GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a brilliant book - although I do have to stop myself from throwing it across the room when she refers to GGHW!

I am thinking of what she said about if I get dumped I will going after you with my words or something similar...I really liked that because people will read her book in another light now.

I couldn't sleep at first, kept seeing nightmarish pictures of a 'Not Guilty' verdict. This is the first trial I've followed on here for personal reasons. The saddest thing is that nothing can bring Helen and Boris back, how lovely it would be if lives could be 'swapped' and IS would give his 'life force' up for Helen. Childish isn't it? My guess is that man always blamed illness for his own shortcomings and I find that offensive as someone who has struggled throughout life with genuine disabilities. He'll harm himself in prison for sure but none of us will hear about it. His poor parents. And Diane's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She met him online though and it sounds like the emotional bond was built long before they met in person.

Yes, I know what you mean. They built up a relationship before Helen met him....but I still would have found him just not the person for me, when we did eventually meet. And that's even making allowances for his voice, which I understand is down to having only the one vocal chord.

Ewww the custody photo of IS just shown on Sky News - clean shaven with cold, staring eyes, he absolutely looks like a psychopath - nothing cuddly about him at all!

The mugshots are always interesting, his is a corker!

In the (May?) interview at home, he specifically mentions making Helen scrambled eggs..

Yup then later changes his story.Sounds as if he was prettty sure she'd never be found and had no worries that he might be incriminating himself by saying he made her breakfast

Excellent statement by the senior police officer, pointing out how much devastation IS' murder has caused - the Sinfield family devastated at this shameful attempt to drag Helen's beloved husband's name through the mud with his bollox Nick and Joe story. This 'man' has no shame, he will use and abuse anyone to suit his own selfish ends!

And IS' own family mentioned too, the lies to which they have been subjected. His elderly parents and his sons have to live with this for the rest of their lives. So many casualties of a wicked outrage like this and as John Bailey so poignantly stated, nothing can ever put right the loss of Helen.

I feel sure Judge Bright's sentencing statement will be quite something. So many aggravating features in this murder, I sincerely hope the length of sentence will make any chance of future release a forlorn hope for IS.

I hope he gets those 30 years he felt were promised to him

In fact, I hope he gets longer than that, but don't think he will.....still, 30 should be more than enough to make him realise that his life on the outside is over

It must have been incredibly easy for the jury when you consider Michelle's eye witness testimony about how the two son's blanked IS during the trial despite him trying to smile at them and win their attention.

It doesn't say much when your own kids don't even believe in your innocence!

They got him good and proper. I just feel so sad for Helen and her darling Boris. The man is a monster :(

There will be some justice now, but nothing can bring them back.

DCI Kent clears up the timeline of the discovery of the second cesspit.

DCI Kent said: 'There is a difference between somebody having their house searched as a missing person and when it's a murder investigation.

DCI Jerome Kent told MailOnline he was satisfied police could have done nothing more to expedite the finding of her remains.

'We would quickly lose people's trust if we took a very hard stance and extensively searched every missing person's house [as soon as they disappeared] and treated their family members as potential suspects.

'No one could have foreseen where Helen's body was.'

On the grim discovery, he said: 'We started on the early morning of the 11th July when he [Stewart] was initially arrested, took control of the house and found Helen's body on the 15th July. We then continued with the search for the next 2-3 weeks.

'We were aware very early on that the property had a modern cesspit in the back garden, but it wasn't until we obtained a search warrant and removed vehicles from the garage that we discovered another man hole cover on the 12th July.

'In that we found another cesspit from a converted well that dated back to around 1890.'

DCI Kent said the police were already aware of a possible second cesspit when neighbours and previous owners of the house confirmed it was there.

It was due to be searched at the end of the week but it's thought that 'jokes about it being a good place to hide a body' brought this forward.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4228350/Helen-Bailey-s-fiance-GUILTY-murder.html

Just read that - scary to think that they might never have found Helen if the pit had had more waste in it

I bet he's kicking himself for having it emptied regularly.

It must have been incredibly easy for the jury when you consider Michelle's eye witness testimony about how the two son's blanked IS during the trial despite him trying to smile at them and win their attention.

It doesn't say much when your own kids don't even believe in your innocence!

I suppose that having lived with him throughout those "missing" days there are going to be many things that didn't add up when they heard this Joe and Nick nonsense (even Eldorado and Crossroads would have scrap that plot for being too ridiculous), they had witnessed his behaviour and heard all his lies over that time.

Could the sentence be so long that IS reflects on things and admits to all and even comes clean about what happened with his first wife? I can only wish. I feel certain that he's responsible for 2 murders but unless he confesses we'll never know the truth.

I think I'm too naïve about how evil some people can be. IS must go down as one of the wickedest, most cold blooded murderers in recent years.

As has been said, so many innocent lives have been shattered by this selfish thing. If IS has even just one atom of decency in him, he would come clean and explain all, but he hasn't.

Knowing what we know about him, since there is not much more he can now do for advancing himself,and he has nothing else to lose (if he gets 30 years tariff without parole as he should do) he might just do that - but not out of decency: I would not put it past him to attempt to write his confession/memoirs and attempt to publish them in a final attempt at self-aggrandizement. Of course the whole thing spinning the 'poor me' theme and how it wasn't my fault, scenario...Certain newspapers would buy the story - hope the law would prevent him from profiting in any way if this happened.

When Helen's body was discovered last July, some three months after she had gone missing, we said we knew Helen would wish, like us, for justice to be done.
We wish to thank the Police and Crown Prosecution Service for their unswerving professionalism and support, and to those individuals who gave up their time to be members of the jury or to give evidence in court, as now the perpetrator of this crime has been brought to book.
We also wish to thank the many individuals for their support, some of whom have been grieving for their own personal loss - as their acts of kindness have been invaluable to us.
Our thoughts are very much with Ian's family.
Despite this victory for justice there can be no celebration. Our families have been devastated and nothing can ever bring Helen back to us, or truly right this wrong.
A long shadow of loss has been cast over the lives of so many who will always remember Helen with enduring love and affection.
At her memorial service, we asked attendees to write down what Helen's life had inspired them towards.
From over 160 affirmative responses, one person wrote: 'To help people when they needed a friend'.
With these words in mind, we now embark on rebuilding our lives and we respectfully request that we be allowed to do so in peace.
Thank you.
– FAMILY STATEMENT

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2017...no-celebration-after-her-killer-is-convicted/

ianstewart2202m.jpg

I couldn't sleep at first, kept seeing nightmarish pictures of a 'Not Guilty' verdict. This is the first trial I've followed on here for personal reasons. The saddest thing is that nothing can bring Helen and Boris back, how lovely it would be if lives could be 'swapped' and IS would give his 'life force' up for Helen. Childish isn't it? My guess is that man always blamed illness for his own shortcomings and I find that offensive as someone who has struggled throughout life with genuine disabilities. He'll harm himself in prison for sure but none of us will hear about it. His poor parents. And Diane's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My guess is those illnesses were just another opportunity to manipulate weak-minded imbeciles for his own advantage. He didn't see this as a shortcoming but rather a strength.

If he does harm himself in prison as many with APD do, it will only be to manipulate staff/family or to engineer a move to another prison, to feign mental illness etc...etc... He won't do it out of self-pity and despair because he doesn't feel such emotions. That said many inmates will be willing to inflict harm on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper