DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my daughter's cats...
attachment.php

Please excuse my novice level of skill.

Youngest desperately wanting a dog (his two beloved smaller furries have died this last year). He's still unwell, so it's a persuasion job on the husband (or at least pretend to consult...)

Attachments

• day off poorly.jpg
    day off poorly.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 212
Could it be that the jury have reached a decision but Judge Bright was too busy to hear it this afternoon?

RB

I had a bottle of Merlot (my favourite red) ready to go with the lamb and cinnamon pasta tonight. That is now on hold. However, to steady my nerves I thought I might open a new bottle of gin brought back from Iceland by my daughter and her family. They spent Christmas there.

I know you are a gin connoisseur - have you tried Icelandic gin? This one is called VOR made from 100 per cent Icelandic barley, hand picked botanicals and distilled with care using green geothermal energy and is 47 per cent proof!. Difford Guide gives it 4 stars.

https://www.diffordsguide.com/beer-...d-juniper-spirits/BWS004986/vor-icelandic-gin

At 47 per cent proof I shall be under the table on one double. That should be enough to calm my nerves.

I'm sad to say I haven't. I've had Martin Millers Westbourne Strength which is made from water taken from Icelandic Glaciers. It is superb too so I'm going to follow your tip especially as it's actually 94% proof! (47 x 2)

Another tip is Nordes, a Galician gin. It smells of pear drops and tastes of swizzlers, those fizzy sweets. Not a traditional gin but oh so drinkable with Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic. Iceland, Spain...gin unites us all!! It's a good job I'm so ecumenical and progressive that I'm willing to love and accept them all equally. :)

attachment.php
www.instagram.com/doeeyeddoxies
this is a link to my daughters instagram page that shows our sausage babies Olive & Elsie xx

Attachments

• 924662_890971814273295_629314825_a.jpg
    924662_890971814273295_629314825_a.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 347
I'm all back to front getting to grips with the Tapatalk APP and posting stuff that doesn't make sense. I lost my husband three years ago and relatives banned me from seeing him in his final illness . I didn't discover he was dead till later. My point being that when there is money about the terminally sick are guarded like Cerberus and anyone who has a sizeable estate should be wary. Like poor Helen. Something must have changed between them though. He was in it for the money but what a long game to play! Mind you these relatives waited a few years and pounced. I only wanted to say my goodbyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awful, Sweet Cinnamon- we know money brings out the worst in some people but it still never fails to shock me when it happens. x

I'm all back to front getting to grips with the Tapatalk APP and posting stuff that doesn't make sense. I lost my husband three years ago and relatives banned me from seeing him in his final illness . I didn't discover he was dead till later. My point being that when there is money about the terminally sick are guarded like Cerberus and anyone who has a sizeable estate should be wary. Like poor Helen. Something must have changed between them though. He was in it for the money but what a long game to play! Mind you these relatives waited a few years and pounced. I only wanted to say my goodbyes.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and the awful way your need to say goodbye was not permitted. Unfortunatey money turns people into strange creatures. There was a loss in my family last year and a whole branch of the family has turned on another over only a few thousand euros. Barely enough to cover the funeral and have a little left over. The way they have treated each other is disgusting. To me, no money is worth hurting beloved family.

I hate to speak out but was Helen prescribed any oestrogen cream as she was menopausal? PV Absorption is good. But maybe I shouldn't suggest that? If he appeals the method of administration may be a sticking point?

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and the awful way your need to say goodbye was not permitted. Unfortunatey money turns people into strange creatures. There was a loss in my family last year and a whole branch of the family has turned on another over only a few thousand euros. Barely enough to cover the funeral and have a little left over. The way they have treated each other is disgusting. To me, no money is worth hurting beloved family.
One side of my family were all arguing with each other over money left over from a business when my grandmother died. One party then died of a stress induced heart attack. It transpired after he died that the majority of the inheritance money actually had to go towards a massive unpaid tax bill of my grandmothers so everyone was literally fighting over nothing.

All I wanted was the tacky fridge magnets from my granny's house which I got so I stayed out of it and am perfectly happy with my "inheritance" lol

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I hate to speak out but was Helen prescribed any oestrogen cream as she was menopausal? PV Absorption is good. But maybe I shouldn't suggest that? If he appeals the method of administration may be a sticking point?

Apparently she did use a cream but not a prescription medicine. It's been discussed here earlier today whether it might have been used in that way. But the prosecution case does not hang on that detail and there would be no grounds for appeal in such a matter.

Grounds for appeal are usually to do with new evidence that was not available at the time of trial, or technical matters like misdirection by the Judge.

BBM

Aww SweetCinnamon, I am sorry to hear this. It is terrible to have this happen to you.

From an investor point of view, the game that IS played isn't all that long.
Depending how you calculate his assets, he would have tripled that amount of money in 5 years. Go find a bank that will give you 30 - 40% interest! Or a job with similar pay rises, if you insist on working, but IS did not even work.
If you leave the house out of the equation and look only at his income and savings, his profit would be even more astronomical for such a short period.

I'm sad to say I haven't. I've had Martin Millers Westbourne Strength which is made from water taken from Icelandic Glaciers. It is superb too so I'm going to follow your tip especially as it's actually 94% proof! (47 x 2)

Another tip is Nordes, a Galician gin. It smells of pear drops and tastes of swizzlers, those fizzy sweets. Not a traditional gin but oh so drinkable with Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic. Iceland, Spain...gin unites us all!! It's a good job I'm so ecumenical and progressive that I'm willing to love and accept them all equally. :)

Crikey 94 per cent proof. That is a killer. Well, the Icelandic gin tasted doughy and peppery but somehow smooth too. Not sure it would be on my list, especially at £39 a half litre. I am sure it didn't cost that in Iceland!

http://www.urban-drinks.co.uk/vor-100-icelandic-pot-distilled-gin-05l-47-vol.html?av=1

About the Zopiclone - IMHO it is a possiblity that there were two sets of vitamin pills.

Helen had hers, and IS kept some hidden on the side. Those he had filled with Zopiclone. In that way he had 100% control over when Helen took them.

The Prosecution is of the opinion that IS put the Zopiclone in scrambled eggs. Wouldn't marmalade be better?

:thinking:

About the Zopiclone - IMHO it is a possiblity that there were two sets of vitamin pills.

Helen had hers, and IS kept some hidden on the side. Those he had filled with Zopiclone. In that way he had 100% control over when Helen took them.

The Prosecution is of the opinion that IS put the Zopiclone in scrambled eggs. Wouldn't marmalade be better?

:thinking:

Not if she never ate it?

Critical illness insurance, Mg and DLA related

DLA moving to PIP.
He would not have been re-assessed for the new PIP until 2015 at the very very earliest and by 2018 at the outside

Just found this on the Myasthenia Gravis Forum..

A small bit of relatively good news for the timetable for moving people with indefinite or lifetime awards of DLA onto PIP - it has been put back by two years, until October 2015 - after the next election.

The DWP do not now expect to have assessed all working age DLA claimants for PIP until March 2018.

Also, PIP will be paid at the same rate as the DLA equivalents:

"The DWP has finally revealed that personal independence payment (PIP) will be paid at the same rates as the equivalent awards of disability living allowance (DLA).

The link also describes the moving around tests for points based system and the £ values. (Really terrible for the genuine cases, it goes without saying.)

This is a small monthly sum for an IS drawing down his insurance pay BUT to a greedy man, every little is worth having and connects perhaps to Flint's comment last week about "if" IS was to lose his income.

http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=5030.0

After going on the Cambridge News site and not clicking fast enough to avoid the fake, "My partner is missing" call, I realised IS sounds a bit like Peter Cook (and a bit like Dud) in the Pete and Dud sketches, sans the humour.

Somehow the one at the doctor's seemed appropriate (haven't listened all the way through for any swearing but spot checked after the first couple of minutes)

[video=youtube;_5m_J5wogMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5m_J5wogMQ[/video]

I think it's been established that IS can move like *advertiser censored* off a shovel when it suits him. He was certainly very active the day Helen went missing.

After going on the Cambridge News site and not clicking fast enough to avoid the fake, "My partner is missing" call, I realised IS sounds a bit like Peter Cook (and a bit like Dud) in the Pete and Dud sketches, sans the humour.

Lordy, can you imagine having to listen to that on a daily basis? I would not like that in any way...

:facepalm::facepalm:Hi All Websleuths !!!
Tomorrow it is almost certain that we will have the final verdict in this case and I have mustered the courage to say a few words!!
I too came to feel that I knew Helen after reading her blogs and book, shortly after finishing which, she was reported missing. Along with others I hoped that, like many of us, she perhaps felt how good it would be to just disappear for a while and had high hopes that she would return safely and renewed.
The manner in which she and Boris were found was horrifying and I have not been able to dismiss it from my mind.
I came upon this site by fortunate accident, desperately searching for information about the investigation which seems to have been surprisingly low key in the media. My motive was to hopefully know that justice for Helen and Boris was to be served.
When Ian Stewart was charged I had a scenario in my head that at least it must have been a crime of passion. My utter abbhorrence on hearing the truth cannot adequately be described but here at last is my point - thank you all so much for being there!! It has been quite a journey and I have been so grateful to you all for your reasoned, intelligent argument/ your compassion and heartfelt emotion / your anger and revulsion that has exactly mirrored mine. Helen would be proud that she had such eloquent advocates to probe the truth of her wicked and senseless death and that it had exercised all of your emotions to the extent that it has.
I feel that I know many of you just as I did Helen. Such is the power of the written word.
Thank you all, I will miss you and tonight I pray that we will get the verdict that Helen and Boris so deserve and that evil man will be shut away for the rest of his useful days contemplating all that he has destroyed and lost. I really dont think that even he knows why he did it now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member