GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you find any link which says he did perform CPR Milly or was that in his testimony at court?

I think it was mentioned on Facebook, reported by one of our friendly widows. In court he appeared to basically say "Diane died leaving me with the kids".

Huh?
Where's Moll? She previously fired off an email to another no-hoper reporter from the STimes.

I see Mavis has commented there too. Circumspection required if you have only known all parties for 3 years since 2013?

As I said some threads ago, "undue influence" could also have been a successful litigation argument in a case like this, I appreciate that no-one will go down that line but just saying....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sons-inherit-slice-fortune.html#ixzz4ZmnEMceO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

ETA . more new articles, DExpress etc - thanks for the links, going to have a read of them.

Thanks for the namecheck, cottonweaver! and hello all - I am away from home for a few days and as previously mentioned am an antiquated person with no smartphone etc, so reliant on using someone else's PC.

I read the Express surreptitiously in WH Smith's this morning and the rest online just now along with all this discussion. The Mail's headlines and subheadings are often worse than the articles (that's true of other papers too, in my opinion) and even during the trial I've sent off my pedantic corrections - it's worth it if only to relieve one's feelings and sometimes they do seem to take notice, especially I expect if others have also written in.

That bit of Rachel Johnson's about the engagement ring in her Mail article was really annoying, I hope other people will complain too.

Thanks as always for all the comment here.

I believe it needs a doctor to confirm death officially.

It needs a doctor to certify the cause of death, and that piece of paper is needed in order to register the death and get a death certificate.

When my neighbour died at home, the paramedics didn't call a doctor, but they did call the police and a policeman came to the house, but this was a formality. The copper may have spoken to his doctor on the phone. I can't remember if the doctor came later or if they did a post-mortem. He had been in failing health for some time and it was only a surprise that he'd lasted as long as he did.

I think it was mentioned on Facebook, reported by one of our friendly widows. In court he appeared to basically say "Diane died leaving me with the kids".

I think we commented at the time that it was interesting how he sort of glossed over Diane's death - having laid it on about the epilepsy earlier. Mind you, he was on a roll at the time listing all his own ailments!

That bit of Rachel Johnson's about the engagement ring in her Mail article was really annoying, I hope other people will complain too.

I put a comment below the article complaining about three things: the engagement ring detail, the line about him putting sleeping tablets in her scrambled eggs, and the bit about him luring the dog into the cesspit. The comments are premoderated and my comment hasn't appeared. Ho hum.

Incidentally, she also says that Helen's dog Boris was named after her (Rachel Johnson's) brother. Is this true? I've never seen that mentioned anywhere before.

It needs a doctor to certify the cause of death, and that piece of paper is needed in order to register the death and get a death certificate.

When my neighbour died at home, the paramedics didn't call a doctor, but they did call the police and a policeman came to the house, but this was a formality. The copper may have spoken to the doctor on the phone. I can't remember if the doctor came later or if they did a post-mortem. He had been in failing health for some time and it was only a surprise that he'd lasted as long as he did.

Sorry Cherwell, but I believe you are incorrect. My husband died suddenly and quite unexpectedly. Paramedics attended (it was obvious he was deceased), they called the police, which I understand always occurs in sudden unexplained death
Then a doctor was called to the house to confirm death. There was a post mortem conducted later to ascertain cause of death.

What we now know about Ian Stewart:

1. He's mean with money.
2. He is quick to anger, flying into a rage with the neighbours over the hedge.
3. He hated dogs, to the extent of throwing stones at the neighbour's dogs when they barked.
4. He was unkempt in his personal appearance and slobbish in his habits.

It becomes even more mystifying what the attraction was.

can i ask members, before I do a big trawl, if they have already saved the local classifieds death notice for diane stewart ?

I put a comment below the article complaining about three things: the engagement ring detail, the line about him putting sleeping tablets in her scrambled eggs, and the bit about him luring the dog into the cesspit. The comments are premoderated and my comment hasn't appeared. Ho hum.

Incidentally, she also says that Helen's dog Boris was named after her (Rachel Johnson's) brother. Is this true? I've never seen that mentioned anywhere before.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/77...-boris-killed-author-disappearance-believable
She wrote in her final book: "We called the pup Boris, after Boris Johnson, because a picture in the London Evening Standard of BJ scowling looked just like our wrinkly-faced, flat-nosed Boris in the newborn photographs the breeder has emailed."

BBM

can i ask members, before I do a big trawl, if they have already saved the local classifieds death notice for diane stewart ?

I shouldn't think you'll find anything cotton. Alyce and I searched and searched way back at the beginning, before he was even charged, so I don't think there is anything to be found.

Sorry Cherwell, but I believe you are incorrect. My husband died suddenly and quite unexpectedly. Paramedics attended (it was obvious he was deceased), they called the police, which I understand always occurs in sudden unexplained death
Then a doctor was called to the house to confirm death. There was a post mortem conducted later to ascertain cause of death.

Sorry for your loss, that must have been dreadful.

I don't think anything I said was incorrect. As I said, I can't remember if my neighbour's doctor attended, but I wasn't on the scene all the time once the policeman came. I went into my own house to telephone my neighbour's relatives and break the news to a few other people.

Please may I add that death certificates aren't secret and copies may be obtained either from the local council of the death was recent or from the website of the GRO, general records office. Copies of inquest verdicts are similarly kept probably in the Records Office at Kew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone else has picked it up, though.
JennyWRN, Abroad but heading home, United Kingdom, 8 hours ago

'the new £15,000 engagement ring flashing on her finger as she typed...'
The engagement ring was never purchased. I can read novels anytime. News articles and even opinion pieces about items in the news are better without the fantasy element.

Nice one!

Is that hack Boris Johnson's sister?

I shouldn't think you'll find anything cotton. Alyce and I searched and searched way back at the beginning, before he was even charged, so I don't think there is anything to be found.

I assumed you would have already done it at first base.
Isn't it strange - why wouldn't there be a simple classifieds notice in the local paper?

don't tell me that he was too tight to put a notice up? or that he has scrubbed that.
CPS/cops wouldn't have a simple local notice scrubbed - i get why I've never been able to find any coroners listing but .....

Sorry for your loss, that must have been dreadful.

I don't think anything I said was incorrect. As I said, I can't remember if my neighbour's doctor attended, but I wasn't on the scene all the time once the policeman came. I went into my own house to telephone my neighbour's relatives and break the news to a few other people.

Oh Cherwell please don't think I was contradicting you, though my post did sound like that - sorry.
I think the death of a person previously suffering from an illness or maybe elderly is treated differently.
I just compare Diane's sudden, and relatively young, unexpected/unexplained demise to my own experience. The knowledge we gain from WS and others' experience can be useful I think. Thank you for your condolences.

I assumed you would have already done it at first base.
Isn't it strange - why wouldn't there be a simple classifieds notice in the local paper?

don't tell me that he was too tight to put a notice up?
or that he has scrubbed that.
CPS/cops wouldn't have a simple local notice scrubbed - i get why I've never been able to find any coroners listing but .....

Yes, I can believe he'd be too tight.
I also think he resented Diane's popularity, so it would also be a way of denying her any importance or status.

just cause I passed by this evidence a minute ago...

think it was icemaiden ( not sure , sorry) pointed out the diff between the BBourn house sale 530 K and figures given by IS during testimony and another member then replied re legal expenses. ( too many pages back to go hunting now , sorry)

“The Royston house was in a very old state. The decor was nowhere near our taste. “I brought my stuff from Bassingbourn over about six or seven months. “Every visit there was a nightmare, I kept going back and finding things of Diane’s, it was very sad. “The Bassingbourn house didn’t sell quickly, I sold it for £520,000 after selling expenses. “I gave Helen £470,000, Helen wanted me to keep £50,000 and described it as ‘play money’ to spend.”

Someone else has picked it up, though.

Nice one!

Is that hack Boris Johnson's sister?

Definately well said Jenny

Yes Boris ( the dog ) was named after Boris J - it is mentioned somewhere, either in Helen's book or her blog

and yes re Rachel being Boris's sister

Yes, I can believe he'd be too tight.
I also think he resented Diane's popularity, so it would also be a way of denying her any importance or status.

Interesting you say that Cherwell as I'm just on the SM page of Bassingbourn Air Cadets and even in Summer 2012 they are still doing a charity run dedicated to her ( as well as the work of EAng Air Ambulance too ) so yes, high esteem ( as well as continued family involvement with the squadron)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewreckk35