GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All caught up! Glad to hear we're now on verdict watch. I'm leaning towards Thursday for a verdict, but I hope it will be sooner. The faster he's behind bars the better. I hadn't heard before that he had been told it was a 95% chance it could have been cancer. Really? Would a doctor say that?
I wouldn't have thought so and certainly not before investigations.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I have been playing catch up for days now and there are so many threads. One thing that struck me as strange that IS said to the police was HB cream was missing, it's almost as strange as the garage door. Maybe he was crushing the tablets like Dolly did and putting it in her cream, just a thought I can't get out of my head now
I think that would have been a bit too hit and miss for IS, even it was absorbed through the skin he wouldn't know how much had been absorbed and whether it was enough to do what he wanted it to do

Was it mentioned in summing up that the info on the dark Range Rover had been published in a newspaper before IS's arrest?

It wasn't mentioned in the updates that we received, but we don't get the full info

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first point is actually the wrong way round in the time frame. IS didn't speak about Nick and Joe until long after he was arrested in July. Months in fact. If I remember rightly the Sun or a similar newspaper ran the 'sighting' story long before IS was arrested. So he just wove it into his web of lies about Nijo.

Having said that, if the Broadstairs witness did see Helen driving a dark coloured jeep back in March - did he get the car wrong? Can Mr Magoo be trusted to have actually seen what he claimed even?

I agree that if the witness told the papers not long after Helen went missing then it was well before IS came up with the story. But the jury haven't been told that it was in the papers first . They've just been told that the witness gave their statement some time after IS mentioned the jeep colour.

I have my misgivings about Farmer. He didn't turn up and was ordered to come to court and then forgot his specs and so couldn't read his statement. One has to wonder whether IS had "got at" him on one of his trips to Broadstairs between 11th April and when Farmer gave his statement. I think that was July. Maybe planting false memories. I hope not but I think he is a "risky" witness with a poor memory.

These should not constitute a reasonable doubt. Moreover, given the avalanche of bull *advertiser censored* defence evidence tailored to subvert the prosecution's case, it is remarkable that there aren't more coincidences that match Stewart's version.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day! It's no more and no less than this.

True.I suppose another way they might look at it is that he guessed the right car type and guessed whether it was dark or light and also guessed two common names that might appear in the diaries (that he might have read anyway)

I have my misgivings about Farmer. He didn't turn up and was ordered to come to court and then forgot his specs and so couldn't read his statement. One has to wonder whether IS had "got at" him on one of his trips to Broadstairs between 11th April and when Farmer gave his statement. I think that was June but cannot honestly remember. Maybe planting false memories, or even worse! I hope not but I think he is a "risky" witness with a poor memory.

I think he just followed the trial and realised IS was guilty and didn't want to give evidence that might help him get off.

The judge mentioned the newspaper in his summing up but stopped short of saying what was published

Helen seen in Broadstairs

“Edward Farmer, another witness, said he owned a cafe in Charlotte Street, Broadstairs, and that he received a visit from The Sun newspaper in 2016.

“He said as a result of this visit, police then took a witness statement from him in July 13, 2016.

“In the statement he said at some point in mid April to the beginning of May, he’d seen Helen driving a black Range Rover and appeared to be on her own.

“When giving evidence he said he found it difficult to pin down the date he had seen Helen.

“When cross examined he said it could have been March, April or May when he saw her.”

I personally think Farmer probably just wanted his 5 mins of fame and was embarrassed when it was taken so seriously. I can't imagine Big Bean intimidating witnesses.

I have my misgivings about Farmer. He didn't turn up and was ordered to come to court and then forgot his specs and so couldn't read his statement. One has to wonder whether IS had "got at" him on one of his trips to Broadstairs between 11th April and when Farmer gave his statement. I think that was June but cannot honestly remember. Maybe planting false memories, or even worse! I hope not but I think he is a "risky" witness with a poor memory.

He will be ignored, of that I'm sure. He even admitted himself under cross the sighting could have been in any one of several months. Out of all the sightings of Helen his is the least credible, given we know she'd been dead for many weeks.

He didn't seem like the most co-operative of witnesses and I can't helping thinking that him forgetting his glasses was his way of saying "please don't find this horror "not guilty" because of what I might or might not have seen with my unreliable eyesight"

Hoping for a verdict today!! Thinking back on all the trials ive followed over the years and i reckon well hear something today - at least on one of the charges

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

True.I suppose another way they might look at it is that he guessed the right car type and guessed whether it was dark or light and also guessed two common names that might appear in the diaries (that he might have read anyway)

That's if they even consider it at all! His defence is so far fetched and self-contradictory it doesn't even warrant serious consideration. And even if you do scrutinize the defence case, as you say, it can easily be explained away.

I wouldn't have thought so and certainly not before investigations.

More lies, lies, lies - because that is what comes out when he opens his mouth, imo anyway.
They probably said 95% it wouldn't be cancer. :rolleyes: Sorry I'm a bit behind on the thread.

I work in the NHS in the uk and find it very strange he managed to dose her with Zopliclone, as has been said before it's extremely foul tasting and they are also encased nowdays in film. You absolutely cannot crush them down (as they are) to make them soluble for injection or drinking etc . Also being dosed with a powdered version is dangerous as it's ingested far faster as a broken down powder than it is a tablet.

Also it can affect memory as if you've ever taken it leaves you with a hangover type feeling all the time. It's also hardly ever prescribed in the uk for more than a month a time due to its very addictive nature.

After 3 months Helen would have been addicted for sure. Interesting case and what a awful person to do this to her. Being drugged for the last weeks of your life is awful, especially when it's something like zopiclone.

Personally if I had to find him guilty or not guilty of drugging H with zopiclone I would have to say not guilty because I have reasonable doubt. I think he did drug her, but it's just possible she decided to take it herself and the prosecution haven't given us a plausible explanation for how IS could have got around the bitter taste issue, especially since we have heard that H did not like strong tasting foods.

I would still find him guilty of murder, though. Personally I don't think the zopiclone is an essential part of the prosecution's case for murder.

Yes she was googling about sleepiness but if she took zopiclone occasionally she might not have connected her daytime sleepiness with the zopiclone. If she took zopiclone once or twice and then two or three weeks later she coincidentally found herself falling asleep in the daytime, for example, she would be googling "daytime sleepiness" and not "daytime sleepiness whilst on zopiclone".

Just a last word on Zopiclone - as Dizzie said, in powder form it tastes powerful so Im sure IS put whole tablets into empty capsules Helen was already used to taking and wouldnt have been suspicious about. The Zopiclone tablets are very small, you could easily get two into an empty standard size capsule.

Oh this waiting is torture - and my telly has decided to play up today, it keeps switching itself off for no reason interrupting Sky News - Aaaaarrrgh!!!

More lies, lies, lies - because that is what comes out when he opens his mouth, imo anyway.
They probably said 95% it wouldn't be cancer. :rolleyes: Sorry I'm a bit behind on the thread.
Yes that would be more like it - 95% not cancer. Medical professionals do not like to be negative about diagnosis / prognosis even when the need to be honest in worst case scenarios. This is another example of IS out to gain more sympathy at the time and during the trial. I bet he had HB and his sons waiting on him as much as possible even before the surgery. He seems to enjoy being weak physically and emotionally.

Quick qeustion. May have been covered previously...was on of IS sons in Australia around the time of Helens death?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member