GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too CP, that is a given. But the question is on what grounds? I can't envisage circumstances under which he could appeal, can you? If he gets 30 years tariff then maybe he might appeal the sentence but he can't appeal the verdict.

No and his defence team did everything they could so it'll be interesting to see what reason he does come up with.

Good piece on the 1 o'clock news, the laser imaging is amazing.

I think he's in for 30 years. I need to go and review the "approved" aggravating factors but he must tick a lot of boxes. No sexual element is the only thing I can think he doesn't have. He would have good character too but Diane is obviously a big question mark there so I don't know what the judge will make of that.

I'm glad the police officer mentioned that the Sinfields are very upset by the way IS used JS' memory in his ridiculous story. It is justice for JS too, who I'm sure was an upstanding man and would not have got into situations that would leave his wife at risk.

I am so incredibly angry and affected by this verdict. I knew already he was guilty as you all know, but it seems my emotions are slow in catching up with my brain.

watching sky news and to me IS bodylanguage says it all about what Helen meant to him, the police must have been very suspicious from early on.

His body language, in my unprofessional opinion is one of somebody who really couldn't give a toss that his fiance is missing.

I'm glad the police officer mentioned that the Sinfields are very upset by the way IS used JS' memory in his ridiculous story. It is justice for JS too, who I'm sure was an upstanding man and would not have got into situations that would leave his wife at risk.

Yes he couldn't care less that his Nick & Joe story was casting aspersions on JS's integrity.

What a relief my friends! Yes, a few tears here. Watched the Sky News coverage - an interview with a close friend of Helen's, saying she had never suspected IS. And how devastated she was that Helen had been killed by the man she loved, and dumped in a cesspit.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/po...6307-472320253d8803f3e990aa35884d16e21ebdb5fd

They showed the police bodycam of the arrest and also police interviews. He is even more physically repulsive than I imagined, with an effeminate, high pitched voice. He must have worked really hard to charm Helen, is all I can say

I wonder if he will ever admit to what he has done? I guess he'll assess if there's anything in it for him and conclude no. Can't wait for Judge Bright's summing up tomorrow. I believe he stood out as the finest orator by a mile - cut to the meat of the matter on every issue. Superb work Judge Bright!

Me too Dolly..... he just comes across as a total slob ( sorry if that offends anyone ) and I really , really can't imagine wanting to spend more than 5 minutes in his company...he would be the person I would avoid at any social gathering.
I have watched the videos a few times, really trying to find something, anything that would make him appear in any way attractive, but no, nothing.

Out and about but been checking in regularly. Such a relief to see the verdict.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...n-stewart-found-guilty?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Following the verdict, John Bailey, Helen’s brother, said the family’s thoughts were very much with Ian Stewart’s family.

Bailey thanked the police and individuals who had shown “invaluable” kindness.

In a statement he said: “Despite this victory for justice there can be no celebration. Our families have been devastated and nothing can ever bring Helen back to us, or truly right this wrong. A long shadow of loss has been cast over the lives of so many who will always remember Helen with enduring love and affection.”

:rose:

I have to say, he's a much better person than me.

I do feel for Diane's family but not for the other occupants of Hartwell Lodge....I think they contributed to the difficulties Helen had in that house.

fab - just returned and can see Florrie's post but not caught up yet! Presuming guilty on both counts - had better log into Tara and then catch up here .

oh yes ,

[video=twitter;834389473538478080]https://twitter.com/TaraCoxCN/status/834389473538478080[/video]

Watch the moment Ian Stewart was arrested:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/article12640434.ece?token=1274250177

Watch the moment Ian Stewart dumped a crucial piece of evidence

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/article12640450.ece?token=-856987359

Box in one hand, something in the other, swinging movement of arm when throwing it in and I think, hands in pockets when nonchalantly walking away.

didnt he say he folded up the duvet carefully when taking it to the tip - but I cant see anything other than the box ? which presumably has the duvet inside it ?

Me too Dolly..... he just comes across as a total slob ( sorry if that offends anyone ) and I really , really can't imagine wanting to spend more than 5 minutes in his company...he would be the person I would avoid at any social gathering.
I have watched the videos a few times, really trying to find something, anything that would make him appear in any way attractive, but no, nothing.

She met him online though and it sounds like the emotional bond was built long before they met in person.

No and his defence team did everything they could so it'll be interesting to see what reason he does come up with.

Perhaps he will invoke Dick and Dom or the murderous Chuckle Brothers and swear down on his mum's life that he mentioned it to his barrister who must have forgotten?

Thank you thank you thank you jury! I'm honestly in tears here. Helen and Boris get their justice. ❤❤

I have followed along quietly but havent posted until now as I never quite caught up. I was about 50 posts away from catching up when suddenly there were 60+ new posts and I knew that meant a verdict had been reached. I will admit that my stomach dropped at that point! I haven't felt so nervous in a long time. I just prayed to see the words GUILTY. I couldn't bare to think this monster could possibly be out and walking the streets again.

I think IS really sealed his fate by taking the stand. I was nervous he would get away with it until I started to hear his dribble. In actual fact I was still slightly on the fence until his testimony. But afterwards there was no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he did it. I feel it was the same way for the jury.

Typical narcissist though, he enjoys the sound of his own voice and believes his own lies and that was his downfall. He thought he was smarter than everyone else. Sorry Ian but you were wrong. You're nothing but a dumb old man who will die in prison with nothing (except thinning hair and piles) and no one, just like you deserve.

Helen was always too good for him and he knew it. I strongly believe his feelings of inadequacy are a big part of why he killed her.

I only became aware of Helens case a couple of weeks ago and I have spent every spare moment since reading her threads and staying up late to follow along in 'real time' (I'm in australia)

There are so many amazing sleuthers here that have come together to see Helen and Boris get their justice. It's been such a privilege to have followed this case alongside you all. Right from the very beginning there were members who could see Ian for who he really was and were able to see through his lies. I think the police suspected him from day one too.

My thoughts now are with not only Helens family, but Ians too. They all are grieving the loss of a family member, albeit in different ways. Either way there are no winners here, just so much loss and pain. And for why we will never truly know.

RIP Helen and Boris. You have touched the hearts of those of us all over the world and you will never be forgotten. ❤

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back later. Have a hair appointment. OMG my head is all over the place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper