GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trimmer: “At the time you wanted the world to believe she’d gone of her own free will, didn’t you?”

Stewart: “In some ways as some people weren’t aware she had been taken.”

Some people ? that would be everybody then, apart from IS

I think the Defence did everything within reason to help the Prosecution.

They too were assured of his guilt.

Can we even say that though? Surely IS would have basis for an appeal if it was to transpire his defence were plotting against him? Or at least helping the prosecution....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The defence wouldn't help the prosecution as such. It's more the case that they can't help their own client. When the prosecution evidence is so incredibly strong and their client wants to testify, in all probability against his counsel's advice, counsel is not left with much to work with. He can only let IS babble along and dig himself into an even bigger hole than he was already in. The end result is the same though, IS does in fact become the best witness for the prosecution.

I wasn't aware that the dog's fur had been tested by Piper, just chest cavity. Never saw that anywhere but It'd be interesting if they had sampled the fur.
Thought Piper said there were issues with Zop traces "fading" in some body tissues?

PS I don't think he killed Boris with Zop, I think he did it with a bin liner and pillow slip but that's JMO/speculation.

You're correct, it wasn't the vet but the toxicologist who stated this. I noted it at the time as it did seem to be a useful 'control' that the hair immersed in sewage (which might itself contain trace amounts of zopiclone) did not become contaminated in this way giving greater confidence that the zopiclone in Helen's hair was a real result.

Both the judge and his defence barrister Simon Russell Flint suggest Stewart has a break. That’s the end of evidence for today.

The trial will resume at 10am on Monday. Jurors are on course to consider their verdicts a week on Monday, the judge tells them.

Stewart will continue in the witness stand on Monday.

a whole weekend break to refine his fantasies, how very convenient for him!
Will he get any family visits this weekend or will he be "distanced"?

So we've got 5 more days of Defence - they must be puttting someone else up, cant be ol Sykic for that long surely ?

I can see Trimmer just gradually needling him more and more. The huffy, dismissive Ian that some police and medical staff saw will be to the fore. As soon as he feels he is losing control. he's going to unravel like a knitted cardi.

Thanks for the updates everyone,

I might actually get some work done tomorrow now no court!

So we've got 5 more days of Defence - they must be puttting someone else up, cant be ol Sykic for that long surely ?
Realistically probably 2 or 3 days of defence. The Pros and Def counsels will do their summing up and then the Judge does his, That could easily take 2 or 3 days?

I find that even harder to believe, it was awful. This woman already had a nice looking blog and no doubt had surfed hundreds of other gorgeous blogs in her many years on the internet and social media.

Helen could, should and would have had the best new website money could buy, were she not humouring that buffoon and pandering to his ego that he could set up a decent site for her. So very sad!

Copied over from Cotton's post

The prosecution suggests a break as Stewart is getting tired, but Stewart says: No, I want to get this over with.”

does he think the Pros is nearly finished then ?? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Stewart: “She’d been kidnapped. I don’t know. It’s a message I hoped she would see. I just wrote it at the time.”

that comes across like a grumpy school child ... I did my best, just leave it now

when he was being interviewed by police and seen by nurses etc we saw him under duress, I expected to see more of these reactions under cross today.

examples of him getting irritated and shutting people down before etc. these are quotes from a number of witnesses:

-smirks, huffy shoulder raising, head down to try and evoke tears,
-He can be seen wiping his eyes and looking tearful.
-At other stages he would say it was ‘all too much’ and retire to the main bedroom.

-and at other times he became dismissive of us, throw his hands up and walk away as if to say ‘Oh I’ve had enough of this’.“I noticed he was holding his right hand to his side, we were aware he had surgery.
- “you must be joking”,
- Are we done then? Because it’s getting late and I’m hungry”
- he grinned at me I found that quite odd.“I found him rude and dismissive. I felt a certain unease about it.”

-He lifted his arm over his eyes and started to rock his head side to side and say ‘I just want her back, I’m not sleeping, police keep asking me all these questions but i just can’t remember anything. There were no tears and his voice was very wavery but he removed his arm from his eyes and I could see there were no tears or signs of crying. That was the end of the outburst.”

-Stewart took me by shock on a couple of occasions, as he snapped at me when I pushed to do the interview with him.
his whole demeanour changed, his colour on his face was shocked.

-he would become stressed, anxious, and try to control the conversation by shutting us down

Realistically probably 2 or 3 days of defence. The Pros and Def counsels will do their summing up and then the Judge does his, That could easily take 2 or 3 days?

Ah yes, was forgetting their bit ! so, looks like IS is the only Defence witness - still he's more than up to that, isn't he, first class honours grad and course prize winner

I can see Trimmer just gradually needling him more and more. The huffy, dismissive Ian that some police and medical staff saw will be to the fore. As soon as he feels he is losing control. he's going to unravel like a knitted cardi.

I think there signs of that already, almost like he's at simmering stage

I wondered about the floorboards too! Unless he was trying to send them off track?

My instinct when I first read that IS had quizzed police about whether or not they would be taking up floorboards at Broadstairs was that is was just a crude diversionary tactic - a bit of misdirection away from the family home which was the crime scene. Why would he care what the police did at the Broadstairs house, they wouldn't find Helen and Boris there.

I suspect what he was trying to say was that she liked the new blog page that he was working on.

Not sure this is the correct quote to refer to but ......

Could Helen have gently and diplomatically put it to him that his ideas and set up etc for her new blog were ******ing hopeless ?
This could have been the thing that really incensed him and brought about his absolute need to destroy
her at that time? What he saw as her lack of absolute admiration and awe for his brilliant mind - plus the inheritance of course. :sick:

So... had a quick ol' chat with OBF during the lunch pause. He said this:

Amusingly I just overheard his brother saying to his son outside court: "He's doing alright, isn't he?" I almost laughed out loud.

Obviously can't be IS's brother since he doesn't have one so I will ask him to clarify who it was. Sounds like someone who is accustomed to being taken in by his carp though.

:loveyou:Brilliant!

Ah yes, was forgetting their bit ! so, looks like IS is the only Defence witness - still he's more than up to that, isn't he, first class honours grad and course prize winner

not a single mate as character witness called by Defence.
no-one from the Lem marriage period ? Fancy that! ;)

So... had a quick ol' chat with OBF during the lunch pause. He said this:

Amusingly I just overheard his brother saying to his son outside court: "He's doing alright, isn't he?" I almost laughed out loud.

Obviously can't be IS's brother since he doesn't have one so I will ask him to clarify who it was. Sounds like someone who is accustomed to being taken in by his carp though.

Blimey! That'll be OS then?

My thoughts on today are that IS has overegged the pudding bigtime with Joe and Nick(and Dave?). Using them to explain away everything he has done is deeply foolish. Bad men turning up and kidnapping someone is maybe believable. The bad men forcing the partner of their victim to go on holiday and go to Broadstairs and them returning to the scene of the kidnapping to dump a body is just laughable. Big Bean really is an A1 sh1ttalker!

Was it explained why it suited Joe and Nick for IS to go on holiday?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members