GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“He said he had keyhole surgery and the wound became infected and caused him a lot of pain.”

He did get antibiotics for this from the GP but I don't recall any medic saying it actually was infected despite, obviously, it being in his interest to claim his recovery from the op was longer than normal.

Business dealings were raised by a caller named Joe

“Stewart said John Sinfield’s business dealings were raised by a man called Joe, who knocked on the door.

“He said Joe had a foreign accent, olive cheeks, and shortly grey hair.

“Stewart said his car, a dark Range Rover, was parked by the door.

“He said Helen came to the door and recognised the van. “He said as the pair were going to the study Joe asked him if he was the GGHW (Gorgeous Grey Haired Widower) - which he said he was. “He said Joe had told Helen what he wanted was in a lever arch file.”

Helen upset by the way Joe spoke to her

“Stewart said during the following week Helen looked for the lever arch file to no avail.
“In February or March 2016 Joe called again with another man called Nick.

“He said they arrived just at the time himself and Helen were opening up the cesspit in the garage.
“He said Nick was taller than him, had short black hair, tattoos on his neck, had a London or southern accent. “He said Joe and Helen went into the study. He said Helen was later upset and annoyed because of the way Joe had spoken to her.

“He said John Sinfield had done some things without Helen’s knowledge.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12633390

Thanks for keeping us updated Alyce, I'm back in work and trying to do easy tasks that allow me to alt + tab between work and this thread!

My favourite bit so far:

“You will have to decide, as the prosecution say, whether the account he gave you from the witness box is an elaborate piece of fiction tailored to fit the prosecution case, or whether it might be, or is true.”

Although 'elaborate' has more positive connotations than his shambolic plot deserved!

Re Eileen Bailey’s evidence. IIRC IS said that HB had betablockers in her collections of drugs. These were probably prescribed when she was told by the Well Woman Clinic that she had very high blood pressure. I just wanted to point out the possible side effects because it could possibly be that what Eileen B said about dizziness etc could have been the side effects of betablockers and therefore would also predate any drugs that IS fed to her.

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Beta-blockers/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Symptoms commonly reported both by people taking beta-blockers and those taking a dummy medication (placebo) include: dizziness. tiredness. blurred vision. cold hands and feet. slow heartbeat. diarrhoea and nausea.

I have to got out for a job interview but I shall be thinking about Helen and Boris and wearing my breton stripes when I get home. Fingers crossed for a guilty verdict today and I fervently hope that IS's piles are playing him up

I would be very intrigued to know when that policy took effect and how soon after the benefits became claimable IS was 'unable' to go back to work.

Yes I'm guessing it was soon as the minimum waiting tine before being able to claim was. I'm sure the insurance company will look into this if he's found guilty as it would be a massive fraud spanning many years.

Helen tired not drugged

“Stewart said his parents called in one day when Helen was asleep - because she was tired and stressed, not because he was drugging her with Zopiclone.

“Stewart said on the morning of April 11, Helen cooked breakfast for herself.

“He said Helen would have walked Boris after breakfast.

“Stewart said he had an appointment at the doctors that morning but he cancelled it because he decided to stay and comfort Helen after she came home saying she was never driving again.

“He said it was him and not Helen who usually went to the tip, and that Helen had loaded his car with boxes and a soiled duvet.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12633390

I have to got out for a job interview but I shall be thinking about Helen and Boris and wearing my breton stripes when I get home. Fingers crossed for a guilty verdict today and I fervently hope that IS's piles are playing him up

Good luck darling! Worry not, that toe rag is getting everything that's coming to him - including bum trouble!

“He said he had nothing to do with amending a standing order from Helen’s account on April 11, 2016.
“He said Helen had used her computer and must have done this herself.”

Didn't IS say she had used his computer?

Stewart said he last saw Helen when she waved to him

“Stewart said the doorbell rang, it was Joe. Helen told him to go away, Joe leant in and whispered to Helen’ Just think about it’.

“He said his phone was inactive during a period of time this day because the house had spots where there would be no phone signal.

“He said as he drove off to the doctors surgery, Helen waved to him from the dining room window, and this was the last time he saw her.

“He said he went to the tip, then the solicitors,

“He said when he got home again Helen wasn’t there.”

Goodness, it's taken me ages to catch up! Am going to be with you all online today, praying for him to rot in prison for the 30 years he wanted.

I'm in Breton stripes too x

“He said as the pair were going to the study Joe asked him if he was the GGHW (Gorgeous Grey Haired Widower) - which he said he was. “He said Joe had told Helen what he wanted was in a lever arch file.”

He's made it sound just as silly as it did the first time, good.

How on earth would Joe know the file he wanted was of the Lever Arch type? Did these strange guys have access to the file many, many years ago and why would they leave it 5/6 years before searching for it? . All fabrication on the part of IS.

Stewart said he last saw Helen when she waved to him

“Stewart said the doorbell rang, it was Joe. Helen told him to go away, Joe leant in and whispered to Helen’ Just think about it’.

RSBM

I mean, this alone.

:cuckoo:

“He said as the pair were going to the study Joe asked him if he was the GGHW (Gorgeous Grey Haired Widower) - which he said he was.

A clear example of a liar adding too much detail. And in this case detail that just isn't believable. As if this murdering criminal has sat down read Helen's book and/ or blog, has remembered the nickname she used for IS and has then used it like that.

Told not to contact the police

“He said he was then aware of someone at the front door - it was Nick, who hit him in the stomach.

“He said Nick said Helen and Boris were with him - that they would be back on Friday, told him to act normal and not to contact the police or he wouldn’t see Helen again.

“He said Nick knew his phone number.

“He said he went to watch his son Jamie in a bowls match that evening in Cambridge.

“He said on the way home he got a Chinese meal. He said he was acting on autopilot at that time and wasn’t thinking straight.

“He said he sent a text to Helen’s phone that night saying ‘*advertiser censored*’.

“He said on April 12 he thought about what to do and whether to tell his sons about Joe and Nick.”

and whether to write a note or not !

The lever arch gets me every time. It's the most ridiculous story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper