GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Bradbrook (@katebradbrook) tweeted at 10:38 AM on Thu, Feb 09, 2017:
#helenbailey Ian Stewart tells jury he met Nick in Broadstairs, asked if called police "no." Asks can I see Helen "no not yet" @BBCLookEast

I wish I'd known you were here for the Becky Watts trial. My husband never makes a great sounding board for my feelings about these things. Still, I think "I was going to secretly pack her in a suitcase and take her to some woods to scare her for being rude to my mum" was better than this. At least NM admitted he was present and did it!

10:41
'I met Nick and he told me to drive to Margate'

“I was told to walk from the amusements behind the pavilion to the other end where there’s a bandstand. There’s a path that follows the curve of the bay.

“This is on the cliff edge basically. I started to walk along there and almost immediately Nick joined me.

“I didn’t see where he had come from.

“He said: ‘Have you told the police’ I said: ‘No.’

“He said: ‘Have you got Helen’s phone?’

“I said: ‘Yes’.

“I said: ‘Can I see Helen. Is she here?’

“He said: ‘No, not now, not yet’.

“I said: ‘Can I speak to her?’

“He said: ‘No.’

“He said: ‘I want you to drive to Margate, park on the harbour and walk out’.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906

I'd like it if the DWP found out he had not declared cohabitation or savings-depends what he was claiming, I know.

Don't think disability benefits are means tested, hence why Katie Price and David Cameron claimed them for their kids. It sounds like he's been on them for years as well as sick pay/pension from work so might not even have been assessed under the new PIP rules

10:17
'I told Nick Helen's brother was looking for her'

“Nick took the phone back from me. He said: ‘Go and find the phone’ so we looked everywhere in the house.

“Nick was getting agitated. I didn’t actually find Helen’s phone.

“Nick asked had anyone asked for Helen?

“I said her brother John and her friends, I said John had gone down to Broadstairs to see if Helen was there. And that he wanted to phone the police.”

Is this supposedly meant to be on the Friday when Nick returned or the Monday when 'they took her'?

I'm in work today and not sure I can read any of this in here. I'm seriously fighting off hysterical laughter. His story is hilariously bad. I'm wondering if he's setting himself up for a stint on reality TV after this or something. Has anyone listened to 'my dad wrote a *advertiser censored*' podcast? This is like that but for murders. It's the worse made up story in living history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this tweet - helpful reporter reminds us which page we're up to in the novel

Dominic Reynolds Verified account ‏@domreynolds 39m39 minutes ago

Ian Stewart back in w box. Yday evidence ended with account of 'Nick' punching him, saying he'd taken #Helenbailey, threatening to hurt her.

Gosh, Nick is very like the magic fairy that cut my daughter's hair with the scissors when I was out of the room.

Also, iPhones automatically come on when you charge them, once they have enough juice to do so.

I don't understand that he pleaded not guilty to a lot of the charges when he's essentially admitting them? Is "a bad man told me to" a justifiable basis for innocence?

10:34
'I went to the cottage in Broadstairs on Saturday, April 16 to meet them'

“On the Saturday morning (April 16) I headed down to Broadstairs.

“I stopped en route at almost every other opportunity, at every service station, to get up and stretch because I was uncomfortable shall we say.

“I went into the Broadstairs cottage, I was really tired. I looked around the cottage.

“John’s note was there which he had left, but it was emptier than it should be.

“There was nothing disturbed about the floorboards on this day.

“I took Helen’s phone to Broadstairs, drove down with it in my pocket.

“Almost automatically I put mine and Helen’s phone on charge at the cottage.

“Just after 10am when I got there, I set an alarm and laid down on the bed and I did fall asleep.

“That was all I did. The alarm was set for 12.50pm, ready to meet them.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906

He's got to go meet gangsters but calmly takes a relaxing nap, for nearly three hours, before he does.

Chloe Keedy ‏@ChloeKeedyITV 21m21 minutes ago

Stewart says Nick became violent when he told him Helen's brother wanted to report her missing- 'hit me in the side...ended up on all fours'

might be a position he'll find himself in more often in future

10:46
'I went to Margate and met Nick. He took Helen's phone and told me to go home'

“I sent a text to John Bailey and Tracey Stratton saying: ‘Setting off for home, maybe just maybe, some of Helen’s clothes were missing’.

“I just didn’t want to be disturbed when I was dealing with Nick or Joe.”

Stewart’s car is captured by CCTV in Margate.

“I went to Margate, I parked not quite where they said. I parked at part of the Harbour arm.

“I got out of my car and started to walk out of the harbour arm.

“Nick joined me almost immediately. I saw him come from the cars at the car park.

“There was no-one else with him. I didn’t see what type of car he had.

“He took Helen’s phone then he said: ‘What did the police say when you told them, what did they do?’

“I said they’d been to the house and searched it.

“I said: ‘Can I speak to Helen now, where is she?’

“He said: ‘No we still need Helen here for a few days to sort out this problem. We’ll come and see you soon’.

“He then threatened me again, saying I wouldn’t see Helen again.

“He said: ‘Walk to the end of harbour arm. Then come back and go home.’ So I did.”

10:20
'Nick told me to go to the cliff top in Broadstairs and if I told the police I wouldn't see Helen again'

“Nick was furious and he hit me in the side again, I ended up on all fours on the ground.

“I was trying to get my breath.

“He went outside the bedroom and made a phonecall.

“He was telling them I hadn’t found the phone and that Helen’s brother had been to Broadstairs and wanted to phone the police. “He then came back in and said: ‘You’ve got to find that phone if you can, we need it and Helen needs it’.

“He then said we want you to bring it to Broadstairs tomorrow (April 16).

“He said go to Broadstairs regardless whether I found the phone or not.

“He then told me that after lunch at 1.30pm to walk along the cliff top in Broadstairs.

“He spun me round put his arm round my neck and said: ‘You don’t seem to understand how serious it is, this is really serious, if you don’t do what we say or tell the police or anyone, you won’t see Helen again’.

“He said: ‘This is what happened to Helen’ and I fell to the floor trying to get my breath back.

“He said ‘make sure I see you in Broadstairs tomorrow. Don’t tell anyone or you won’t see Helen again.’

I'm sorry but if I was in that court room I'd be pissing myself laughing out loud at this.

Hopefully they'll put him in with Charles Bronson (or Charles Salvador as he likes to be called these days)

I know someone who did time and was driven half crazy as he was with another non smoker but the cell mate spent the night eating biscuits. Prefer the Charles Bronson option though.

I wish I'd known you were here for the Becky Watts trial. My husband never makes a great sounding board for my feelings about these things. Still, I think "I was going to secretly pack her in a suitcase and take her to some woods to scare her for being rude to my mum" was better than this. At least NM admitted he was present and did it!

Yes we thought NM's story was unbelievable but this one takes the biscuit.

IS may as well throw a couple of vampires and werewolves into the story.

Don't think disability benefits are means tested, hence why Katie Price and David Cameron claimed them for their kids. It sounds like he's been on them for years as well as sick pay/pension from work so might not even have been assessed under the new PIP rules

They aren't for children but they are for adults I'm pretty sure. It's one reason why estates sometimes go into trust. The accountant chap seemed to suggest that IS had £££ in the bank even without Diane's estate though.

Now I'm thinking he's deliberately making this story up, wanting the jury to find him criminally insane, so that they send him to a lunatic asylum instead of serving a life long prison sentence, because no-one in their right mind would believe this story that he's spewing out...

Dominic Reynolds (@domreynolds) tweeted at 10:25 AM on Thu, Feb 09, 2017:
Says Nick again became violent, saying "I don't think you understand how serious this is. Tell anyone & you won't see #helenbailey again"

IS has really been watching too many crime dramas!

Really bad ones! Sounds more like a rejected script from the files of Police Squad (in color).

10:48
'I told my parents Helen was missing'

“On the way home I made the decision to tell my mum and dad about Helen.

“I was considering telling my dad about Joe but I didn’t.

“I got to the house, told them Helen was missing, then went home.

“I just wanted to tell them and talk to someone. It was good to see them as well.”

Kate Bradbrook (@katebradbrook) tweeted at 10:38 AM on Thu, Feb 09, 2017:
#helenbailey Ian Stewart tells jury he met Nick in Broadstairs, asked if called police "no." Asks can I see Helen "no not yet" @BBCLookEast

Is there any logical reason why Nick & Joe would meet him in miles away in Broadstairs and not just pop round to the house again?

He didn't want to be disturbed while dealing with Joe or Nick. What a hero!

It's the basis of one of the counts of perverting the course of justice (that he lied about having it/disposed of it).

If I was being violently abducted I'm not sure I'd hide my phone in the study where neither my abductors nor partner could find it. Did Helen nip off and hide it while N&J were busy patting Boris?

He's also trying to make up a story that adds into the phone connecting to broadstairs. Omg I can hardly breathe at this nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member