GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he turned it off first thing, it seems it then wasn't activated again till the evening.

SO pretending that IS story is true...... He goes about his daily tasks thinking she is home till the evening.

She leaves the house at around 3pm KNOWING he isn't home and DOESN'T set the alarm.

IS comes back at 5pm or whenever it is and finds note, he leaves again and SETS ALARM.

to me this is quite obvious that she never left the house. We all know she didn't anyway but this is good evidence.

IS departs at 5.30pm for bowls But, at this point OS is still at the house ( doesnt need to depart to cadets until 6.30pm)

So it would be OS who would set the alarm - but wouldnt he have to check first to make sure if Helen was at home or not ?
Otherwise if he sets it with Helen at home, she would then set it off.

Oops. I guess that would correspond with the day he reported her missing rather than when she disappeared.

Very odd isnt it. Even if he is trying to say he didnt think of her as missing until he made the police report, it is still odd to set Friday as the date.

Kate added a tweet, just to clarify for those following( not us of course ! ) who might not be aware of dates

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 8m8 minutes ago

#helenbailey (cont) HB disappeared the previous Monday 11th April

IS departs at 5.30pm for bowls But, at this point OS is still at the house ( doesnt need to depart to cadets until 6.30pm)

So it would be OS who would set the alarm - but wouldnt he have to check first to make sure if Helen was at home or not ?
Otherwise if he sets it with Helen at home, she would then set it off.

YES. He must have known she wasn't home then. They need to clarify details of the alarm use in more details. Whoever is posting on news site is making a hash of it.

Who's there from this site? Hope you're taking notes! Hehe [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know if Helen spoke to anybody in person on the morning of April 11th or was it all text/email communication.

The reason I ask is that IS could pretend to be Helen online to manipulate a timeline. For example maybe she actually died late Sunday evening but IS realises it'd be more suspicious for her to vanish overnight.. IS then logs into her laptop/ipad and responds to emails as her Monday morning to make it seem she's still alive and only turns them off when somebody mentions ringing Helen later or actually does try to ring.

Not that it makes any difference in the long run anyway

bumping this back up IS 's testimony
“On the evening of April 11, 2016, I would’ve been attending cadets as that is a usual occurrence for a Monday and a Wednesday.

“I would’ve gone home to change. I did see dad, it was a brief conversation because dad knows my Monday night routine.

“It was normal. Everything was normal. I didn’t see Helen or the dog.

“Usually I would be home at 10pm, but this night was different and I was delayed coming home. I got home about 11.30pm, and I didn’t see anyone.”

Dad wasn't complaining of any injury', says second son

Re. the alarm. If Helen was dead and IS left the house doing one of his headless checken errands before putting her in the cesspit, possibly Boris was still alive at that point so he couldn't set the alarm as Boris might activate it. Harry the Spider sometimes sets our motion detectors off if I don't flick the sensors with a feather duster regularly!

Do we know if Helen spoke to anybody in person on the morning of April 11th or was it all text/email communication.

The reason I ask is that IS could pretend to be Helen online to manipulate a timeline. For example maybe she actually died late Sunday evening but IS realises it'd be more suspicious for her to vanish overnight.. IS then logs into her laptop/ipad and responds to emails as her Monday morning to make it seem she's still alive and only turns them off when somebody mentions ringing Helen later or actually does try to ring.

Not that it makes any difference in the long run anyway

I very much doubt he could emulate her writing. Her friends would be suspicious immediately. I doubt he types fast either. She probably could touch type.

YES. He must have known she wasn't home then. They need to clarify details of the alarm use in more details. Whoever is posting on news site is making a hash of it.

I agree. The reporting is rather muddled at times today.
Not sure but I think it's the court reporter who provides the updates to the press, as when we have more than one msm reporting, they all post exactly the same text.
In which case, I wonder if it's a different court reporter today.

But we don't know how regularly H or IS set the alarm anyway... Maybe they both often forgot to set it, or didn't bother setting it if they were only popping out for a short time. Unless the prosecution can show that Helen always religiously set the alarm before she went out but IS sometimes didn't bother, I don't find this evidence very compelling.

Except, of course, that if Nick and Joe had been coming round demanding paperwork and assaulting IS you would expect him to be more security-conscious and always set the alarm.

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 3m3 minutes ago

#helenbailey Healthcare assistant Caroline Faillettaz: IS appeared "anxious" during appointment 18 April

Boris and the alarm confuses me too. Surely Boris would be home alone quite a lot? That said, my friend's cat doesn't set their alarm off so maybe it's clever enough to tell the difference.

But we don't know how regularly H or IS set the alarm anyway... Maybe they both often forgot to set it, or didn't bother setting it if they were only popping out for a short time. Unless the prosecution can show that Helen always religiously set the alarm before she went out but IS sometimes didn't bother, I don't find this evidence very compelling.

Except, of course, that if Nick and Joe had been coming round demanding paperwork and assaulting IS you would expect him to be more security-conscious and always set the alarm.

IF according to IS she was leaving for broad stairs and knew she wasn't coming back it's unlikely to me she would not set that alarm. She cared too much about the family I think to be careless like that....

I very much doubt he could emulate her writing. Her friends would be suspicious immediately. I doubt he types fast either. She probably could touch type.

I agree. I dont think IS has anywhere near the capabilities to be able to copy Helen's style. Plus she was talking ( email ) at one point to her very close friend. I think she ( the friend ) would have known immediately if it was not Helen.

Yes tweet Josh snoopy. tell him - no lunch until he updates the alarm testimony. ;)

Boris and the alarm confuses me too. Surely Boris would be home alone quite a lot? That said, my friend's cat doesn't set their alarm off so maybe it's clever enough to tell the difference.

Ha ha...my cats are the same. It's a height thing ( well it is with our alarm ) and unless our cats climb up quite high ( it has been known ) they cant set off the triggers.

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 3m3 minutes ago

#helenbailey Helen & Ian Stewart's cleaner is on the stand speaking through a Portuguese interpreter

yeah ! this will hopefully be interesting

I agree. The reporting is rather muddled at times today.
Not sure but I think it's the court reporter who provides the updates to the press, as when we have more than one msm reporting, they all post exactly the same text.
In which case, I wonder if it's a different court reporter today.

It's quite possible a news agency reporter supplying copy to several media outlets. That's exactly the work I used to do in the Midlands. The court stenographer is only there to provide the legal record not for the press.

I know the stuff about reporting directly from court has changed since my day (we had to leave the court to send copy, now I think they can electronically update from court can't they? We didn't have mobiles and laptops in my day - I'm ancient hehe). However in my day members of the public were not allowed to take notes or anything, only confirmed press were able to do that. That may have changed too? Sure Lit and or Michelle can answer me that :)

Chloe Keedy ‏@ChloeKeedyITV 1m1 minute ago

Cleaner Vania Puebiosa who worked for Helen Bailey + Ian Stewart takes stand. Speaking via Portugese interpreter

Boris was definitely shorter than your average cat so perhaps it's the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member