GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She must have seen him on March 25th not the 5th. He had his op on 18th.

12:05
Health worker pleased with Stewart's progress

Michelle adds: “The next time I came to contact with him was on April 7 at the Bassingbourn surgery. “This was an appointment for a dressing change. “At this time he said he was feeling better from the surgery and the wound was not sore. “I found Stewart was eager to know when his wound would heal, but I would expect this from a patient who had had this type of operation. “Stewart’s appearance appeared rough around the edges. “My next appointment was on April 14. I assessed Stewart’s wound, there was a stitch that was causing him to itch. “He was the same as previously. There was nothing concerning me. “He appeared to be normal in terms of his recovery. “He was looking slightly better each time I saw him, I was pleased with his progress. “I booked another appointment at the surgery for him on April 18.”

12:03
Ian Stewart was anxious about operation wound

A statement from healthcare assistant Michelle Reader is now being read. Michelle is employed at the Ashwell Surgery. In the statement, Michelle states: “I have been asked about my dealings with Stewart. “I’ve dealt with him on four occasions this year (2016). “The first appointment was on March 5 at the Bassingbourn surgery. “This was a late booked appointment, booked by him the same day. “I saw him to redress his wound after an operation. “I found him to be concerned and anxious about the wound, that it had got infected. “I asked Dr Howe to have a look and prescribe antibiotics. “Stewart was acting like any other patient. I made a follow up appointment on April 4.”

How many Ops has he had then ? his Lapro was not until March 18

Edit - snap Tortoise - date must be wrong of course

I'm invisaging some sort of girly faint or swoon... what did the Victorians call it? The vapours?

I keep my partner informed of what's happening on WS and was talking to her this morning about it...I also think he will create some kind of medical drama on the stand, a fainting fit or similar. Just his style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not related, but watched this earlier tonight. Very interesting to see the solicitor putting her defense together, and how they were planning to handle the prosecution. You saw her from start to trial, no courtroom but left you wondering how jury would go. Worth catching if you can.

The Accused viewers blast a mother found GUILTY of child cruelty http://dailym.ai/2kkFP14

GT Stewart (@GTStewartSols) tweeted at 5:43 PM on Mon, Feb 06, 2017:
See the Criminal Justice System through the eyes of a defendant & their lawyers-we're featured in The Accused,tonight @ 9pm on @channel5_tv

GT Stewart (@GTStewartSols) tweeted at 11:17 PM on Mon, Feb 06, 2017:
Hope everyone enjoyed the insight into the criminal justice system and don't miss the next episode of #theaccused

Just catching up. Had visitors and figured it would be rude to ignore them and follow ther trial instead lol.

I watched this last night and really thought she'd have soem kind of medical defence and be found not guilty as she seemed to be under his spell. Really interesting viewing if anyone fancied watching it on catchup

12:08
Stewart told health worker 'I just want her back'

On April 21 I saw Stewart again, I asked him how he was. “He said he was alright under the circumstances, then he went to the couch and started to lay down and opened his shirt so I could look at his wound. He lifted his arm over his eyes and started to rock his head side to side and say ‘I just want her back, I’m not sleeping, police keep asking me all these questions but i just can’t remember anything. There were no tears and his voice was very wavery. “I said I’m sure Helen would be back soon. “I then dealt with his dressings, but he removed his arm from his eyes and I could see there were no tears or signs of crying. That was the end of the outburst.”

12:08
Stewart told health worker 'I just want her back'

On April 21 I saw Stewart again, I asked him how he was. “He said he was alright under the circumstances, then he went to the couch and started to lay down and opened his shirt so I could look at his wound. He lifted his arm over his eyes and started to rock his head side to side and say ‘I just want her back, I’m not sleeping, police keep asking me all these questions but i just can’t remember anything. There were no tears and his voice was very wavery. “I said I’m sure Helen would be back soon. “I then dealt with his dressings, but he removed his arm from his eyes and I could see there were no tears or signs of crying. That was the end of the outburst.”

His acting skills weren't quite up to par then...

Wonder if he was recycling his wife's ring. I wouldn't put it past him.

Hey, that was exactly what I was thinking! If he's the sociopath he is assumed to be, no emotion or sentimental value would be attached to it, and he would certainly resent the thought of wasting it, or wasting money on a new one! Since he's evidently evil enough to do what he has done, he would probably even got some sort of macabre kick out of doing that.

12:11
Drug was prescription only

A statement is now being read from Mark Piper, who gave evidence previously and made the statement on January 24 after appearing in court. He said: “Zopiclone is a sedating hypnotic drug used in the short term treatment of insomnia. “It is a prescription only medication typically taken in a single nightly dose, in tablet form. “Long term continuous use is not advised. The tablet should be swallowed whole without chewing or breaking. “It’s effects on the central nervous system occur typically within one to two hours after use. “Zopiclone should not be prescribed to children or those under 18. “Due to the sedative properties of this medication consumption of alcohol is not recommended. “Combined use of zopiclone and other medicines like antidepressants is not recommended, due to the potential enhanced effects of the medication.”

How many Ops has he had then ? his Lapro was not until March 18

Edit - snap Tortoise - date must be wrong of course

think he had two Alyce. Addenbrokes was the second

ETA will check later

I'm reminded of Mick Philpott now! If Big Bean was genuinely distressed his partner had been taken by Joe and Nick there would have been tears and snot bubbles.

The big AHA! moment was the police finding Helen and Boris the Dog in the cess pit.

Especially as he has been caught lying that he didn't know about the cesspit "I just mow around it".
Yet we have heard evidence that he was present when it was routinely emptied.

Helen was always fond of taking her imagination for a wander into the afterlife, so with that in mind I hope she wouldn't mind me picturing her with Boris, sitting on a cloud with her laptop, wishing she could comment on this thread.

Oh Helen. How could he?

Well,
I do believe in an afterlife, and maybe some comfort from the thought that Helen is with her husband now, as well as Boris (since dogs make it there too - just don't ask me how I know that...) and our actions in the here and now DO count - little do sociopaths realize that!!!!

‘I just want her back, I’m not sleeping, police keep asking me all these questions but i just can’t remember anything. There were no tears and his voice was very wavery. “I said I’m sure Helen would be back soon. “I then dealt with his dressings, but he removed his arm from his eyes and I could see there were no tears or signs of crying.

This reminds me of Curry's evidence yesterday, she said he had put his head down in an attempt to cry. !!

“On April 4, there was a call made to Brocket Hall at 12.31pm, but then there was a gap in phone use of four hours until 4.25pm.
”
I think they're going to relate this to the periods when Helen was knocked out on Zopiclone?

Hmmm so he knocked her out straight after she called Brocket Hall.Interesting!

PATIENTS GIVEN WARNINGS BEFORE USING DRUG
“Precautions are given to individuals when they are prescribed it. “There is often a range of adverse effects listed in the use of zopiclone. “Adverse effects include a bitter taste, a dry mouth, difficulty rising in the morning, sleepiness, nausea. “Other references also detail a bitter or metallic taste in the mouth as a common adverse effect in Zopiclone. “The most common side effect is a ‘taste alteration/bitter taste’ which may affect 1/10 people. “Another study had also listed zopiclone as leading to ‘taste disturbances’. “Dysgersia is the distortion of the sense of taste. Zopiclone may cause this condition. “The bitter taste is not necessarily due to the taste of the tablet itself whilst in the mouth, it may be as a result of the zopiclone being excreted in the saliva, leading to the abnormal taste. “In some cases the taste may not be apparent due to the sedative effects taking place.”

His behaviour just doesn't tie in with how you would expect any normal person would if their partner was missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12:17
Zopiclone 'sedating hypnotic' drug

He concludes: “Zopiclone is a sedating hypnotic drug. The most common side effect is a bitter/metallic taste after congestion.” That’s the end of the statement.

“The bitter taste is not necessarily due to the taste of the tablet itself whilst in the mouth, it may be as a result of the zopiclone being excreted in the saliva, leading to the abnormal taste. “In some cases the taste may not be apparent due to the sedative effects taking place......“The most common side effect is a ‘taste alteration/bitter taste’ which may affect 1/10 people. ”

hallelujah - finally the bitter -on swallowing- theory has been largely resolved. Plus helen may not have had it all, 1/10...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersnooper001