GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10:51
'I went to see Tony Hurley. I didn't tell him about Joe and Nick'

“I went to Tony Hurley’s old offices. I just wanted to look him in the eye and ask ‘did he know where Helen was?’

“I assumed he was going to say no and then I was going to take his advice.

“That was my plan. I made a mistake, because I’d forgotten he’d moved his offices to London.

“When I got there I realised this. I was told that Tony Hurley was going to ring me later.

“I could tell something was not quite right, that’s why I didn’t tell him on the phone about Joe and Nick.

“I wasn’t trusting him but I should have done. He didn’t believe me about the wedding. I knew something was wrong, he wasn’t speaking right.

“He didn’t trust me and I didn’t trust him” Stewart’s voice breaks as he tells jurors this.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906

Is this supposedly meant to be on the Friday when Nick returned or the Monday when 'they took her'?

I'm in work today and not sure I can read any of this in here. I'm seriously fighting off hysterical laughter. His story is hilariously bad. I'm wondering if he's setting himself up for a stint on reality TV after this or something. Has anyone listened to 'my dad wrote a *advertiser censored*' podcast? This is like that but for murders. It's the worse made up story in living history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought at first it was Monday 11th but now I think he's saying that instead of bringing Helen back on Friday as arranged, Nick came on his own.

10:15
Stewart's evidence continues - "She was alive. I spoke with her on the phone"

Stewart has taken the witness box again. He says he didn’t see Helen on Friday April 15 - the day Joe and Nick told him Helen would be back.

“Nick showed up, he handed me a phone, I said ‘hello’.

“Helen says: ‘I love you, sorry about everything.

“I said: ‘It’s not your fault. I love you too.

“She said: ‘I need my phone, it’s on my desk, give it to them and do what they say’.

“I said: ‘Where are you? He then lifted the phone off me.

“It was definitely Helen. She was alive, I was speaking with her.”

10:12
Court in session

Case has just been called on, not a seat left in the court room and extra seats have been put out for members of the press. Stewart is in the dock, wearing a pale grey shirt. We are waiting for jurors and the judge.

sorry about everything?

OH big mistake IS.

He could have said they hid her body that day but nope by speaking to her on the phone and confirming she was still alive he's got to write in an extra chapter about how they got back into the property at a later date to put her in the cess pit.

Not only that does he have to now write in a part that they killed her because of his bungling attempts to do what he asked ?

10:34
'I went to the cottage in Broadstairs on Saturday, April 16 to meet them'

“On the Saturday morning (April 16) I headed down to Broadstairs.

“I stopped en route at almost every other opportunity, at every service station, to get up and stretch because I was uncomfortable shall we say.

“I went into the Broadstairs cottage, I was really tired. I looked around the cottage.

“John’s note was there which he had left, but it was emptier than it should be.

“There was nothing disturbed about the floorboards on this day.

“I took Helen’s phone to Broadstairs, drove down with it in my pocket.

“Almost automatically I put mine and Helen’s phone on charge at the cottage.

“Just after 10am when I got there, I set an alarm and laid down on the bed and I did fall asleep.

“That was all I did. The alarm was set for 12.50pm, ready to meet them.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906

It's still all about him...even when he's racing down to Broadstairs to be reunited with his captive fiancee

Judge is going to be furious with him for wasting resources. He will go down for a long long time.

So true. My understanding is that it can also work in the reverse if a murderer pleads guilty. The little piece of filth that murdered my Aunt (also Godmother) got life, with about five years deducted for pleading guilty. In fact he had no option due to DNA, fingerprints and copious amounts of blood all over him. CCTV footage picked him up shopping for clean clothes. He also got a further three years off due to his 'young' age - WTF was that all about?! I still rage about it. At least he subsequently had to be moved to a more secure prison after being slashed across the face by another prisoner.

So, IS will probably have an even longer mandatory sentence imposed due to his own arrogance - at least I hope so!?

10:54
'I tried to reach Helen with texts, phone calls and emails'

“I sent texts to Helen’s number.

“I just wanted to get messages to Helen, I assumed she had the phone at this stage.

“It was just one way to talk to Helen. After that I rang her phone regularly, it was good to hear her voice on the answer machine.

“It was one way to hear her voice” Stewart’s voice breaks again.

“I gave up on the texts at some point and started sending emails.

10:28
'I text Helen's phone even though I had it in my posession'

“During this time Helen’s Jeep was at the front of the house. On the day I called the police and when police arrived, there was nothing covering up the view of the manhole cover to the cesspit in the garage.

“Police were looking around, I showed them indoors, in the garden, just showing them around.

“Just after 11.30pm I sent Helen a text to her mobile: ‘You didn’t go to Broadstairs, I contacted the police. I had no choice. They want to publicise this [that you are missing]. Please let us know you’re OK’.

“I was texting Helen and Joe, that’s just what I decided to do.

“But I had the phone at the house at this stage to take to Broadstairs. I was texting it when I had it in my possession, knowing someone would have it tomorrow.

“I thought I would give the phone to Helen the next day.”

Can the judge stop a case due to absurdity?

He's got to go meet gangsters but calmly takes a relaxing nap, for nearly three hours, before he does.

He's just throwing in reminders of how tired and weak and in pain he was, to remind that although he could do all this he wasn't capable of lifting of a cess pit lid and puttign Helen in there.

So we interspersed with the story we get

“I stopped en route at almost every other opportunity, at every service station, to get up and stretch because I was uncomfortable shall we say.

“I went into the Broadstairs cottage, I was really tired. I looked around the cottage.

“Just after 10am when I got there, I set an alarm and laid down on the bed and I did fall asleep

10:36
'I turned Helen's phone on without thinking'

“I turned Helen’s phone on without thinking.

“I realised almost instantly that I’d been told not to use it and they didn’t want it detected.

“So I turned it off, it was on very, very briefly.

“Then I sat downstairs for a while, laid down on the sofa and waited for 1.30pm basically.”

The WiFi connection.

10:36
'I turned Helen's phone on without thinking'

“I turned Helen’s phone on without thinking.

“I realised almost instantly that I’d been told not to use it and they didn’t want it detected.

“So I turned it off, it was on very, very briefly.

“Then I sat downstairs for a while, laid down on the sofa and waited for 1.30pm basically.”

In the words of Julia Roberts in 'Pretty Woman' - "Big mistake. BIG, big mistake"

10:55
Stewart's barrister asks about one particular text

Defence barrister Simon Russell Flint asks: “In a text to Helen you said: ‘You promised me more’. What did that mean?”

Stewart said: “Every new year she made me renew that promise to be together for 30 years. This was longer than her relationship with John Sinfield and mine with Diane.”

Still searching for where I found Helen talking about her aversion to prescription medicine, I re-read this post from her blog others have mentioned on here. So ironic.....according to Ian they were already seeing each other...

"In a funny way, I’m thankful to them both, but particularly Media Man, because he reminded me that however a man might look on the outside, it doesn’t mean that they are as respectful as my husband was, and that however savvy you think you are, however much you think you are in control, often you’re not. Because Media Man stepped over the line in a crowded London bar his behaviour didn’t shock me, it made me laugh with the sheer crassness of it all. But had it happened in a flat or a dark street, I might not be laughing now. I had a lucky escape in my room at college when I was eighteen. It was the first and only time I ever met a seriously sleazy man who forced himself on me. Since then I was not only lucky, but blessed by spending time with wonderful men who I trusted, but Media Man gave me a sharp wake up that sleazebags are out there and that sometimes they are disguised as charming men who look good in a smart jacket.

As we left the bar, Big Bird, a woman I would trust with my life and who has been my Angel in a J Cup for years said to me, “You’re more vulnerable than you think, you know.”

Ladies, if you only remember one rule about dating or even just living this new life on Planet Grief, it is this: Stay safe.

Promise me."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big Bird is Tracey Stratton

I can't go on anymore with this......I'm getting a big headache........wake me up when reality takes over.........zzzzzzzzzz

10:59
'I was anxious and under a lot of stress'

“I didn’t want police to take my phone away. It was my mum’s way to contact me, I let them download the stuff off there at least once.

“I carried on texting Helen, it was a communication trail.

“I later went to see Dr Howe. Before that they did the police search, the very big one.

“I went to see Dr Howe, I had almost no sleep. My mind was going over the same things: ‘Act normal, be normal, should I tell anyone?’

“I was worried about ending up in hospital. I wanted something to calm me down.

“I went to see Dr Howe again on April 21, I was anxious and under a lot of stress.

“When I phoned the mental health line they’d given me they wouldn’t talk to me because the GP practice was in Cambridgeshire and I was living in Hertfordshire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pips
"The police also confirmed that the sons have solid alibis."

Anyone know about this? We have heard nothing in court about the sons 'solid alibis' and doubt police would have relayed this to just anyone. And even if they have 'solid alibis' for April 11 - though we still have JS's unaccounted for extra long period of time from leaving bowls to arriving home - I don't know how they managed to go for all those months around their father without having the remotest suspicion. Was IS really that good an actor?
Police confirmed it to several of us who gave statements.

10:55
Stewart's barrister asks about one particular text

Defence barrister Simon Russell Flint asks: “In a text to Helen you said: ‘You promised me more’. What did that mean?”

Stewart said: “Every new year she made me renew that promise to be together for 30 years. This was longer than her relationship with John Sinfield and mine with Diane.”

oh that speaks volumes to the mindset of the man - inferiority shining through

10:46
'
“I said: ‘Can I speak to Helen now, where is she?’

“He said: ‘No we still need Helen here for a few days to sort out this problem. We’ll come and see you soon’.

“He then threatened me again, saying I wouldn’t see Helen again.

“He said: ‘Walk to the end of harbour arm. Then come back and go home.’ So I did.”

Why at no point does ask what this "problem" is that they want Helemn to sort out?

He just seems to accept the vague "sorting out a problem"explanation everytime.Like "Ah a problem you say...well fair enough, say no more"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214