GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he might claim she was alive for a lot longer than is presumed though. Dr Cary was pushed a lot about how he was working to an "assumption" of the date of death as April 11, as was the toxicologist. If he pushes her date of death later, then maybe Nick and Joe were Zopicloning her while she was "missing"?

Wouldn't explain her previous internet searches of 'why do I keep falling asleep' and the hair strand tests to show usage over a long period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I was never a bit surprised (nor impressed) at the statement that IS would always 'avoid confrontation'. Of course he would, he's a coward! Confrontation requires honesty, showing your true colours and expressing feelings - none of which were his modus operandi. He far prefers to plot and scheme and sneak behind people's backs, selecting them as a victim without their knowledge so that when he strikes they are totally unprepared and defenceless.

Yes, huge similarities between him and other abusers/murders, narcissists all who play the persecuted victim when their true colours are exposed. What are the chances this excuse for a man will appeal against his conviction?

On a separate subject - front page of tomorrow's Mirror a professional hit man who claims to know who killed Jill Dando. This case has always intrigued me - I worked with her many years ago, a really lovely lady. I never believed Barry George did it, to my mind it had all the hallmarks of a professional hit, not a stalker. Another woman brutally killed as she was planning her wedding. But that's a different thread!

I think it's a certainty he will do that - if it is at all possible. I can see all his wealth disappearing in fees.

Wouldn't explain her previous internet searches of 'why do I keep falling asleep' and the hair strand tests to show usage over a long period.

Ah, but that can all be put down to the menopause in his dream world.

(I am quite offended by how much of an assumption has gone on in this case, including when Helen was alive, that a fiercely intelligent and capable woman can be rendered useless by a hormone surges. I'm not menopausal myself but this seems extremely misogynistic to me).

(I am quite offended by how much of an assumption has gone on in this case, including when Helen was alive, that a fiercely intelligent and capable woman can be rendered useless by a hormone surges. I'm not menopausal myself but this seems extremely misogynistic to me).

Isn't that such a fact of life. Whatever justifiable mood one is in, it's passed off as hormones. Drives me bonkers.

Isn't that such a fact of life. Whatever justifiable mood one is in, it's passed off as hormones. Drives me bonkers.

Anyone levelling that accusation at me is sure to get a swift bop on the nose.

And we're almost off for another day of rivetting drivel from IS. Can't wait - yawn.

Yes, for women. Men have reasons for their emotions that should be respected, we are led to believe.

Totally agree. I was struck by the offensive description of her as "menopausal" in his call to the police-not a way to talk of someone you love. You might say they had been feeling unwell but not label them in this insulting way.

Maybe I was lucky, or too busy with my youngest, born in my mid 40s, but never felt sleepy and never had hot flushes. Took on a lot more work. Cycles just became longer and stopped eventually.

Anyone levelling that accusation at me is sure to get a swift bop on the nose.

And we're almost off for another day of rivetting drivel from IS. Can't wait - yawn.

And so now we see your username is appropriate :D :D

Totally agree. I was struck by the offensive description of her as "menopausal" in his call to the police-not a way to talk of someone you love. You might say they had been feeling unwell but not label them in this insulting way.

Maybe I was lucky, or too busy with my youngest, born in my mid 40s, but never felt sleepy and never had hot flushes. Took on a lot more work. Cycles just became longer and stopped eventually.

I completely agree re the police call, it's quite one thing for a woman herself to say she's menopausal but it is absolutely not the done thing for a man, certainly not her partner, to describe her as such.

I'm 45 this month, I just cannot wait until it's all over and done with. I'm soooooo over being female :D

I completely agree re the police call, it's quite one thing for a woman herself to say she's menopausal but it is absolutely not the done thing for a man, certainly not her partner, to describe her as such.

I'm 45 this month, I just cannot wait until it's all over and done with. I'm soooooo over being female :D

Don't rush it. It brings changes you may not be happy with. [emoji6]

Woo Hoo - I have managed to delay my trip today. OH and son rebooked it for Friday. Now, how on earth am I going to get out of Friday? Maybe I could "do an IS" and pull a sickie! :gaah:

Victoria Wade (@skyfieldeditor) tweeted at 10:10 AM on Wed, Feb 08, 2017:
Accused Ian Stewart is now in the witness box. He's describing the different properties Helen Bailey owned.

Just caught up from last night and ready now for today's show....got my extra strong tea brewed up to help keep me awake.

Adding my thanks also to Lit Up. Great to have the inside track and I do hope you get in today. I think the Court clerk/usher or whoever it is in charge of seating, should have you down as a sort of * frequent flyer * attendee and give you priority over these johnny come lately national press folk.

Woo Hoo - I have managed to delay my trip today. OH and son rebooked it for Friday. Now, how on earth am I going to get out of Friday? Maybe I could "do an IS" and pull a sickie! :gaah:

No Trial on Friday IB - Michelle mentioned it a few days ago - so you should be ok to venture out !

Accused Ian Stewart is now in the witness box. He's describing the different properties Helen Bailey owned.

Oh I'm sure he'll be in his element talking about "their" properties.

It's nothing he hasn't seen before. He defends and prosecutes criminals all the time. This is probably a very easy job for him given the defence is presenting hardly any evidence in this case. All he does is clarify a few points here and there.

He's doing a very professional job IMO

It's interesting that he is largely focussed on requiring the prosecution to prove its case rather than going "Full Roux" and standing up and announcing wild theories

That tells you a lot about the state of the defence case

Ha ha ........ I read this too fast and I thought it said

Actor Ian Stewart ..........

but then again, on second thoughts

Just caught up from last night and ready now for today's show....got my extra strong tea brewed up to help keep me awake.

Adding my thanks also to Lit Up. Great to have the inside track and I do hope you get in today. I think the Court clerk/usher or whoever it is in charge of seating, should have you down as a sort of * frequent flyer * attendee and give you priority over these johnny come lately national press folk.

Unfortunately press gets priority over general public under the "justice must be seen to be done" principal. Then the family... then the nosey parkers websleuths.

There'll be nothing wrong with his memory talking about this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members