GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12:37
Failed attempts to access account

Two failed attempts were made to set up a standing order to a Santander Account for £4,000, starting on May 1. After both these attempts failed, an amendment was made to an existing standing order. The original payment had been set up in january 2015. The amount was for £600 to be paid each month. At 1.34pm on April 11, the amount of this regular payment was amended from £600 to £4,000. All other details remained the same, i.e the next payment would have been on May 7, 2016. On April 15 the same computer submitted log in step one, using the surname Bailey, and her membership number. Log in step two was not attempted, so a full log in attempt was not made. Later at 9.19pm, another attempt at log in step one was made. The IP address for this also matched the Broadstairs address.

This is confusing me, how could the IP address be matching the broadstairs address? Have they made a mistake or did IS drive there and make the attempts? Totally conflicting information coming through now. I thought the attempt was when he was at the Chinese.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two failed attempts were made to set up a standing order to a Santander Account for £4,000, starting on May 1. After both these attempts failed, an amendment was made to an existing standing order. The original payment had been set up in january 2015. The amount was for £600 to be paid each month. At 1.34pm on April 11, the amount of this regular payment was amended from £600 to £4,000. All other details remained the same, i.e the next payment would have been on May 7, 2016. On April 15 the same computer submitted log in step one, using the surname Bailey, and her membership number. Log in step two was not attempted, so a full log in attempt was not made. Later at 9.19pm, another attempt at log in step one was made. The IP address for this also matched the Broadstairs address.

Think this is supposed to correspond with IS having visited Broadstairs on April 15th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, on may 1st did he try set up a new standing order for £4000 as well as changing the original one from £600 to £4000 on April 11th?

ETA: reading it again, I think it's saying he tried to change the date the payment would be made, from may 7th to May 1st. Maybe...

This is confusing me, how could the IP address be matching the broadstairs address? Have they made a mistake or did IS drive there and make the attempts? Totally conflicting information coming through now. I thought the attempt was when he was at the Chinese.....

I'm confused too. Attempts made on the Broadstairs router on the 15th and 16th April. Can a techie clarify please?

Reporting on these finer details has gone to pot I feel.

12:43
Police examined router

On April 20, 2016, an officer attended the Baldock Road address. He examined a router there, and Helen’s phone had previously been connected to this. On April 21, a police officer went to the broadstairs address and examined another router. This examination was repeated on April 26 and the information downloaded was the same. Downloads from the router show that helen’s phone connected to the router at Broadstairs at 12.07pm on April 16. On June 7, 2016, DC Paul travelled to Broadstairs again with a scenes of crime officer. DC Paul confirmed that the router had been removed from the location. The router was not removed by the police. On August 30, an officer was at the Baldock Road address. He went to the ground floor room, in Ian Stewart’s office, and on the floor retrieved a box that contained the same router, previously at the Broadstairs address. Police examined the router. On September 2, a police technician connected a wire to the router, a serial number confirmed it was the same router previously discovered at the broadstairs house on April 21. All the logs stored on the device were lost. The router was confirmed as functionable and storing logs relating to devices connecting to it. The router retains the wifi network name and password. The router can be reset in a number of ways. Even if the router was to be unplugged from the power and moved to a different address, it would still have the wifi name and password. Therefore it had been reset to factory default settings between these two times (April and September).

Ah that clears up the previous talk of failed attempts. So on Aprill 11th he tried to set up a new standing order and when that didn't work he just increased an existing one.

Then he took the computer to Broadstairs on 15th April and tried to access the account again twice but didn't get past stage 1 of the log in.

So, on may 1st did he try set up a new standing order for £4000 as well as changing the original one from £600 to £4000 on April 11th?

No it just means he tried to set it up on 11th and it was due to start going out of the account on May 1st. When you set up a standing order online it asks what day you want it to start.

agreed. just trying to work this out, as cops were at Royston 7pm ish to 9.3o on 15th AFAIK and IS says via text to John B that he's on his way there on Saturday, not Friday!

will check later.

Maybe she kept the passwords in her phone somewhere that's why he turned it on then didn't realise it would connect to the wifi. I'm still not sure how he managed to make this blunder tbh. It makes me think he didn't have it on airplane mode that he'd turned it off then turned it on again.

I think Big Bean will be taking the stand after lunch by the looks of it...

Interesting that the Broadstairs router was used for the log ins to her account. He/they must have brought the router back at some stage. Maybe they didn't leave it down there all the time; perhaps taking it with them when they visited.

Was this part of a set-up by IS to throw the police off the scent?

I think its just the one on the 15th that used the Broadstairs IP address

No it just means he tried to set it up on 11th and it was due to start going out of the account on May 1st. When you set up a standing order online it asks what day you want it to start.

Thanks. I realised. In the end....

It's the attempts on April 15th that used the Broadstairs IP. So that must be when he was down in Broadstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member