GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick qeustion. May have been covered previously...was on of IS sons in Australia around the time of Helens death?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

went 10 days after Helen's death

Quick qeustion. May have been covered previously...was on of IS sons in Australia around the time of Helens death?

Think he and his girlfriend went to Oz not long after, both of them were posting photos of themselves over there on FB around 7th May.

ETA. And Speedy Tortie plus Quick Draw McGraw (aka Alyce) beat me to it!

Hoping for a verdict today!! Thinking back on all the trials ive followed over the years and i reckon well hear something today - at least on one of the charges

Doesn't the jury have to come back with a verdict on all the charges on the indictment, rather than bit by bit?

Thank you
I thought i was going mad - sure i read it was Amsterdam but then i realised i was getting mixed up with Corrie Mckeagues siblings.

Still, i guess it gives some insight into the finer points of Helens and OS relationship and even OS and IS relationship. 10 days isnt a long time at all and hed be very little support for IS over the other side of the world..

Doesn't the jury have to come back with a verdict on all the charges on the indictment, rather than bit by bit?
I have followed cases where jury have been pretty quick off the mark and unanimous with one charge and then been directed that a majority verdict will suffice on other charges..

Thank you
I thought i was going mad - sure i read it was Amsterdam but then i realised i was getting mixed up with Corrie Mckeagues siblings.

Still, i guess it gives some insight into the finer points of Helens and OS relationship and even OS and IS relationship. 10 days isnt a long time at all and hed be very little support for IS over the other side of the world..

Must run in the family - don't waste a holiday you have booked, even if family may need you.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Must run in the family - don't waste a holiday you have booked, even if family may need you.

Maybe IS was happier with them out of the way so he could continue his charade?

IS probably told him to go, he knew HB wasn't coming back so he'd no need of support.

Yes that would be more like it - 95% not cancer. Medical professionals do not like to be negative about diagnosis / prognosis even when the need to be honest in worst case scenarios. This is another example of IS out to gain more sympathy at the time and during the trial. I bet he had HB and his sons waiting on him as much as possible even before the surgery. He seems to enjoy being weak physically and emotionally.

Without a doubt. I have recent experience of a family member's diagnosis (not cancer but serious). Doctors do not want to get it wrong and as you said Janeh don't want to be unnecessarily negative.

IS is just unbelievable .... Me me me oh poor me.

Dolly-Dog's having a nap while we await the verdict - and I bet she's dreaming of the sausages awaiting her in the fridge when we get justice for Helen and Boris!

Here's a picture of her in a suitably celebratory tutu. I think it would make Helen smile!

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1020845.jpg
    P1020845.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 151
Think he and his girlfriend went to Oz not long after, both of them were posting photos of themselves over there on FB around 7th May.

ETA. And Speedy Tortie plus Quick Draw McGraw (aka Alyce) beat me to it!

Lol ... you can tell we're all around, waiting ...waiting ..

Thank you

But his father told him that Helen had gone to Broadstairs and just needed time alone (with Boris of course), so I don't suppose OS would have felt it necessary to cancel such a big trip? Am I wrong ? (I have opened the wine already in anticipation) ( :tipsy: :toastred:)

I have followed cases where jury have been pretty quick off the mark and unanimous with one charge and then been directed that a majority verdict will suffice on other charges..

Ah, i couldn't find anything about it, thanks. So what are you thinking they might come back with more quickly than the rest?

Am I right in thinking the judge can tell the jury after two hours, and if the jurors have not come to a decision, that he will accept a 10-2 verdict? I don't think I dreamt it. However, it does seem quite a short time to discuss such a lot of evidence.

Dolly-Dog's having a nap while we await the verdict - and I bet she's dreaming of the sausages awaiting her in the fridge when we get justice for Helen and Boris!

Here's a picture of her in a suitably celebratory tutu. I think it would make Helen smile!

attachment.php
Oh she is just precious. A diamond !

Am I right in thinking the judge can tell the jury after two hours, and if the jurors have not come to a decision, that he will accept a 10-2 verdict? I don't think I dreamt it. However, it does seem quite a short time to discuss such a lot of evidence.
After 2hrs and 10 minutes the judge can direct a majority verdict although in theory when we're looking at a complexnand lengthy trial judges generally allow longer before going down the majority route

The clerk that is with them will report to the judge whether there's any likelihood of a unanimous verdict any time soon. If it appears to be a gridlock the judge can ask them into court to state if they think a verdict can be made and then he may direct a majority verdict if it seems they won't agree unanimously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper