GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WMSky (@wmarxsky) tweeted at 4:02 PM on Thu, Feb 09, 2017:
Prosecutor draws attention to message from Stewart, addressing Helen Bailey, in which he said he and her family were "shattered"

I was thinking same. When you use a mac you don't go on to a windows machine and say you like it. I'm getting the feeling he can't use a mac....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course! It's blindingly obvious now you say it.

Trimmer: “They and a large number of the community had it in mind to find Helen?”

Stewart: “That’s how it transpired, yes. I didn’t want that to happen.”

well, there's one true answer at least

Trimmer: “We’re going to come to what I call story number one, that Helen had gone and left a note. That is what you told the whole world for a while.”

Stewart: “Yes.”

Trimmer: “She had gone because she wanted time and space on her own, and you weren’t supposed to contact her in any way?”

Trimmer: “The contents of the note which you lost indicated she had gone to Broadstairs and was unable to say how long she would be.”

Trimmer: “You made it up, there was no note.”

Stewart: “Yes I said it at the spur of the moment.”

Trimmer: “It wasn’t a spur of the moment thing. This was a calculated account to deal with a number of things. It dealt with her absence, and the absence of Boris. It had the chime of reality that included Broadstairs.

Trimmer: “You’re really suggesting someone who didn’t know Helen at all told you to say she had gone to Broadstairs? It’s a load of nonsense.”

Stewart: “No.”

Trimmer: “This is your reason you were going to give to the world about why you were sad, and you went out of your way to enhance that impression of being distressed.”

Stewart: “I was distressed.”

Trimmer: “There was no note.”

Stewart: “No. I had to say she left a note and I lost it.”

WTF earlier he admitted he had totally made up the note now he said he lost it. OOOOOPS

WMSky (@wmarxsky) tweeted at 4:06 PM on Thu, Feb 09, 2017:
Prosecution suggests a rest. Mr. Stewart says he wants to continue. Defense barrister suggests Stewart should take offer of break

I suspect what he was trying to say was that she liked the new blog page that he was working on.

I find that even harder to believe, it was awful. This woman already had a nice looking blog and no doubt had surfed hundreds of other gorgeous blogs in her many years on the internet and social media.

Jury is dismissed by judge, case adjourned until Monday

Oh I forgot to say at one point IS mentioned the floorboards at Broadstairs looking ok, I'd very much like to know if these floorboards have been ripped up and looked under. Quite a few mentions of floorboards from him now. He asked the police if they'd rip them up and one time as well I'm sure .....

I wondered about the floorboards too! Unless he was trying to send them off track?

The defendant is asked about the press appeal made during the search for Helen Bailey

Trimmer: “These kidnappers are presumably alive and well and living in England now. You carefully avoided giving any information to police so they could find out where they are?”

Stewart: “I didn’t know any information.”

Trimmer is now reading out the press appeal Stewart made to newspapers during her disappearance.

Trimmer: “Heartfelt isn’t it, Stewart?”

Stewart: “That’s what I was feeling, still is what I’m feeling.”

Trimmer: “You know she’s not missing out there going to read this, don’t you?”

Stewart: “I thought she was. It was a message from my heart at the time.”

Trimmer: “You appeared to be suggesting she had fallen out with you and that there’s a problem?”

Stewart: No.”

Trimmer: “Listen carefully: ‘I will come and get you and Boris and give you whatever you need’. What did you think she needed?”

Stewart: “She’d been kidnapped. I don’t know. It’s a message I hoped she would see. I just wrote it at the time.”

Trimmer: “At the time you wanted the world to believe she’d gone of her own free will, didn’t you?”

Stewart: “In some ways as some people weren’t aware she had been taken.”

Trimmer: “You put her in the cesspit with the dog, and the toys, and the pillow case.”

Stewart: “No.”

----
Stewart: “I didn’t know any information.”

Yes you did, we've had a full description plus the links to JS

Trimmer hasn't even GOT to Jose and Nico yet. I am wondering if he will bother as IS "story" is so clearly a work of fiction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're only on Story No.1. that'll be Story . No.2. Can't wait

Prosecution suggests a rest. Mr. Stewart says he wants to continue. Defense barrister suggests Stewart should take offer of break

Defence counsel needs to get him off the stand and do some heavy duty coaching!

Ah good point..yes that's WHY the transaction was attempted from HIS computer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Irony is that the security on a mac is so good that if he had used her machine then locked it up he could have denied knowing the password, turned on file vault and there's no way the police are getting anything out of that machine. he's an idiot.... [emoji51]

I find that even harder to believe, it was awful. This woman already had a nice looking blog and no doubt had surfed hundreds of other gorgeous blogs in her many years on the internet and social media.

Oh, of course - it's just another of his lies.

Stewart: “She’d been kidnapped. I don’t know. It’s a message I hoped she would see. I just wrote it at the time.”

that comes across like a grumpy school child ... I did my best, just leave it now

Both the judge and his defence barrister Simon Russell Flint suggest Stewart has a break. That’s the end of evidence for today.

The trial will resume at 10am on Monday. Jurors are on course to consider their verdicts a week on Monday, the judge tells them.

Stewart will continue in the witness stand on Monday.

a whole weekend break to refine his fantasies, how very convenient for him!
Will he get any family visits this weekend or will he be "distanced"?

Did we get this update over?

'You set about deceiving those she loved'

Trimmer: “You could use all her vulnerability and the things people knew about her to create a story.”

Stewart: “I never had a story.”

Trimmer: “You said she needed some space on her own, why were you using that as an expression?”

Stewart: “It was a spur of the moment thing.”

Trimmer: “Did you say to some people ‘some of her clothes appear to be gone’?”

Stewart: “Yes. The wardrobe in Broadstairs didn’t appear right when I got down there.”

Trimmer: “You set about deceiving those she loved.”

Stewart: “I had no choice, I had to.”

Trimmer: “John Bailey sits over there [in the court room] and you trust him?”

Stewart: “As much as anyone else, yes.”

Trimmer: “John Bailey is a capable man isn’t he, very sensible?”

Stewart: “Yes, from what I do know about him. I probably met him 10 or 12 times.”

Trimmer: “What you did was cruel to them and to him.”

Stewart: “Yes, extremely.”

Trimmer: “They were as entitled as you to make a decision as to whether Helen was at risk or not?”

Stewart: “At the time my mind was to behave normally and do what Nick and Joe said. Knowing what did happen I wouldn’t do the same, but that’s not possible is it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member