GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He already had some payouts from her death, wonder why he hadn't claimed the 43k. Was it that he met Helen around the time the estate was all finalised and saw another source of income on the horizon or is there some financial advantage to leaving it unclaimed?

Do we even know if she willed her estate to someone else?

14:53
Denies perverting the course of justice

Stewart said he did not pervert the course of public justice by disposing of a duvet, reporting Helen missing, or disposing of Helen’s mobile phone.

Ooh I got 2 out of 3 on that ......

14:55
Stewart tells of mother's depression

Stewart tells jurors he was born in Letchworth Garden City. His dad worked as a teacher, his mum worked as a secretary. He said he ended up in a grammar school, to which both his parents had also gone. He said he played a lot of sport at this time. “The only thing that was slightly difficult in my upbringing was that my mum did suffer from postnatal depression, which caused depression and OCD. “It was difficult taking friends back from school when I was younger. “My grandparents were alive until I was about 18.”

Stewart said he wasn’t aware of the death of Helen until July 15, and had no knowledge of a dead body.
Why was he so concerned about the garage door being open when he was arrested then?

I'm another lurker coming out of the woodwork today ��
I've been reading avidly since last summer and would like to add my thanks to you all for your informative and insightful posts. Also for the flashes of gallows humour!

A (rather macabre) point regarding Helen's phone and bank account: if she had a recent iPhone or iPad with iTouch, and the Barclays app installed, IS could have gained access to her account merely by touching her finger/thumb to the 'home' button. Log in details, passwords, PINs not required...

If you are thinking he might have done this after her death, I believe it only works with a living person, something to do with electrical charges. They had something similar on Silent Witness and they had to put an electrical discharge through the body to get the print access.

(From another lurker who has just come out!)

14:57
Accused tells of facial injury

Stewart went to Salford University, to study electronic computer systems, a three year degree course. “In 1978, this is how I got the scar on my cheek. I was going to Stevenage Leisure Centre to play sport with my friends. “It was icy, I put my hand on the door, my foot slipped and I went straight through the glass door. “The reason the accident happened was because there was the wrong glass in the door, which was found out later. “I got £7,000 compensation.”

scar on his cheek incident.
Who cares? ........ you supreme narcissist.

ah , i get it, you care, cause you got £7K for that.

Stewart went to Salford University, to study electronic computer systems, a three year degree course. “In 1978, this is how I got the scar on my cheek. I was going to Stevenage Leisure Centre to play sport with my friends. “It was icy, I put my hand on the door, my foot slipped and I went straight through the glass door. “The reason the accident happened was because there was the wrong glass in the door, which was found out later. “I got £7,000 compensation.”

A facial injury from 1978?! Seems he got a taste for money at that point...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is him falling relevant? Weird

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14:58
Stewart tells how he met his late wife

“My health got worse and worse, I ended up in bed for a week, I was diagnosed with glandular fever which meant I couldn’t take my first year of exams. “At the end of my second year I was top of the course. “I met Diane at the beginning of my third and final year. Diane was studying languages. “We met in the canteen and I stole a chip off her plate. That’s how we met”. Stewart’s voice breaks as he talks about how he met his late wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper