GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I dont think IS has anywhere near the capabilities to be able to copy Helen's style. Plus she was talking ( email ) at one point to her very close friend. I think she ( the friend ) would have known immediately if it was not Helen.

he had a bash at it though, Jamie seems to say, enough for JS not to recognise his own Dad's writing:

A note at the house said ‘Gone to Broadstairs. Ring me. Love you xx’ I thought that was Helen’s scrawling writing, it turns out this was a note Dad had written in case Helen came back while he was in Broadstairs.”

But we don't know how regularly H or IS set the alarm anyway... Maybe they both often forgot to set it, or didn't bother setting it if they were only popping out for a short time. Unless the prosecution can show that Helen always religiously set the alarm before she went out but IS sometimes didn't bother, I don't find this evidence very compelling.

Except, of course, that if Nick and Joe had been coming round demanding paperwork and assaulting IS you would expect him to be more security-conscious and always set the alarm.

They seem to be comparing April 11th's use to the use on other days so must have some historical data to look at. Can't they just ask one of the sons now who had which key fob?

I want to see the data too!!

[FONT=&quot]DC Stewart: “From memory, April 11 [the alarm] had no real usage during the day. Only some in the morning and again in early evening. It didn’t correspond with people leaving the house. Other days it’s going on and off.”[/FONT]

he had a bash at it though, Jamie seems to say, enough for JS not to recognise his own Dad's writing:

Yes I agree re the handwriting...he definately seems to have had a good go there...but I doubt he could copy Helen's chatty, friendly style when she is on line, chatting back and forth with a very close friend

I agree. The reporting is rather muddled at times today.
Not sure but I think it's the court reporter who provides the updates to the press, as when we have more than one msm reporting, they all post exactly the same text.
In which case, I wonder if it's a different court reporter today.

It is. Someone called Josh, who as I said earlier, is not half as good as Tara. Don't even know what colour shirt IS is wearing today! :p

Yes I agree re the handwriting...he definately seems to have had a good go there...but I doubt he could copy Helen's chatty, friendly style, particularly when she was back and forth chatting on line ( and text ) with one her very close pals

...yes his spelling is surely an obstacle but think he's generally adept at affecting diff personas as per blog comments, appeals wordings.

Josh Thomas is the political correspondent for Cambridge News, not a stringer.

It is. Someone called Josh, who as I said earlier, is not half as good as Tara. Don't even know what colour shirt IS is wearing today! :p

No I dont mean Josh from Cambridge News. I mean the person working from the court who provides the updates to the press and gives them the feed that they can print ( or in this case post on the blog )

From Neteditors post

It's quite possible a news agency reporter supplying copy to several media outlets. That's exactly the work I used to do in the Midlands. The court stenographer is only there to provide the legal record not for the press.

But we don't know how regularly H or IS set the alarm anyway... Maybe they both often forgot to set it, or didn't bother setting it if they were only popping out for a short time. Unless the prosecution can show that Helen always religiously set the alarm before she went out but IS sometimes didn't bother, I don't find this evidence very compelling.

Except, of course, that if Nick and Joe had been coming round demanding paperwork and assaulting IS you would expect him to be more security-conscious and always set the alarm.

BIB

If you fail to set the alarm it will negate one's insurance policy so I am sure it would have been automatic for both of them to set it if the house was unoccupied.

[FONT=&quot]12:41[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]'He was normal'[/h]Regarding, April 13, 2016, Ms Puebiosa said: “I got there a bit late about 11am. Mr Ian answered the door. He was normal, speaking normally.”
A text message is read out to the court that Stewart sent to Ms Puebiosa: “Hi this is Ian from Baldock Road. Are you coming today - ok if you are not coming Helen is away. That is why I am contacting you.”
Ms Puebiosa: “I asked if it was alright if I did the cleaning. He said it was alright.”
[/FONT]

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-jury-12538102

I very much doubt he could emulate her writing. Her friends would be suspicious immediately. I doubt he types fast either. She probably could touch type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF according to IS she was leaving for broad stairs and knew she wasn't coming back it's unlikely to me she would not set that alarm. She cared too much about the family I think to be careless like that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends what the replies were like that day I suppose. If they were long, well written and amusing they would clearly have been written by Helen but having corresponded with her via text from the start of their relationship he could probably manage short replies in Helen's style.

Occam's razor probably applies here though. More likely that it was Helen than him.

It's quite possible a news agency reporter supplying copy to several media outlets. That's exactly the work I used to do in the Midlands. The court stenographer is only there to provide the legal record not for the press.

I know the stuff about reporting directly from court has changed since my day (we had to leave the court to send copy, now I think they can electronically update from court can't they? We didn't have mobiles and laptops in my day - I'm ancient hehe). However in my day members of the public were not allowed to take notes or anything, only confirmed press were able to do that. That may have changed too? Sure Lit and or Michelle can answer me that :)

Thanks. ... When I said court reporter, I meant a reporter at the court who provides copy to the press, but I was trying to distinguish them from the msm reporters ( such as Cambridge News ) who are providing the feed on their blog.
I just wasnt choosing my words too clearly I guess but I didnt mean the court stenographer as I know from pals who do/did that work, what their job is.

[FONT=&quot]12:46[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][h=3]'He told me not to change the bedding'[/h]Ms Puebiosa: “He told me not to change the bedding because he had already done that. Mrs Helen’s clothing [was upstairs on wash basket] some of her clothes like t-shirt, trousers all on top of the basket.
“There was never any clothes on top of the basket. She would put it in the basket.
“There was bedding drying in the dining room. Clothes usually dried in the dryer.
“Mr Ian had made the bed. I don’t know whether it was freshly done but it had been done. “
[/FONT]

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-jury-12538102

Josh Thomas is the political correspondent for Cambridge News, not a stringer.

O/T but an agency reporter is not a stringer. A stringer is a journalist contracted to a daily newspaper to work a particular region. They don't supply copy to anyone except their paper. In my ancient old days, often the stringer phoned the agency and got us to do the work, which they then claimed as their own and supplied in to their editor. Usually they did this when they had failed to get the story themselves first.

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 1m1 minute ago

#helenbailey Cleaner Vania Puebiosa tells court Helen always emptied waste paper bin but on 13/4 it needed to be emptied

#helenbailey Cleaner tells court on 13/4 light green eiderdown missing from Helen & Ian's bed. Said IS talked "normally

Thanks. ... When I said court reporter, I meant a reporter at the court who provides copy to the press, but I was trying to distinguish them from the msm reporters ( such as Cambridge News ) who are providing the feed on their blog.
I just wasnt choosing my words too clearly I guess but I didnt mean the court stenographer as I know from pals who do/did that work, what their job is.

:) Just making sure everyone knows the difference.

Why was IS obsessed at both properties with the cleaners not to change the bedding?

[FONT=&amp]12:46[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]'He told me not to change the bedding'

Ms Puebiosa: “He told me not to change the bedding because he had already done that. Mrs Helen’s clothing [was upstairs on wash basket] some of her clothes like t-shirt, trousers all on top of the basket.
“There was never any clothes on top of the basket. She would put it in the basket.
“There was bedding drying in the dining room. Clothes usually dried in the dryer.
“Mr Ian had made the bed. I don’t know whether it was freshly done but it had been done. “
[/FONT]

Don't change the bedding?

Is it because she would notice other bedding had disappeared when she went to wherever the bedding was kept? Or that something else was different? No time to replace whatever bedding he'd thrown away at the tip?

ETA aha yes , well spotted Vania!

#helenbailey Cleaner tells court on 13/4 light green eiderdown missing from Helen & Ian's bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member