GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think something triggered it happening that day. Something that made him feel like he was losing control of her / the situation perhaps. I'm not convinced he woke up that morning with the intention to do it that day. As someone else said much earlier in the trial, it would make more sense to chuck her and Boris off the cliffs at Broadstairs and claim a tragic accident.

A call to the solicitors was made from the home phone in the morning to tell them Helen wasn't well and couldn't make her appointment.I can't find the timing but I thought I read it was around 9am, which would be before her computer activity which means it could have been him calling before the drugs had taken effect, knowing that would take effect soon. Alternatively I guess Helen could have changed her mind about the sale and cancelled and that triggered IS into action and he decided to go finalise the sale without her anyway.

“That was the first and only time I met Helen Bailey. My records showed that Helen was due to come into the office to see me on April 11, 2016, but my office was called and we heard that she would not be coming in because she was unwell".

Ah yes, was forgetting their bit ! so, looks like IS is the only Defence witness - still he's more than up to that, isn't he, first class honours grad and course prize winner

Only surprised he didn't mention his cycling proficiency certificate, the man is an utter buffoon.

Oh bright, bubbly, funny, gorgeous Helen - how could you have endured one date with this inadequate dullard, let alone planned a lifetime with him? I suspect her friends and family were utterly baffled by the relationship - especially those who had known her Alpha-male husband JS, the polar opposite of IS in every way.

For me the most telling part of his evidence today was probably when Trimmer talked about the moment police first told him Helen and Boris' bodies had been found in the cesspit:

Trimmer: "When you found she was in that cesspit, you must have been boiling with rage inside?"

IS: "No".

Trimmer: "...because you knew of course you hadn't done it".

IS: "My first reaction was that it was a lie. All I could remember was feeling worried".

So by his own account he knew that two ****s had kidnapped his beloved fiance, and then police tell him her body has been discovered and he didn't feel anger?! As a psychopath, he's incapable of mimicking the emotional responses of a non-psychopath. We need to see more of this and I'm sure we will!

Not sure why Trimmer was going on about IS making breakfast for Helen on the day of her disappearance, except to prove the point he gave conflicting accounts. I hope the Prosecution won't suggest he put the Zopiclone into her food or drink - I feel sure from my own little experiment (!) that's not how he did it. All the non-prescription tablets Helen routinely took every day, which IS has already mentioned in his evidence, are the obvious method and I hope this will be stated in due course.

It was a slow start today IMO, I hope this is a ploy by Trimmer to get IS' guard down and that on Monday the gloves will come off big style for some knockout blows!

So we've got 5 more days of Defence - they must be puttting someone else up, cant be ol Sykic for that long surely ?

It's quite likely that the defence will bring in their medical expert witnesses next, but Trimmer won't be finished with IS for a while.

14:48
Stewart is quizzed further about the morning of the alleged murder date

Trimmer: “One time your parents came round unexpectedly”

Stewart: “I don’t know if it was unexpectedly. Helen was upset she’d missed them.”

Very clever . He got IS to admit the parent's visit wasn't unexpected. I agree. The visit was planned and so was the drugging to avoid Helen being around during their visit.

So... had a quick ol' chat with OBF during the lunch pause. He said this:

Amusingly I just overheard his brother saying to his son outside court: "He's doing alright, isn't he?" I almost laughed out loud.

Obviously can't be IS's brother since he doesn't have one so I will ask him to clarify who it was. Sounds like someone who is accustomed to being taken in by his carp though.

J & O maybe?

Aw.

I definitely think something triggered it happening that day. Something that made him feel like he was losing control of her / the situation perhaps. I'm not convinced he woke up that morning with the intention to do it that day. As someone else said much earlier in the trial, it would make more sense to chuck her and Boris off the cliffs at Broadstairs and claim a tragic accident.

I continue to think that Helen found out about something IS was up to, don't know what though, and confronted him. He saw all his dreams as the man of the manor crumbling before him - that could be his motive IMO..

Why would anyone think a cesspit would be a good place to hide a body if it was " emptied" periodically?

What made the police look for and find said cesspit?

Also........what was he thinking when he went to the toilet?

I have a feeling he will be see a lot of feces in prison....:eek:ddsmiley:..:jail:

The person who was responsible for the emptying perhaps? He'd leave it a good few years in the hope nothing would be left. I've lived in houses where the tank has never been emptied in all the years I've lived there (tightarse landlords!)

I have believed all along the basis for his actions were born out of his resentment of Helen (and Boris) with the money being a very big bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Hunkerdown, I'm so sorry she's been lost to you, this must be absolutely heartbreaking. FWIW, I agree with you that IS was motivated by resentment and anger at his inadequacy- it just leaks out of his every utterance about Helen. There really is something very, very wrong with him.

I have believed all along the basis for his actions were born out of his resentment of Helen (and Boris) with the money being a very big bonus.

His feelings for Boris have come over loud and clear today.

14:48
Stewart is quizzed further about the morning of the alleged murder date

Trimmer: “One time your parents came round unexpectedly”

Stewart: “I don’t know if it was unexpectedly. Helen was upset she’d missed them.”

Very clever . He got IS to admit the parent's visit wasn't unexpected. I agree. The visit was planned and so was the drugging to avoid Helen being around during their visit.

I think it might equally have been that he wanted his parents to witness Helen seeming unwell/tired/depressed before she took off on the fictional trip to Broadstairs for some space.

Only surprised he didn't mention his cycling proficiency certificate, the man is an utter buffoon.

Oh bright, bubbly, funny, gorgeous Helen - how could you have endured one date with this inadequate dullard, let alone planned a lifetime with him? I suspect her friends and family were utterly baffled by the relationship - especially those who had known her Alpha-male husband JS, the polar opposite of IS in every way.

For me the most telling part of his evidence today was probably when Trimmer talked about the moment police first told him Helen and Boris' bodies had been found in the cesspit:

Trimmer: "When you found she was in that cesspit, you must have been boiling with rage inside?"

IS: "No".

Trimmer: "...because you knew of course you hadn't done it".

IS: "My first reaction was that it was a lie. All I could remember was feeling worried".

So by his own account he knew that two ****s had kidnapped his beloved fiance, and then police tell him her body has been discovered and he didn't feel anger?! As a psychopath, he's incapable of mimicking the emotional responses of a non-psychopath. We need to see more of this and I'm sure we will!

Not sure why Trimmer was going on about IS making breakfast for Helen on the day of her disappearance, except to prove the point he gave conflicting accounts. I hope the Prosecution won't suggest he put the Zopiclone into her food or drink - I feel sure from my own little experiment (!) that's not how he did it. All the non-prescription tablets Helen routinely took every day, which IS has already mentioned in his evidence, are the obvious method and I hope this will be stated in due course.

It was a slow start today IMO, I hope this is a ploy by Trimmer to get IS' guard down and that on Monday the gloves will come off big style for some knockout blows!
Regarding breakfast time I don't think he put drugs in her food but he certainly could have drugged her. My Dad lines up all the various vitamins and capsules for my Mum to take at breakfast. IS could have easily put drugs into Helens vitamins. I think this is why he claimed he got up late, his barrister groaned when he accidentally slipped up yesterday and went off script.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

His defence counsel must know this is a lost cause...no wonder he wanted IS off the stand.

Also that comment "I want to get this over with" shows his absolute lack of reality. Does he really think Trimmer would have finished with him today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

didn't the forensics people say that She might have still been alive when she went in the cesspit or at least have been fresh. Since they couldn't have put her in there until his holiday (I think I'm right that the only other possible time was during the same week when she was supposed to still be alive) then she would have died in June and the forensics would have been lately different.

didn't the forensics people say that She might have still been alive when she went in the cesspit or at least have been fresh. Since they couldn't have put her in there until his holiday (I think I'm right that the only other possible time was during the same week when she was supposed to still be alive) then she would have died in June and the forensics would have been lately different.

He said in evidence there was a day nick and joe came over and asked for the car keys and went into the garage to get something. He'll have been implying it was then.

Right! Better take my own little doggie out now. Cold and miserable here, so won't be a long outing.

How I envy you your weather. We've had the hottest summer I've ever known in Oz. It started on Boxing Day and is still going strong. I couldn't tell you how many days we've had over 40C. Tomorrow 41 and the next day 44. It will probably be our hottest summer on record. If we're lucky we'll have a couple of cloudy days and if we're really lucky we'll get a day of good rain. I hate the heat.

Enjoy your walk with your little doggie. :)

His defence counsel must know this is a lost cause...no wonder he wanted IS off the stand.

Also that comment "I want to get this over with" shows his absolute lack of reality. Does he really think Trimmer would have finished with him today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surprised he didn't come out with that classic line when he was being video-interviewed by the police: "I'm getting hungry now".

Don't forget, this is the man who can tuck into a Chinese takeaway hours after dumping the bodies of his fiance and her dog in excrement, in a cesspit mere yards from the kitchen. Food is obviously very important to him!

I hope the jury will be regularly reminded of the full horror of what he has done - he must never walk freely among decent people again.

Understandable, with all these names. Surprising Jose and Nico didn't turn into Chas and Dave with all the rabbiting going on.

I just think of the chef, Jamie Oliver, a fairly local boy for the sons' names.
I also keep reading the names as Jamie Oliver

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A call to the solicitors was made from the home phone in the morning to tell them Helen wasn't well and couldn't make her appointment.I can't find the timing but I thought I read it was around 9am, which would be before her computer activity which means it could have been him calling before the drugs had taken effect, knowing that would take effect soon. Alternatively I guess Helen could have changed her mind about the sale and cancelled and that triggered IS into action and he decided to go finalise the sale without her anyway.

“That was the first and only time I met Helen Bailey. My records showed that Helen was due to come into the office to see me on April 11, 2016, but my office was called and we heard that she would not be coming in because she was unwell".

9:04 IS said Helen rang the solicitors from the home landline

I don't recall the forensics saying this? The dogs alerted to cadaver on trousers in the main bedroom, the kitchen bench and a bucket of cleaning materials, so a deceased person.

I wonder why Nick & Joe left a pair of trousers contaminated with cadaver in IS's bedroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*