GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the book she reveals that the first "date" she went on with IS led to the sobbing in taxi incident in this entry. She had been meeting him to walk the dog for a while beforehand though. It was all very soon after she lost JS.

http://planetgrief.com/2011/10/

Sadly I'm going to have to give myself a ban from the site this week, to catch up on work. I will have to try to catch up with posts in the evenings. :cry:

I`ll miss you too. You`re not an accountant are you:)

The word 'sanctuary' seems the antithesis of a talk of a loss of a beautiful woman. But Sanctuary it is. I only knew of Helen through Dachshund groups on FB. And a particular relationship where one of my close friends had spent lots of time with Helen, after John S died. And another who was the Breeder of Boris. I became involved. I heard on Woman's Hour of the release of Helen's Book - and bought it - and then searched through Planet Grief - and our chance to leave loving comments in her memory before they closed this site.
I was lost - wondering about 'not guilty' from IS .. and couldn't ever leave this matter alone. I found through Web Sleuths - a place of comfort to know Helen is not alone - and we are not alone in our horror of her stolen life. (Comfort and Joy go closely together in Biblical terms). I know we cannot change the outcome of this trial but to be able to be part of a 'jury' and friend of Helen has been such a blessing - especially thankful to all of this group who have been there from the beginning and watched every step towards love and Justice for Helen x

Squamous, I understand you being interested in this case as I too needed to hear that other people have an opinion on this awful heartbreaking matter but can I just suggest you don't choose a word like 'joy' when describing how you felt when you discovered this site as it doesn't belong in such a sad situation.

And probably not a good idea to use your very first post to put down a forum member.

Squamous, I take your point and I can see that you feel for her and Boris. Didn't mean to offend honestly. 🌺
I find it all really upsetting on so many levels, the tragic death of JS, her grief, getting tricked by this awful person who had no respect for her and her precious beloved dog and then their lives being taken away. I hope the police look into the death of his wife. It's all a nightmare.
I read her book about the loss of her husband and really liked her and have two dogs I adore so I'm sensitive about this case.

Hello everyone! (I'm a first time poster btw)

What has really been troubling me about the search for poor Helen is the fact that the police drained the obvious septic tank -- the one visible in the lawn, around which IS claimed to mow without being curious as to what it actually was . . . !!!!! -- on 21 APRIL. If the police had known about the other "secret" cesspit, this means that Helen would have been discovered much sooner and her distraught family would not have been tortured for a further three months . . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-dogs-home-author-51-missing-two-weeks.html

If the neighbour's daughter had not informed the police of the existence of the "hidden" cesspit/well under the garage floor, in JULY, it is possible that IS could have "got away" with his heinous crimes for considerably longer than he did.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/author-helen-baileys-body-discovered-8439893

I note that although the neighbour's daughter gave her name to the press, the neighbour herself did not wish to be named. She may not have wanted to appear in court as a witness -- quite understandably -- and so, it would appear that the police have taken the credit for finding the "secret" "hidden" cesspit.

Yet, it does not make sense that they would "task" this for later investigation when they had equipment on site which was used for draining the initial septic tank in APRIL.

I still am at a bit of a loss as to how Helen's awful situation came about. I suppose a big part is that I can't believe her to have been totally duped by someone who had no interest in her from the start. My thoughts go more along a line of the relationship having run its course but neither partner being able to face the fresh grief of a messy separation. It takes a bit of a jump from that though to think that IS just thought "I'll bump her off instead" though.

I wish there was a way of making him tell the truth. I guess we haven't heard his version of events yet. To me though Nick and Joe sound more like *advertiser censored* and Bull.

Hi folks, does anybody know what time the trial begins tomorrow at St Albans Crown Court? (Monday).

On the tank, I think the neighbour is taking undue credit rather than the police but maybe I have too much faith in the police! I certainly don't think the police noticed the tank hatch in April but they did notice it on the second search but had a delay while they got it open in accordance with whatever H&S/forensic rules they have to follow.

Totally agree though that it it had been noticed/drained in April it would have been much better all round. I should imagine the police share this frustration. It also incriminates IS in him not bringing it up during the first search and also denying all knowledge of the obvious tank. A bit like him saying "I don't know why the garage is open" at the moment they re-arrested him.

Hi folks, does anybody know what time the trial begins tomorrow at St Albans Crown Court? (Monday).

Hi Lit Up and :wagon:

Trial is listed for 10am tomorrow............

although there is another preliminary hearing showing for 2.15pm in same court, so it may be a half day only tomorrow

And is LE Law Enforcement? I've been playing guess the acronym!

And is LE Law Enforcement? I've been playing guess the acronym!

We generally just say "police" on the UK threads :) Keeps it simple

Snap Alyce!
I'm not a fan of using abbreviations and initials - it can make things very hard to follow.

We shouldn't be dragging up info about his family, his late wifes death is not part of this trial and unless it should be questioned by the law then I feel it should be off limits.

We often get family, of both victims and the accused reading here and we need to be mindful of that too.

I agree. It didn't sound to me like the operator had any idea what type of dog a dachshund was.

Plus his description of where Broadstairs was !

Sadly, that's where our cops 'on the beat' so to speak let us down. Not the sharpest knives in the block, miss things and certainly freeze when faced with anything technical. Am allowed to say that due to personal experience.

The word 'sanctuary' seems the antithesis of a talk of a loss of a beautiful woman. But Sanctuary it is. I only knew of Helen through Dachshund groups on FB. And a particular relationship where one of my close friends had spent lots of time with Helen, after John S died. And another who was the Breeder of Boris. I became involved. I heard on Woman's Hour of the release of Helen's Book - and bought it - and then searched through Planet Grief - and our chance to leave loving comments in her memory before they closed this site.
I was lost - wondering about 'not guilty' from IS .. and couldn't ever leave this matter alone. I found through Web Sleuths - a place of comfort to know Helen is not alone - and we are not alone in our horror of her stolen life. (Comfort and Joy go closely together in Biblical terms). I know we cannot change the outcome of this trial but to be able to be part of a 'jury' and friend of Helen has been such a blessing - especially thankful to all of this group who have been there from the beginning and watched every step towards love and Justice for Helen x

Me too.

Sadly, that's where our cops 'on the beat' so to speak let us down. Not the sharpest knives in the block, miss things and certainly freeze when faced with anything technical. Am allowed to say that due to personal experience.

That's not really fair, I'm not sure they're actual officers that take the 101 calls. But, had I not known Helen's dog was a Dachshund, when he said he was a 'daksund' I'm not sure I would have realised he meant a 'dashhound' as that's what I have always known them as. Or a sausage dog :)

That's not really fair, I'm not sure they're actual officers that take the 101 calls. But, had I not known Helen's dog was a Dachshund, when he said he was a 'daksund' I'm not sure I would have realised he meant a 'dashhound' as that's what I have always known them as. Or a sausage dog :)

. I wasn't criticising the operator for not knowing what breed of dog a dachshund is, she is not expected to be an expert on everything.
My irritation was with IS.... It sounded as though the operator was unsure, and he could have helped by saying sausage dog, as most people would understand that reference, or otherwise he could have described Boris so that she could understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme