GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His birth was registered in Hitchin. Event quarter 4 Ian Paul Stewart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't mean to offend anyone and many of those interested in Astrology have made sensible an interesting contributions to the forum. However, to believe that one's temperament/disposition can be formed from the position of stars and planets is a step too far for me. We know from scientific evidence that it is nature (genes) and nurture that determines the type of person we become. I will now take my leave from the forum until such time as we can discuss something to do with the case.

Have fun.

I dont think anyone is suggesting that his starsign made him a murderer, just discussing another aspect of him and his life. Just like we discussed Helen's life and her love for Boris prompting people to post pics of their pets, i dont have any pets myself so didnt contribute to that discussion.

Hello everybody
Several days ago I posted my email of complaint to the Times about their piece on 23 February stating that Helen had stopped IS taking Zoplicone, which as we all knew was a lie of IS's to support his claim that she then took it herself.
I have just received an email from their feedback editor saying:
"Thank you for your email, and for your attention to the detail of our report. We have amended the article online to take your comments into account."
As I haven't got a subscription I can't check that!

I've just realised that I've been spelling Zopiclone 'Zoplicone' - the Times person was polite enough not to point that out in her reply!

Probably a dumb suggestion. If he was christened/baptised there should be parish records and a lot of old ones are now on line. I still think it's likely to be a pay thing plus a huge stab in the dark/dig through a haystack as to where the event would have taken place.

Has anyone checked out old electoral registers? I know a lot of them now have the option to keep personal details private but sometimes old ones (previous address in Bassingbourn) might show something up - although I suspect it would just be the year of birth/age anyhow. Sigh. Not a lot of use really - but I would bake and donate the chocolate pie if you wish! x

It's highly unlikely that his baptism record (if any) would be on line. Too recent. The register might even still be in use at the church.

Electoral registers don't show ages.

As Belgarion says, the GRO birth indexes do not give dates of birth. Where you do find DOBs is on the death registration indexes after a certain date, but not before the 1970s I think.

Your best chance of a source is someone who knew Helen, like Hunkerdown.

Or, of course, someone who knows him ...... wasn't there a poster who was at school with him?

I've just realised that I've been spelling Zopiclone 'Zoplicone' - the Times person was polite enough not to point that out in her reply!

I've done that too! Every. Single. Time.

Hi I have got an Ancestry subscription. Have recently renewed it. I will have a look. What area was he born in please?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thank you for offering, but it seems to be offending other posters x

I tried to find a record of him at Companies House because 192 cited that as a reference for him alongside the electoral roll but no joy. Why did he have to have such a common name?!

(No interest in astrology either but I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to this kind of info!)

Would one of the court reporting journos on Royston Crow or Cam News who were attending last year in early stages have his date of birth on file?

Thank you for offering, but it seems to be offending other posters x

One poster has said that they don't think there is any value in discussing star signs.
Nobody has indicated that they are offended.

Squamous I'm a dog with a bone as well! But he's gone now, none of us need worry about him any more. I expect his parents and sons will visit. His parents commented on his arrest 'Everyone's twisting everything' so I doubt they can believe their blue eyed boy's guilty! I would have expected the sons to offer some sorrowful comments but no. As I said I think they were like their father in a lot of ways, expecting to be looked after by Helen too.

Astrology was introduced by me when I said I was left-handed like Helen, and a Leo. I then added a friendly note saying I was curious about the Zodiac signs of others in this group on WS.
It was only an innocent question and I didn't expect to analyse IS's character through this.
But smiling that I guessed him to be a Scorpio - after learning his DOB was in the 4th quarter.

Sorry now that I opened up a 'can of worms' within our dedicated, lovely WS.:blushing:

Squamous I'm a dog with a bone as well! But he's gone now, none of us need worry about him any more. I expect his parents and sons will visit. His parents commented on his arrest 'Everyone's twisting everything' so I doubt they can believe their blue eyed boy's guilty! I would have expected the sons to offer some sorrowful comments but no. As I said I think they were like their father in a lot of ways, expecting to be looked after by Helen too.

Their reaction as parents was natural, but a great deal has emerged since he was arrested, so they may have accepted the truth by now.

As for the sons, we were told that the elder son had not visited him at all. I don't see him making a habit of it now.

I'm not convinced that they "expected to be looked after by Helen". There was a cleaner to keep the place clean and tidy, and I'm sure they are capable of feeding themselves.

I'm new to the forum, so you have almost certainly discussed this already, but I wanted to ask people's opinions about the Guardian article that appeared last May and what it tells us about the police investigation: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...issing-mystery-disappearance-childrens-author

First of all, the person in charge of the case at that time was Chief Inspector Julie Wheatley. Does anyone know when Jerome Kent took over? Am just curious.

The other question is: how much do you reckon the police knew at the time of that interview? Because I read it at the time and remember thinking that they had all the information they needed to give them the answer. She didn't take her car, no taxi drivers remembered taking her anywhere and the CCTV at the train station showed she hadn't taken a train. So she couldn't have got very far. She hadn't used her phone or her bank card, which strongly suggests she wasn't alive. If she'd met with an accident or killed herself, they'd have either found the body or Boris would have reappeared, so that strongly suggests she'd been murdered, along with her dog. None of that was difficult to figure out.

I couldn't work out from the article whether they were genuinely puzzled (Wheatley kept repeating how "mystifying" it all was) or putting on an act. When Amelia Gentleman asked whether the note was handwritten or typed, Wheatley refused to say, which made me think at the time that the police suspected the note was forged. Of course there was never any note, so they must - surely - have had a strong idea it was him. She didn't say: "We haven't seen the note". Why? Presumably she was holding back the fact that they didn't believe Stewart's story, i.e. they were letting him think they believed the story about the note.

But I still wonder what they hoped to achieve by giving an interview in which all they did was talk about how mystified they were.

Like I said, you've probably all discussed this already but I was interested.

Hi JudgeM

It was early days that MIT took over so Wheatley must be with them.
The date's in one of the days of testimony , something like end of April.

He wasn't officially declared a suspect until late June ( 2 months after the dog alerts) but yes I think most of us reading between the lines of the Guardian piece in May 2015, felt that it was suggestive, of having a suspect in mind and applying pressure.
It seemed that way to me and I def won't be the only one.

I can only think that they were trying to put some pressure on him at same time as hoping for witnesses - I don't know - waiting for him to make a move?

12 days before that was published he refused a search and he had engaged a whole raft of psychiatric services.
Almost a whole month before, he'd denied getting into HB's accounts to change standing orders on apr 11th.
So they must have been very suspicious. Maybe it's also a case of what retired DCI(?) Shotton said on C5 - police have to observe certain protocols until there is more evidence, with loved ones of Misper cases etc.
he was also saying that he was mentally and physically fragile etc

Astrology was introduced by me when I said I was left-handed like Helen, and a Leo. I then added a friendly note saying I was curious about the Zodiac signs of others in this group on WS.
It was only an innocent question and I didn't expect to analyse IS's character through this.
But smiling that I guessed him to be a Scorpio - after learning his DOB was in the 4th quarter.

Sorry now that I opened up a 'can of worms' within our dedicated, lovely WS.:blushing:

Not at all Joely. No need to apologise. I have an interest in astrology - the real science that is, not the basic sun sign character ( which is only a small part of stuff ) or heaven forbid, the newspaper forecasts - and I find it extremely accurate.

Each to their own as the saying goes.

That's funny [emoji3] Annoyingly, when searching something about him, I've typed Ian Bailey, so many times! [emoji13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13