access to cash.

“She’s got a savings account, we’ve got a joint account.

“She thinks she doesn’t have enough money. She likes to know the money is there.”

Stewart said Helen had ‘at least two iPhones and two iPads’.

“She is almost like a teenager, she loves social media”, he said.

BBM

Woah.

No wonder they arrested him before they found her body. I'm thinking about what my answers would be to these questions if my partner was missing. He's so way off the mark of the caring partner, I'm actually pretty surprised. I had him down as a bit of an actor. But he can't hide his hatred for her and the way she does things. It comes out in every single answer.

He doesn't like what she does with her money.

He doesn't like the way she uses social media.

He doesn't like the way people think they're best friends with her and think shes wonderful when they don't know the real her.

He doesn't like how uptight she is with her lack of spontaneity

It's there in every answer he gave. Horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper