GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he came back so that IS had verbal confirmation that they had Helen and Boris (in case people weren't following his story and needed this point hammered home)

Really, considering ISs social whirl on that day, it's lucky for Nick that he caught him.

I mean Nick could have just sent a text, but that's so last year I supppose

I think he came back so that IS had verbal confirmation that they had Helen and Boris (in case people weren't following his story and needed this point hammered home)
Of course, silly me for doubting him!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to Lit-up's account of the reactions to today.

No doubt the professionals are so well brought- up that they didn't respond above the odd eye roll but it would have been great to watch Judge Bright's face as the tale got taller.

Before I gave up today I was wistfully anticipating Bright's withering comments during sentencing and Flint QC sn1ggering to himself on the way home from St Albans tonight.

The press must have been smirking . If I'd been there I would have timed a plausible sneeze or cough or two to underscore his most surreal embellishments.

“As Joe was going through to the study he said ‘I’m in GGHW’"

What does being 'in' it mean then?

I think he meant 'I'm in there big man' like he'd just pulled ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's supposed to be a joke, saying "ooh I'm in here (with Helen)". Flirty banter like he'd "pulled" Helen.

Then we have this supposed ex business partner of Helen's husband, not only reading her book but also remembering the GGHW nickname that she used for IS, and then saying it out loud to him. " jee jee aich double ewe "

I think putting the line about GGHW into the mouth of 'Joe' was sheer vanity on IS' part - he was obviously rather proud of Helen's (ridiculously) flattering nickname for him, so he levered it into his account, without realising it sounds ludicrously unlikely. No doubt he has lain awake in his prison cell night after night, over thinking the story. Over embellishment is the biggest giveaway of any liar!

Were the boys in court today? I cannot imagine how unbearable it must have been for them to have to sit and listen to their father's spurious tales. If they had any belief in their father it would have been totally shattered today.

Him making that phone call links him to the phone that he conveniently lost. I suppose he knows now he can't deny making the call but he may have initially denied it to police so is still claiming it isn't him in the cctv to cover up the lies.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Ah yeah, he's just dealing with the lies he already told and has to stick to. Can't have too many admissions of lying can he, after the note.

Here is some of what Helen wrote in her blog about not sleeping. She does say she tried sleeping tablets but they didn't work. Somewhere I think I read she would never use them, but I haven't found it yet. This is from her posting called "Pillow Talk".

"Sleep.

In the first few months after the funeral, although it often took me until the early hours of the morning to nod off, with the help of American over-the-counter sleeping tablets I did sleep and I slept in. Even if I didn’t get to sleep until three in the morning, dozing until nine or ten still gave me a good run of zzzzs. I used to read posts on grief forums about sleep-deprived widows, and seriously wonder if I could have loved JS as much as these insomniacs loved their partners, guilty that whilst they were tossing and turning, watching the hours tick by until dawn, I was out like a baby stuffed full of Calpol.

Oh, how things have changed.

I am now one of those widows I used to read about, awake at all hours, unable to get to sleep or stay asleep. I’ve tried hot baths with smelly oils; herbal sleeping tablets which didn’t work, and OTC sleeping tablets which make me feel drunk in the morning. I bought an electric blanket to try and make the bed more inviting, but lying with wires down the side and a controller on the bedside table reminds me of a hospital bed. I flirted with Horlicks, but sitting in my ‘hospital’ bed under the electric blanket in my Snoopy nightie, drinking Horlicks with The Hound by my side, on his back with his plums in the air, I felt ready to be carted off to the sort of nursing home where the telly is too loud and everywhere smells of wee. So I stay up and look at strange internet sites and late night TV channels, but these are grief forums and QVC, and I’m so exhausted that even if Alistair Campbell appeared at the end of my bed swinging a bag from Fettered Pleasures with a come hither look in his eyes, I’d be too weary to pour myself into a bee outfit, and anyway, I’d be worried the electric blanket would melt the PVC.

I do listen to the radio, but even that is fraught with danger. A piece on camping which seemed totally safe listening (the only tent I’ll go into is one serving Pimms) had me tearfully reminiscing about a cottage in Northumberland we stayed in, right next to a camping site. A phone-in on what makes a long and happy marriage resulted in me shouting into the dark, “Not dying helps!” As to the phone-in on widowhood, it was grimly fascinating listening to the Welsh fireman who coped by sleeping with every available female; I presume his uniform was the pull – it certainly wasn’t his personality. Marieke rang in and came over brilliantly, but then straight after her, the radio host said, “And now we have a caller from Barbados…” Even The Hound looked sorry for me when I sighed, Can someone, please, just give me a break?"

I wish Ian would give her a break and admit his guilt but I'm sure he won't. I don't think he even knows he's lying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And ISs phone number - even though he was not involved in the discussions, being as he had to * mind* Boris or loiter in the garage until the bad men had gone away

And he's forgotten about the extra fake phone they allegedly gave him and the fact that when the 101 caller asked for his number he said he never knew it.

The police also confirmed that the sons have solid alibis.

I must admit, for a second I did wonder if he could be covering for his sons and taking the rap for one of them, but have dismissed this thought, the more his story is unfolding.

re "I'm in GGHW" Is there a bit in "Die Hard" where the terrorists say, "We're in.." (the building)? Perhaps IS sees himself as a younger Bruce Willis (the vest look wouldn't suit the IS paunch unless it's all gone in the clink).

Here is some of what Helen wrote in her blog about not sleeping. She does say she tried sleeping tablets but they didn't work. Somewhere I think I read she would never use them, but I haven't found it yet. This is from her posting called "Pillow Talk".

"Sleep.

In the first few months after the funeral, although it often took me until the early hours of the morning to nod off, with the help of American over-the-counter sleeping tablets I did sleep and I slept in. Even if I didn’t get to sleep until three in the morning, dozing until nine or ten still gave me a good run of zzzzs. I used to read posts on grief forums about sleep-deprived widows, and seriously wonder if I could have loved JS as much as these insomniacs loved their partners, guilty that whilst they were tossing and turning, watching the hours tick by until dawn, I was out like a baby stuffed full of Calpol.

Oh, how things have changed.

I am now one of those widows I used to read about, awake at all hours, unable to get to sleep or stay asleep. I’ve tried hot baths with smelly oils; herbal sleeping tablets which didn’t work, and OTC sleeping tablets which make me feel drunk in the morning. I bought an electric blanket to try and make the bed more inviting, but lying with wires down the side and a controller on the bedside table reminds me of a hospital bed. I flirted with Horlicks, but sitting in my ‘hospital’ bed under the electric blanket in my Snoopy nightie, drinking Horlicks with The Hound by my side, on his back with his plums in the air, I felt ready to be carted off to the sort of nursing home where the telly is too loud and everywhere smells of wee. So I stay up and look at strange internet sites and late night TV channels, but these are grief forums and QVC, and I’m so exhausted that even if Alistair Campbell appeared at the end of my bed swinging a bag from Fettered Pleasures with a come hither look in his eyes, I’d be too weary to pour myself into a bee outfit, and anyway, I’d be worried the electric blanket would melt the PVC.

I do listen to the radio, but even that is fraught with danger. A piece on camping which seemed totally safe listening (the only tent I’ll go into is one serving Pimms) had me tearfully reminiscing about a cottage in Northumberland we stayed in, right next to a camping site. A phone-in on what makes a long and happy marriage resulted in me shouting into the dark, “Not dying helps!” As to the phone-in on widowhood, it was grimly fascinating listening to the Welsh fireman who coped by sleeping with every available female; I presume his uniform was the pull – it certainly wasn’t his personality. Marieke rang in and came over brilliantly, but then straight after her, the radio host said, “And now we have a caller from Barbados…” Even The Hound looked sorry for me when I sighed, Can someone, please, just give me a break?"

I wish Ian would give her a break and admit his guilt but I'm sure he won't. I don't think he even knows he's lying.

American over the counter tablets are melatonin. I use those. I very much doubt she's the type to take zopiclone knowingly from all the other evidence that she doesn't like prescription medication.

Msc in biomedical science makes sense because she initially trained in forensics and you can learn that one flexibly

If she had her first degree in forensics, maybe she was going to change tack and write thrillers. An MSc in Biomed. Sci. would have been a useful adjunct to forensics.

Yes, Melatonin are a synthetic sleep hormone, my son who is autistic is prescribed them sometimes....when we are creeping towards 3am before he sleeps! They are great short term and it sounds like Helen only used them very short term.

Ian is going to prison for a very long time, hopefully for the rest of his miserable life. Nobody who has listened to the drivel he came out with today can be in any doubt of his guilt.

re "I'm in GGHW" Is there a bit in "Die Hard" where the terrorists say, "We're in.." (the building)? Perhaps IS sees himself as a younger Bruce Willis (the vest look wouldn't suit the IS paunch unless it's all gone in the clink).

IS played by Bruce Willis? Lol! If they ever make a movie about this he'd be lucky if they cast Bruce Forsyth!

Helen writes so beautifully, doesn't she? Even now she can make me laugh with that image of Boris with his plums in the air :)

Oh love, he did not deserve you.

If she had her first degree in forensics, maybe she was going to change tack and write thrillers. An MSc in Biomed. Sci. would have been a useful adjunct to forensics.

Yes, I was thinking it could have been connected with research for her writing.
Or it could have been some other insignicant thing that just sparked her curiosity, such as a friend's son or daughter planning to go there.

And he's forgotten about the extra fake phone they allegedly gave him and the fact that when the 101 caller asked for his number he said he never knew it.

Good spot Snoopy. I particularly like the way Nick not only came back to explain the plot but to verbally confirm he had the correct contact details for IS. No wonder he didn't want to hand over his phone to police later!

I meant to say earlier that I agree that IS infantilised his sons to use them as pawns in his game with Helen. I'm sure some teenagers would be shattered by the death of their mother but O and J were clearly emotionally well enough to go to university, have hobbies and start careers - I'm not saying they weren't devastated, I'm sure they were, but they did seem to cope OK. I think IS took advantage of Helen not being a parent in exaggerating the emotional needs of "the boys" and making her feel that it would be unkind to deprive them of a home with their dad, thus getting her to leave London. In that Life After London piece she said that soon after moving it became apparent that the sons were quite independent and that they would have been fine to share a flat together. I'm sure that had actually been the case for years.

So what we all thinking for tomorrow , ie. when will Pros QC kick off?

The afternoon? Whilst he's "covered" the charges, he's loving his moment in the lights AND he's really only got to April 12th.

He'll want to be rattling on for hours more under QC Flint

he'll want to cover, for jury's sake:
13th - why 2nd trip to Royston Household Waste Site*cctv
16th - reason for trip to Broadstairs and his BS throwing himself off the cliffs ( 9th May)and all the later self-harming comments for memory gaps.
18th & 19th, 20th - explain the texts eg. " ‘Ive respected your wishes long enough, you’ve had enough space, let me know you’re ok. Xxxx’" and "A text says ‘contact police, they won’t even tell me where you are if you don’t want to. They can stop all the fuss.’ " and " I need you back. You promised me more. I love you whatever'

20th April the bizarre calls to Cotter and Hurley which do not fit his new defence
22nd April - video interview and all the comments within which no longer fit.
Why he'd do stuff like go to snooker champs and palma if his fiance was kidnapped

I could go on and on, there's so much before we even get into the cross ex potential .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva