GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was IS obsessed at both properties with the cleaners not to change the bedding?

I thought I was getting mixed up and that it must have been the Royston cleaner rather than the Broadstairs cleaner who'd mentioned not changing the bedding. Was it both?

Why was IS obsessed at both properties with the cleaners not to change the bedding?

This is probably not the reason in this case, but my friend who lost her partner (and knew both IS and HB from the Merry Widows group) didn't change her bedding for several years, couldn't bear to wash him off the bedclothes.

ETA; She didn't sleep in the bed either. Just realised I made her sound like a total minger :D

[FONT=&quot]12:53[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]'Helen always emptied the waste paper bin'[/h]Mr Russell Flint, defending: “The text that was sent - was that the first time you had had contact with Mr Ian?”
Ms Puebiosa: “Yes, by text message it was.
Mr Russell Flint, defending: “There were no clothes from Mrs Helen to iron that day. Waste paper bin upstairs had not been emptied?”
Ms Puebiosa: “Yes. Mrs Helen always emptied the waste paper bin. I’ve never had to do that.”
Mr Russell Flint: “Do people often tidy up before you come to the house?
Ms Puebiosa says she wouldn’t know.
[/FONT]

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-jury-12538102

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 3m3 minutes ago

#helenbailey Cleaner tells court on 13/4 Ian Stewart "Told me there's no need to make bed, I understood he'd already made it

#helenbailey Cleaner tells court the green bedspread missing on 13/4 was never seen again

ooooh. I have just come up with something.

So I just took 2 paracetamols IN CAPSULES. I've had zopiclone before, they're pretty small so I just had the thought when seeing the capsule size that you could probably get a decent dose of zopiclone into those capsules.

ANYWAY. What if he couldn't set a day for the murder, WHAT IF, he has to wait till she has a headache and ASKS HIM to bring her some painkillers. This would explain why it seems he didn't plan it for this day and it's all done short notice, e.g cancelling the docs at the last min. It would also explain why she conked out when his parents were there, she might not have fallen asleep had she not had a headache!

there was paracetamol found in her system as well remember.....

I thought I was getting mixed up and that it must have been the Royston cleaner rather than the Broadstairs cleaner who'd mentioned not changing the bedding. Was it both?

I think it was just the Royston cleaner.

My take is he said dont change the bedding because he had just done it on the Monday, so no need 2 days later to change again.

maybe we have anomalies with reporting as

VP asked if she saw bedding hanging in the dining room drying. She tells court yes + this was unusual - Helen put things in tumble dryer

[video=twitter;826775952613076994]https://twitter.com/ChloeKeedyITV/status/826775952613076994[/video]

[FONT=&amp]13:02[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Green bed spread

Mr Russell Flint, defending: “Had he just made the bed or changed the sheets?”
Ms Puebiosa: “I understood he had changed the bed.”
Mr Russell Flint, defending: “How good is your English?”
Ms Puebiosa: “I understand a little but he used to speak clearly for me. Helen used to do that as well.”
Mr Russell Flint, defending: “I think you noticed Helen had a number of t-shirts which were stripey?”
Ms Puebiosa: “I’ve ironed some of her striped t-shirts.”
Mr Russell Flint, defending: “Do you remember what colour those t-shirts were?”
Ms Puebiosa: “I remember there was one with a blue stripe. I can’t recall well if there was one with a red stripe as well.”
Judge: “You said the green bed spread usually on the bed was not there. Did you see it again?”
Ms Puebiosa: “No”.
Judge: “Did you carry on cleaning there?”
Ms Puebiosa: “Yes. I worked there until recently.”

[/FONT]

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-jury-12538102

Hm, that is confusing. The Cambridge feed looks like clothes went in the dryer and the bedding hung out.

If IS could change the bedding on a double/king size bed then I don't think he can claim he was much incapacitated, I struggle to do it on a good day.

I am loving the disappearing green bedspread...is that what went to the dump.

Also, what a weird text.

I really, really dislike this man.

I don't understand why jamie would be activating the alarm first thing, when others are still inside. All seems odd/unclear including reporting of this

Jamie Stewart would deactivate the alarm - after it had been on overnight - I think.

@This is probably not the reason in this case, but my friend who lost her partner (and knew both IS and HB from the Merry Widows group) didn't change her bedding for several years, couldn't bear to wash him off the bedclothes.

ETA; She didn't sleep in the bed either. Just realised I made her sound like a total minger
biggrin.gif
' <quote

Yeah, IS did change it though, between the monday and the cleaner coming on the Wednesday, this doesn't indicate someone who is grieving the loss of his missing partner to me at all. Nope, he was very busy that week....

this was supposed to have a quote before it.... ugh

I hope Josh is going to announce a lunch break soon. Getting updates from him is like pulling teeth.

Prosecution: “The light green bed spread was usually on the bed. Not there that day?”
Ms Puebiosa: “No - only the eiderdown.”

Kate Bradbrook &#8207;@katebradbrook 1m1 minute ago
#helenbailey Cleaner tells court on 13/4 light green eiderdown missing from Helen & Ian's bed. Said IS talked "normally

Kate Bradbrook &#8207;@katebradbrook 3m3 minutes ago
#helenbailey Cleaner tells court the green bedspread missing on 13/4 was never seen again

Just to clarify, the BIB seems to be wrong. It was a light green bedspread that was missing, not an eiderdown.

I honestly hadn't imagined he killed her upstairs( eg. on a bedspread ) due to it being more difficult for him to carry her down but equally am not 100% if her workstation/computer that morning was upstairs or downstairs.
anyone know?

Just to clarify, the BIB seems to be wrong. It was a light green bedspread that was missing, not an eiderdown.

Agree. I was finding it puzzling that they had a bedspread and an eiderdown

[FONT=&quot]13:09[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]Lunchtime[/h]The court has adjourned for lunch. The blog will be running again in approximately an hour.
[/FONT]

I'm liking the Judge asking questions about the missing bedspread.

ooooh. I have just come up with something.

So I just took 2 paracetamols IN CAPSULES. I've had zopiclone before, they're pretty small so I just had the thought when seeing the capsule size that you could probably get a decent dose of zopiclone into those capsules.

ANYWAY. What if he couldn't set a day for the murder, WHAT IF, he has to wait till she has a headache and ASKS HIM to bring her some painkillers. This would explain why it seems he didn't plan it for this day and it's all done short notice, e.g cancelling the docs at the last min. It would also explain why she conked out when his parents were there, she might not have fallen asleep had she not had a headache!

there was paracetamol found in her system as well remember.....

The hair analysis showed prolonged use of zoplicone though rather than a single dose which makes me think she was taking it more regularly than you would headache tablets. Plus the dose where she'd fallen asleep for 5 hours that she mentioned to her mother she never mentioned having a headache or having just taken anything for it before she fell to sleep, as you might do if you were trying to work out why you'd fallen asleep. Morning headaches are quite unusual too I guess.

So I think it's possible that he had to wait till she had a headache but more likely that he was either putting it in her herbal/vitamin supplements or in her powdered tea.

I honestly hadn't imagined he killed her upstairs( eg. on a bedspread ) due to it being more difficult for him to carry her down but equally am not 100% if her workstation/computer that morning was upstairs or downstairs.
anyone know?

Just looking at the floor plans again

There's a study room shown on the ground floor, then 5 bedrooms on the first floor ( one of which could have been used as her office/study )

I think she was on her Ipad - and possibly also texting - so could have been downstairs on sofa, or even in bed.
But the fact that she was fully dressed, indicates she was up and about.

I would think that if she was in her office/study she would more likely use her PC /Mac

But then, if she became drowsy, she could have gone back upstairs for a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl