GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12:21
"I had more money than I could spend - before Helen came along"

“In financial terms we couldn’t have wanted for anything more. I was extremely lucky, I had more money than I could spend. That was before Helen came along.”

Even assuming he was mortgage free, £2k a month is nowhere near "more than I could spend".

12:29
“Was that a motive for you to kill her in April rather than in September?”

Defence barrister Simon Russell Flint: “Was that a motive for you to kill her in April rather than in September?”

Stewart: “No, absolutely not.”

11:12
The house had to be made ‘Boris proof’

“The budget we wanted to stick to was £4,000. The house had to be made ‘Boris proof’. The previous owner had dogs but they had labradors. “Boris was little and would go in any little hole. So we had to get fencing, so he could go in the garden and not get out. “We had to Boris proof the pool as well. The pool cover moves on tracks and is completely sealed in. “You could drive a Rolls Royce on it. “This was done before my house was sold, so Helen funded all of that.”

4K budget for a 7 bedroom house???? Is he mental?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point colourpurple! I wouldn't be surprised, either, if he didn't even have the gall to own up to a broken ornament to Helen and would rather get a cleaner sacked then admit it.
2CAF067100000578-3248283-Widowed_in_an_instant_Helen_Bailey_and_her_husband_John_Sinfield-a-149_1443808090689.jpg

Helen obviously loved hares - this one on the bookshelf really caught my attention ages ago, Is he thinking back through old photos to try and add some 'fact' to his fantasy whilst at the same time quite obviously trying to paint the cleaner as untrustworthy? Cunning b*stard. I hope he is torn apart by Pros!

12:27
"I did not know I was the beneficiary"

“Helen was shocked and aghast at the inheritance tax, and that all that money was going to be taken out of her money.

“The policy was to pay the inheritance tax. What I did not know was that I was the beneficiary.”

I think it's more likely he knew that he was the beneficiary and didn't realise he'd have to use it to pay the inheritance tax on the rest of his inheritance.

wow he is so sneaky

BIB, we'd been discussing this aspect for days here, Eileen's evidence of HB's tiredness whilst he was away in hosp .
so now he uses weaves this into his story to attempt to score corroboration for his lies.

Bring on Mr Trimmer!

I am beginning to think he reads our forum. He certainly could have done until he was remanded and it wouldn't surprise me if he had access to a computer whilst inside. I don't know what prison rules are with respect to remand prisoners - can anyone help out?

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 5m5 minutes ago

#helenbailey Defendant Ian Stewart tells jury he never took sleeping pills prescribed to him as Helen had taken them from him

#helenbailey IS tells court HB googled zopiclone and found not suitable for IS medical condition..said she might take herself

#helenbailey Ian Stewart asked if he administered zopiclone to HB surreptitiously in any way at any time? IS replies "no

MORE LIES. OMG what a LYING

12:30
Joint bank account

“Stewart is now talking about the bank accounts of himself and Helen.

“We set up a joint account, a Santander 123 account.

“I set it up and put some money in initially.

We worked out that £600 each, so £1,200 a month, would be more than enough for our expenses. “Each of us sent in another £10,000 to this account as we realised we weren’t making enough of the account.”

12:26
The will: “At one stage it was 70 per cent left to me and 30 per cent left to John Bailey"

“She knew that Tony Hurley (her financial advisor) could do what he likes. She couldn’t understand why she ended up with this sort of will.

“If Tony died, I still don’t know what would have happened [to her will].

“It was her concern that I would be looked after, she couldn’t get it in her head that I didn’t need the money. “At one stage it was 70 per cent left to me and 30 per cent left to John Bailey (Helen’s brother).”

BIB replace She with I and his thoughts shine through

11:21
“There was no sinister reason for me saying don’t change the bed, or the sheets."

“There was no sinister reason for me saying don’t change the bed, or the sheets. I just didn’t want any hassle. We did have a green quilt for the bed, which we put on two or three times a week. “That’s still there, in the spare bedroom or wardrobes. “There was no sinister purpose to taking this duvet off the bed.”

But Helen is dead - Helen was murdered. Bit of a coincidence all the fuss being made about the bed & also trying first to intercept the cleaner by text (for the first time!) to try and stop her from coming...Duvet going to the dump. Has to mean there WAS a sinister reason - Helen was killed round about that time. No coincidence.

Having known Helen there is NO WAY she would have done that! She was too respectful and classy.

I'm now wondering if he did the ring thing and she was so in love she never said anything because it was MASSIVELY INAPPROPRIATE. what kind of total tight arse numpty would recycle their dead wife's ring????? I'm dying here. This is ridiculous

4K budget for a 7 bedroom house???? Is he mental?

I couldn't work out if he meant 4k for the fencing cause 4k is far too little a budget for a house that size, especially when you've got a 20k budget for a ring ;).

2CAF067100000578-3248283-Widowed_in_an_instant_Helen_Bailey_and_her_husband_John_Sinfield-a-149_1443808090689.jpg

Helen obviously loved hares - this one on the bookshelf really caught my attention ages ago, Is he thinking back through old photos to try and add some 'fact' to his fantasy whilst at the same time quite obviously trying to paint the cleaner as untrustworthy? Cunning b*stard. I hope he is torn apart by Pros!
IS probably broke the hare while rummaging through all the things on the bookshelf looking for passwords/ wills etc. that were placed behind books.

His 'bowel worked in reverse'? Ah yes, that explains why he's full of **IT!

I hope there are plenty of women on that jury because any woman will see through the nonsense he has talked about rings. No woman, let alone one as classy as Helen, would be anything but repulsed at the prospect of wearing a recently deceased former wife's eternity ring.

And no woman who can afford a £14k engagement ring (and loves jewellery, as Helen did), would decide a ring of that value was 'too valuable' to wear. That is a man's logic - and in this case, Ian Stewart's he clearly did not see any point whatsoever in spending £14k on a piece of jewellery for Helen. Not least because he had no intention of marrying her!

He stupidly revealed Helen didn't like asking for discounts, thereby revealing it was HIM who was grumbling about the price and putting her through the embarrassment of telling the jeweller he thought the ring too expensive - and he obviously did! It will be clear to any woman listening to him he never had any intention of buying her a £14k ring. He's not half as clever as he thinks he is.

Yip I'm stuck in bed recuperating atm, so it's iPad. Thanks CP, that could be it. Will try the laptop :)

12:34
"Did you know her pin number?"

Stewart denies having anything to do with the amendments to a standing order from Helen’s bank account on April 11.

Defence barrister Simon Russell Flint: “Two factors require using the debit card of Helen’s. Did you have her debit card on April 11?”

Stewart: “No.”

Mr Russell Flint: “Did you know her pin number?”

Dominic Reynolds Verified account ‏@domreynolds 26s26 seconds ago

Stewart is asked if he slipped sleeping pill zopiclone into #helenbailey's food, as prosecution alleged. "No"

Haha this doesn't explain why she wondered why she was falling asleep. If she was Tired and KNOWINGLY taking sleeping tablets she wouldn't be GOOGLING why she was tired. She'd be googling 'does zopiclone give you daytime sleepiness' this man is an idiot.

I am beginning to think he reads our forum. He certainly could have done until he was remanded and it wouldn't surprise me if he had access to a computer whilst inside. I don't know what prison rules are with respect to remand prisoners - can anyone help out?

I was wondering the same thing. It would be quite a useful resource to someone in remand to make sure they could tie up loose ends and get their story sounding plausible to an uninformed jury. I hope access is blocked to remand prisoners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap