GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal favourite is how Nick and Joe know random little snippets of info like Boris's name and Helen's holiday home.

And ISs phone number - even though he was not involved in the discussions, being as he had to * mind* Boris or loiter in the garage until the bad men had gone away

I thought that was a bit odd. Helen, who loves London and is within reach of many good Universities, is thinking of going to Nottingham Trent ??

Which brings into question the timings again and when exactly was Helen killed

I thought it could be an online course, but I can't see Helen being interested in these subjects, apart from possibly fashion management, but not convinced on that either.

What courses do we offer?

We currently offer online courses in the following:

If you need any more help or information, please email the Admissions Team or call on +44 (0)115 941 8419
We also offer an online course in MSc Biomedical Science by Flexible Learning

https://www.ntu.ac.uk/study-and-courses/courses/distance-learning-online

I think it highly likely she never got up that morning and her body was lying in the bed upstairs alive doped up on zopiclone or dead until the boys had left. The timings are tight for such a planned murder if he expected her to be soundly asleep when he killed her. Boris was probably killed later in the day. So I think the communications were fake

I thought they gave him/made him buy a separate PAYG phone for their nefarious dealings? Why would they need to memorise his other number?

Msc in biomedical science makes sense because she initially trained in forensics and you can learn that one flexibly

“As Joe was going through to the study he said ‘I’m in GGHW’"

What does being 'in' it mean then?

I think it's supposed to be a joke, saying "ooh I'm in here (with Helen)". Flirty banter like he'd "pulled" Helen.

Then we have this supposed ex business partner of Helen's husband, not only reading her book but also remembering the GGHW nickname that she used for IS, and then saying it out loud to him. " jee jee aich double ewe "

I cannot believe he has confessed to making the note up. The note was totally what kept all the false hope going. He could at least have said that NiJo told him to pretend that there was a note.

I can't wait for the next instalment! What are we to discover happened on the Friday?

My thoughts exactly, I think he has made a huge strategic error in admitting there was no note and that he fabricated that story and repeatedly lied to his sons, the police and everybody else. It weakens his credibility even further (if that's possible). The real reason he lied about the note is crystal clear - to send police towards Kent and away from the crime scene and Helen and Boris' bodies.

His story today, such as it was, only confirms what has been growing ever more obvious in recent days. That although the murder was pre-planned by at least a year, (showing ruthless forward thinking and intent), its execution was bungled and poorly thought out. He didn't have a strong and credible back story worked out in advance (not even for his sons' consumption), and the desperate, 11th hour invention of Joe and Nick was never going to fool anyone.

IS will ultimately be damned by his own idiocy and conceit. I hope Trimmer really goes to town and humiliates him on the stand, exposing his lifelong 'victim' act for the cynical sham it is - and pointing out he's been scuppered by a combination of greed, arrogance and stupidity. He's no master criminal, more Cretin than Crippen!

And ISs phone number - even though he was not involved in the discussions, being as he had to * mind* Boris or loiter in the garage until the bad men had gone away

And he recognised it as his number but had forgotten it by time his phone was missing.

I think more threatening, about him being in the house now so GGHW better watch his step.

I agree the whole premise is completely laughable though. Did he refer to Boris as "The Hound" too?

But who in that house would be googling Nottingham Trent?! The sons were both at work (and both graduates iirc), I can't see Big Broad Bean fancying any academic pursuits and I agree with your opinion on Helen.

Maybe Joe was looking to widen his career prospects?

It was Boris - looking to sign up for the Gambling for Dachshunds - course

Well I... jeez that man! Nae need to watch the soaps tonight, im done!

A phobia, you monster. Is that why you put her there? What an absolute cretin.

Yes - I think it is part of his fantasy

Domination of the victim is a key part of this.

Others have said he hated Helen and I think that is most likely correct.

This doesn't seem like the typical abuser who loses control and murderers his domestic partner.

This is far more controlled and furtive.

The Tesco CCTV is bugging me, I don't get the relevance. It could be something I missed or not reported.

If I missed it could someone please help me out?

If not, hopefully it will become clear during cross-ex.

[FONT=&amp]14:53[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Tesco CCTV images were not us"

“On Saturday, April 9, Helen and I went to Tesco. We were there that day, but those CCTV images (in jury bundle) were not us.
“We called the police because a fight was going on.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-trial-partner-ian-12573132
[/FONT]

This is the other thing how did Nick and Joe manage to kill her without leaving a mark on her without getting her to take her zopocline. There was no other dope in her system except paracetomol.

oh I forgot she carried them in a little bag in her handbag - So she could go to sleep on the go? Who keeps sleeping tablets in their handbag?

Yes - I think it is part of his fantasy

Domination of the victim is a key part of this.

Others have said he hated Helen and I think that is most likely correct.

This doesn't seem like the typical abuser who loses control and murderers his domestic partner.

This is far more controlled and furtive.

I agree. He also had no need to mention that at all, I think it's like his grinning under police interview, he just can't keep in how pleased he is to have done what he did.

Wait a minute, why would nasty Nick even come back? Based on this version it seems it was just to threaten Big Bean? I bet poor Big Bean had another explosive accident on the floor.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I think he came back so that IS had verbal confirmation that they had Helen and Boris (in case people weren't following his story and needed this point hammered home)

The Tesco CCTV is bugging me, I don't get the relevance. It could be something I missed or not reported.

“On Saturday, April 9, Helen and I went to Tesco. We were there that day, but those CCTV images (in jury bundle) were not us.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-trial-partner-ian-12573132
[/FONT]

The way the story's going, security guard must have used IS' phone to call the police. IS is saying he himself called the police (not the guard) because he saw a fight.

Why he wants to deny it was him in the cctv goodness only knows. There has to be a (hairbrained) reason. I expect it will only become clear under cross.

[/FONT]
Him making that phone call links him to the phone that he conveniently lost. I suppose he knows now he can't deny making the call but he may have initially denied it to police so is still claiming it isn't him in the cctv to cover up the lies.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

surely, she wouldn't have taken zopocline again until bedtime. So whether Nick and Joe took her away or murdered her there and then she would most likely have woken up even if she'd have been napping. She wouldn't have been napping using Zopocline during the day, only if she naturally felt tired and needed to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*