GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Night night brilliant people - wonderful to know that justice prevails -even if we are not fit for Jury as we've already concluded in knowing too much. And Helen, know we shall not ever spare your loss lightly darling.
We are all here loving you, continuing in our best way for you. And shall not ever, ever forget your light and beauty, which shines today and whom we are working for in every moment to make sure there is truth for you and Boris xx

I echo your beautiful words Joely and I know Helen wouldn't think me barking mad when I say that myself and Dolly-Dog hold a thought for her and Boris every night. They will be forever loved.

attachment.php

Sure he's innocent - and Dolly Parton sleeps on her front!

Well I suppose the big reveal today was that he didn't know Helen was dead until 15th July.

That was my impression anyway, without checking back over the reporting. So it remains to be revealed how he knows N&J did it, and how he also knows J has been dealt with.

Well spotted!
A gem (or jaffa to cricket enthusiasts) of sleuthing, there.

My favourite is the wig analysis. Up with Mr Trimmer and his neat wig!

I am out nearly all day today....it's going to kill me not having a chance to check here. I will sit and think lovely thoughts of IS squirming under the cross examination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for your excellent report LitUp. There is nothing better than a write-up of court proceedings from a WS member. I know we are all truly grateful.

I am out nearly all day today....it's going to kill me not having a chance to check here. I will sit and think lovely thoughts of IS squirming under the cross examination.

Me too. It is so frustrating. I have even toyed with trying to change my arrangements but I don't think it is going to be possible. :(

I reckon he's going to say that Nick & Joe took Helen and wanted payment for money Helen's husband owed them and to ensure her safe return. Obviously they didn't want it to be traced to their account so they set up/amended the standing order to go into IS's account. They were then no doubt going to get IS to withdraw it as cash and hand it over to them. (knowing somehow that IS wouldn't go to police in the meantime and also being prepared to take payment in monthly installments rather than in one lump sum) They made IS give them access to his computer to do all of this (again so that nothing could be traced back to them). They then provided him with a mobile and used it to give him a number of instructions that he had to follow in order to get Helen back unharmed.

Honestly though what is he going to come up with? Nothing he comes up with would explain why he kept quiet about Nick & Joe, even after Helen's body was found.

Totally agree. This would be the only way I think he could explain it too. Wonder if he'd even be able to come up with this though....

It's nothing he hasn't seen before. He defends and prosecutes criminals all the time. This is probably a very easy job for him given the defence is presenting hardly any evidence in this case. All he does is clarify a few points here and there.

I get that he's just doing a job, but this is a pretty extreme example of a hopeless defence, I think. Even for an experienced QC.

EDIT I think so even more having seen your terrific account of how IS seemed to you in court - thanks very much for taking the trouble to give us that.

I get that he's just doing a job, but this is a pretty extreme example of a hopeless defence, I think. Even for an experienced QC.

Yes. It's a good job he's not no win no fee.

Well I suppose the big reveal today was that he didn't know Helen was dead until 15th July.

That was my impression anyway, without checking back over the reporting. So it remains to be revealed how he knows N&J did it, and how he also knows J has been dealt with.

I hope he is going to produce the phone they gave him with all the information still intact. I think he has been watching too many crime stories.:bricks:

First of all, I would not suggest anybody trying to come in the morning. The place has become packed out just for IS, the number of press has quintupled; instead of a few little local rags you have the BBC and all the rest of them. They are taking up a very large number of seats and so the spaces for the general public is in a single digit. The court clerk was turning people away today and I felt sorry for them having made the trip, and at one point I thought I was going to be turned away.

Thanks Lit Up for you fantastic summary of today's action. I appreciate the efforts you took to get down to the court and then secure one of those few seat! Your in court descriptions of the action and characters really bring to live what the jury is experiencing.

I reckon he's going to say that Nick & Joe took Helen and wanted payment for money Helen's husband owed them and to ensure her safe return. Obviously they didn't want it to be traced to their account so they set up/amended the standing order to go into IS's account. They were then no doubt going to get IS to withdraw it as cash and hand it over to them. (knowing somehow that IS wouldn't go to police in the meantime and also being prepared to take payment in monthly installments rather than in one lump sum) They made IS give them access to his computer to do all of this (again so that nothing could be traced back to them). They then provided him with a mobile and used it to give him a number of instructions that he had to follow in order to get Helen back unharmed.

Honestly though what is he going to come up with? Nothing he comes up with would explain why he kept quiet about Nick & Joe, even after Helen's body was found.

The only problem with this scenario is that there would have to be a money trail for the blackmail payments. And I assume IS is rather tight with his cash that there would be limited withdrawals to claim as blackmail payments.

The body in the cesspit is pretty damning too! I do wonder if he'll claim she was put in while he was in Spain (though presumably the Jeep was there the whole time, plus OS and JS!).

The body in the cesspit is pretty damning too! I do wonder if he'll claim she was put in while he was in Spain (though presumably the Jeep was there the whole time, plus OS and JS!).

He can't really claim that I think because the rate of decomposition was dependent on the environment she was in all that time.

He can't really claim that I think because the rate of decomposition was dependent on the environment she was in all that time.

I think he might claim she was alive for a lot longer than is presumed though. Dr Cary was pushed a lot about how he was working to an "assumption" of the date of death as April 11, as was the toxicologist. If he pushes her date of death later, then maybe Nick and Joe were Zopicloning her while she was "missing"?

I hadn't thought of that Squamous, thanks :) :sleuth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member