Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10:57
"Helen panicked with what happened to John"

“Our first holiday abroad was 2012, the day we were meant to fly was when Helen’s first will was signed. “Helen panicked with what happened to John, she suddenly panicked. “I was a witness along with the dog sitter, Helen signed it as soon as we walked out of the door. “We both went away to Portugal. We also went on holiday together with Jamie and Oliver after that. “I’d wanted to go away with the boys and this was a year after the holiday with my mum and dad. “We had a family holiday at the same hotel. “Before we met she started a blog for herself, called Planet Grief. “It was here way of writing about what was happening to her. “That was how she spent her time.”

10:54
Moving to Royston

“In February 2016 my health was not good. Helen still kept in touch with friends in London. “She still kept in contact with those. She often met up with them without me there. “Helen loved London, I can’t stress how much, but she wanted to live with me and didn’t feel it was right for the two lads at the time. “We moved to Royston as you know, but Helen always considered getting a retirement flat in London. “The plan was to sell the property in Newcastle and Broadstairs and get a house in London.”

But she wanted to live with me.........the arrogant t*sser ......why couldnt they live together in London then ?
it wasnt right for the lads - this would be the two early/mid 20s adult males ?

10:59
"I was then the Gorgeous Grey Haired Widow"

“I was mentioned as ‘mac’ on her blog because I like whiskey. “Then when we met up, she still didn’t want to name me, I was then the Gorgeous Grey Haired Widow (GGHW). “I used to comment on the blog. “One of the problems, and we’ve seen this with other widows, when everyone first loses someone the first thing that goes through everyone’s mind is ‘I’m never going to get with anyone else, I can’t replace who I’ve lost.’ “Diane had always said if anything happened to me I do want to see you with someone else. “My thoughts for the first few months after she died were ‘no way’.”

10:59
‘GGHW is now part of my life and we’re in a relationship’

“When Helen started referring to me in the blog, there was no reaction to the blog posts at first, but when we came back from Brighton was when she announced ‘GGHW is now part of my life and we’re in a relationship’. “There was a big big kickback, big time. There were a lot of replies in emails and on the blog posts. “Her group of online friends blocked her, banned her, and so on. “There was a big reaction, they felt she was letting the side down. “All those widows now five years on are on a relationship and on dating sites, so they moved on in their own time. “Helen was so upset because she was obviously happy but this meant a lot to her.”

11:00
"She let a balloon off to remember John"

“I wasn’t involved in writing any of her posts and blogs. I was involved in some of the things she wrote about,she let a balloon off to remember John,when we went to the Cotswolds for example and when we went to Oxford where she let a balloon off to remember John, who went to university there.”

10:53
“It became too much for Helen"

“It became too much for Helen, even with John they didn’t always go out with the neighbours there. “The neighbours were her friends and she did like them but at the same time, they weren’t that close.”

Wow, definately he's been working on overnight re writes. This would be the very friendly neighbours, who's dog played with Boris, but who said Helen changed once IS began to go there with her, disappeared into the house, didnt speak anymore.

11:01
“She said ‘if you can put up with my anxieties, I can put up with that’"

“After I’d met Helen a few times, she knew I had my health condition but I did want her to know how serious it was, but I took her through it and said how bad it could be. “I went through my worst state, when I had to spend 51 days in hospital. “I was in intensive care twice, I was given a plasma exchange treatment. “Helen knew all of that inside out already. “She said ‘if you can put up with my anxieties, I can put up with that’.”

There seem to be so many inconsistencies in his evidence compared to her blog - I was just looking at at it earlier.

11:02
"Sometimes Helen was worried our relationship was going too fast"

“Sometimes Helen was worried our relationship was going too fast. In the summer of 2012 we were seeing each other almost constantly. “In April she saw Diane’s jewellery box and asked if she could look at it. She picked up an eternity ring I got Diane in Greece. “That was a special ring for Diane. Helen said ‘would I mind if she put it on? So she did, she really liked it’. “I said would you like it? Maybe some people wouldn’t understand that. She said yes. “A few weeks later I decided I wanted Helen to marry me. We took her to a place with seven springs in Ashwell for a walk with the dog, on bended knee I asked if she would marry me, she said instantly yes, but she said she couldn’t get married yet and everything needed to feel right. “I gave her Diane’s eternity ring, which I had cleaned and engraved. It was two rings, and the diamond was between the two bands. “I’d had engraved on one band ‘BB’ and on another band ‘LB’ - as in Broad Bean and Live Bean.” Stewart breaks down in the witness stand as he said: “It was a way of continuing the love from Diane on to Helen. Helen never told anyone that I don’t think, because most people wouldn’t understand that. “There were no dates considered yet, the wedding was something that would happen in the future when she was ready.”

wow am utterly speechless at his lies and he really did recycle Diane's ring - this is the "token ring" he mentioned before
“In April she saw Diane’s jewellery box and asked if she could look at it. She picked up an eternity ring I got Diane in Greece. “That was a special ring for Diane. Helen said ‘would I mind if she put it on? So she did, she really liked it’. “I said would you like it?

He expects us to believe that in contrast to all her comments on her expensive taste in rings on the blog/book.

I'm weeping here! Hearts and flowers. Really playing on the jurors' heartstrings.

10:53
“It became too much for Helen"

“It became too much for Helen, even with John they didn’t always go out with the neighbours there. “The neighbours were her friends and she did like them but at the same time, they weren’t that close.”

is this the same neighbour that said in the statement that she would run over and their dogs loved to play together. He is what we in Sweden say "painting her in black"

Dominic Reynolds Verified account ‏@domreynolds 18m18 minutes ago

Stewart explains they bought 7-bed home in Royston with Helen's money, but in both their names, on accountant's advice.

Dominic Reynolds Verified account ‏@domreynolds 4m4 minutes ago

Any issues, arguments between you? "No". Any jealousy, resentment? "None". Stewart says they were "very happy

Seriously, I did not want to know about his rose petal covered bed.

11:07
"She said ‘I can’t walk around with a ring on my finger costing that much"

“In March 2016, we went to London to look at wedding rings. “It’s a very exclusive shop, we looked at many designs. “At one time someone asked me what the budget was, so I said £20k, and thought ‘this is going to come back more’. “I didn’t even know there was such a thing as a blue diamond, but there was. “There were going to be four pink ones. “I was letting Helen lead [the conversation] because it was always going to be the ring she wanted. “When staff left to get more diamonds we spoke about the ring. “The ring had to be special because Helen has very skinny fingers. “I had joked about discount but I didn’t know she’d sent that email [to ask for discount]. “Helen didn’t like bartering, but I did. “The problem with the ring was it was beautiful and you see Helen’s eyes light up when she tried it on, but the others looked like costume jewellery. “You could see the ring was quality, it was a different thing already. “Helen didn’t want to get it, she said ‘I can’t walk around with a ring on my finger costing that much, I won’t feel happy about it’. “I said I had money to spend on her to play with, I said this was a golden opportunity. “She said she was going to put it off until the wedding venue was booked. “The weekend before Helen was taken, she finally agreed. She was going to go for it.”

10:56
"We discovered where we were both so right for each other"

“The first time we went on holiday was to Brighton. That was in the week after Valentine’s Day in 2012. “That was a weekend away of some note. “It was the first time we went away together, Boris was not with us. “It was just really nice, we had a lovely time, it was one of those occasions where we discovered where we were both so right for each other, but at the same time so different. “Our bedroom overlooked the sea. I arranged the first night for a meal, when we went down our table was prepared. It was decorated with hearts and had a red rose for Helen. “She said ‘I’ve never been one for soppy romantic things but I do like this’. “We went up to bed, there were 30 scented candles in there and rose petals on the bed. “Helen was in tears as she was so happy.”

:puke:

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 4m4 minutes ago

#helenbailey Ian Stewart tells jury of his myasthenia gravis. Says he was once in hospital 51 days

yawn alert for Jury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member