GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question we have all asked ...how could Helen have fallen and been duped by this despicable man? We all know she was extremely vulnerable at this time in her life and affection was what she needed, she had no reason to suspect or question IS, why would she?

If you have spent your life mostly happy and with genuine people around you and you are honest and loving yourself, why would you question others that appear to care for you? We all tend to judge others by our own standards and naively do not see the bad in people, why would we? She just saw IS as how he presented himself. We have no hidden agenda so therefore see none in others.

Helen was intelligent and astute, but often these qualities sadly fail us in our intimate relationships, I have seen it many times, and indeed have been there. The old saying of "once bitten twice shy" is so true, but Helen had come from a loving place, love was what she knew.

I hate him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some amazing, heartfelt and really touching posts here tonight.

What a large bunch of lovely loving people you all are.

I think I'm going to have to open some wine. Cheers to you all!

I agree with what you've just said, Tortoise, and apologise for following them with a fiddly little query (it can wait till tomorrow for an answer!)

I was just looking at the Sky News report which seems to contradict the Cambridge News report on p 10 of this thread, which had IS saying that he didn't understand the process referred to - or have I matched it to the wrong bit?

" Evidence from forensic experts showed that a regular £600 standing order from Ms Bailey's account to the couple's shared bank account had been increased to £4,000.Much of the computer's browsing history during that period had subsequently been wiped, leaving just a couple of entry logs, the experts told the jury.
Stewart, a former software engineer, acknowledged to the court that he intimately understood the process necessary to delete such information from a hard-drive."

Here's the Cambridge News bit from p.10:
15:40
Stewart is quizzed further about the standing order

Trimmer: “At 2.30pm on April 11 you’re at home, was Helen there?”

Stewart: “Yes”

Trimmer: “She would use her own computer if you were there wouldn’t she?”

Stewart: “Yes”

Trimmer: “If she was alive and well and working that afternoon, is there any reason why she couldn’t do that transaction on her own computer?”

Stewart: “She started looking at my computer, she liked the way the desktop was set up. She was writing a new blog.”

Trimmer: “You had nothing to do with that transaction, nothing at all?”

Stewart: “No.”

Trimmer: “You didn’t know Helen had done it?”

Trimmer: “She hadn’t said to you what she’d done to the standing order?”

Trimmer: “The event logs around that area have disappeared too. Any reason for that?”

Stewart: “I don’t understand operating systems on that level.”

I think he blamed it on Windows 10 doing its own quirky stuff Moll.

When I read all the posts tonight, I must confess I had my one- liner fantasy ready last week, for if I was in Court 1 at St Albans as he was about to be sentenced.

I thought - I'd say it at the end so when I was turfed out of court, it wouldn't matter - wtte " Go rot away - it's Helen that lives on."

I'm not going to go to court, much too far but I still do feel,( despite having no belief in any after-life) that you can't put out a spark like hers. ( Ultimately it doesn't matter how he disposed of her etc.)

( There's a song title for this , will see if I can find it and see if it fits in any way )

Yes......he did lay the blame on Windows.........what a schlep.

found it, here it is , that song.

There is a Light That Never Goes Out.
The rest of the lyrics do not fit but I'm posting it anyway.

The Smiths would have been part of her generation growing up and I recall her 80's+ bands refs on her blog.
Plus it has quirkiness and humour, longing/romance which she seemed to have in spades.

The funny verses about the double decker bus crash etc, can be a song for her and John Bailey, at her side, the song's scenario a dream scene, well before she met IS or even better, a dream she had when she had dumped him, had moved back to London and IS was a distant memory.

[video=youtube;7l5HRdHFuZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l5HRdHFuZ0[/video]

PS. it's not ended to be a macabre song, it's just Morrissey. The car can be John's Lotus.....

No, he's not permitted to have conferences with his counsel while he's under XX.

Wowser, that's great news. So he has all weekend as 'Billy NoMates' - during which to keep on building up the fantasy/fairy tale?! He sure has one pudgy finger hovering right over his self-destruct button right now. I HATE him for all he's done and for the agony he's putting Helen's family and friends through right now. It'll be like the whole event being played out to them in horrible slow motion.

14:48
Stewart is quizzed further about the morning of the alleged murder date

Trimmer: “One time your parents came round unexpectedly”

Stewart: “I don’t know if it was unexpectedly. Helen was upset she’d missed them.”

Very clever . He got IS to admit the parent's visit wasn't unexpected. I agree. The visit was planned and so was the drugging to avoid Helen being around during their visit.

I think Trimmer is cuter than we yet know - he's a bit like a cat toying with a mouse and deciding when to go for the big kill. At times today I thought he missed opportunities - but there again, I'd be up in that witness box slapping the h*ll out of IS and screaming at him to confess and get it over with.

I continue to think that Helen found out about something IS was up to, don't know what though, and confronted him. He saw all his dreams as the man of the manor crumbling before him - that could be his motive IMO..

I believe the overall motive was already in place, but agree that something probably happened that morning to trigger events. The potential loss of his 'lord (or LARD) of the manor' status would have been a huge factor. But, I keep thinking back to all the evidence and how this was so long in the planning in any case. Poor dear Helen and little Boris - I hope that they know how much love there still is for them - even from people they never knew existed, as well as the need for justice to prevail.

Heading for bed at the end of a very long day.

So many lovely posts on here tonight - such heartfelt feelings, so eloquently expressed in recognition of a lovely lady who brought laughter, kindness and support to so many and who deserved to have many happy years ahead, living life to the full with her faithful Boris by her side.
Her spirit and her light will live on in her family, her friendships and her writing.

As we know,one of Helen's favourite songs was Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird. And as the song says,

If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me

Yes, we will Helen. Always. x

I believe a specific cadaver dog picked up 'the scent of death' on a bench in the kitchen, on a pair of trousers and around cleaning materials. Better Websleuthers than I will recall the exact details! I believe it was these findings by the cadaver dog that dramatically upgraded the police investigation to a major crime, and made IS the prime suspect, just days later.

This is only my unresearched recollection - I'm sure others can give better detail and contradict me if necessary!

That's what I recall on here too Dolly. There was some commenting about the Dynamic Duo cleaning up and then one of them kindly leaving their trousers behind. And presumably wandering off in their Mickey Mouse patterned boxer shorts. And we then had screen shots of the kitchen bench on here as well - please don't ask me to trawl back but I can if needed as some of the 'house' shots came from me.

John Sinfield's 'made up song' - P 242 of Helen's book. On their first trip to Barbados.A

The whistling tree frog went over the hill
Down to the valley so shady
He whistled and he sand 'til the green wood sang
And he won the heart of his lay-ay-dy-frog.

AND - NOW - terrible, before you were able to create the second verse at the end of the first holiday .. there was to be a terrible loss of you, JS - you took risks that Helen hated - and bless your grieving beloved wife, then took risks that you would have been screaming at in order to protector her.
Just a note here - nobody sullied your life ever, despite the disregard of your wonder together - jealousy and sickness and greed shall not be part of you. RIP together with Boris and Rusty .. and we shall be your tigers on this earth x

Hi I was there this afternoon along with another WS member (not Lit-Up - not sure if he/she was there).
Court is so full that the lovely court official had to play "bingo" with us. He allocated us all a number and the first 13 numbers he called out were able to go in, with a few left outside as no space.
Someone asked yesterday about the jury. TBH from their expressions I think they see things as we do - looks of incredulity, suspicion, almost raised eyebrows/really??" type expressions.
IS is weird - everything about him! As a person, he illicits no warmth or sympathy as a person. He is totally unengaging! I don`t know if it`s to do with his illness as I haven`t a clue about the symptoms, but his facial expressions and mannerisms are very unattractive. He blinks, his eyes shift/roll around, he does have this constantly strange almost "grin like" grimace. There is nothing to suggest this is a likeable man albeit he is in the witness box accused of a terrible crime. If presentation matters, then his whole persona will not help his cause.
Listening objectively in court, the ludicrousness of his explanations is even sharper and have greater clarity. He is telling the only story possible to save himself and it does not work. Not even a tiny part of it. I wonder if objectively he is aware of that himself.
Next week will continue with him on the stand and the summing up/directions etc. Then jury should be out the following Monday.
It is terribly, terribly sad. We all know how we feel and we all want justice to be done. However at the heart of it, are two families who are real people and going through a major trauma. I feel pain for his two sons. These are boys you would be proud to have as your own sons. They were dealt a bad hand in the game of life.
Michelle

Bless you Michelle, quite an insight and no doubt a tough day for you. x

Heading for bed at the end of a very long day.

So many lovely posts on here tonight - such heartfelt feelings, so eloquently expressed in recognition of a lovely lady who brought laughter, kindness and support to so many and who deserved to have many happy years ahead, living life to the full with her faithful Boris by her side.
Her spirit and her light will live on in her family, her friendships and her writing.

As we know,one of Helen's favourite songs was Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird. And as the song says,

If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me

Yes, we will Helen. Always. x
SO beautiful and like the candle we all light for Helen and Boris x

I'm quite a peaceful person and generally hate violence but that most-shown pic of him and Helen with him in the blue shirt and rictus grin makes me want to punch him in the paunch.

Nope - knee him in the knackers more like! Twice over.

Feeling shell shocked and numb after enduring a murderer's endless stream of lies, I took the evening off WS and sipped wine, cuddled my dog and yes, shed a tear for Helen and Boris.

When I returned to the forum tonight, it was such a comfort to read so many warm thoughts about Helen, that big- hearted, elegant and eloquent lady who unwittingly walked into a serpent's den with her little dog, never to return.

I can't add much to all the wonderful, authentic tributes I've read here tonight but I'd like to say this: Human beings spend their lives looking for their happy ending, and that's how Helen met her tragic fate. As we observe the trial in anticipation of justice being served, we are reminded over and over that for Helen and Boris, there will be no happy ending, and that is truly heartbreaking. For myself and I know for many of us, Helen is a friend I hadn't met yet, and now sadly never will.

Helen's future sparkled with promise. She offered that wonderful future to IS, and he stole it from her. But he can never steal her style, her wit, her intellect, her empathy, her joie de vivre, her humour, her generosity, and all the special things she was, to all the people who loved and admired her. Helen will live on in the memories, hearts and minds of so many people, many of whom will never meet her. He could not even steal her love for Boris, for their love also endures.

Thanks Cottonweaver for the Smiths' song, I'm a similar age to Helen and it was one of my favourites as a teenager. 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' are such fitting words for Helen and Boris. Their energy and beauty will endure, long after their insignificant killer has turned to insignificant dust.

God bless Helen and Boris and everyone who shares here. X

Poor, dear boys to witness the truth of their Father - to have to live through any memories they had of life with him, and grow to suspect him of the loss of their Mother.
For IS - to even pretend that he wished to protect their well-being and future by persuading Helen to come and buy a home in Royston - and then leave them with neither parent in their presence (apart from obviously one in Prison) and the lovely Helen who wrote .. and I have to pop upstairs and find her words .. of her tears for them over their Mother - and how she would like to be a 'big sister' and care for them always.

P398 It's not always easy living in a home that came together through sudden death. We all carry the burden of grief, and we deal with it in different ways. The lads will only ever have one mother, but I hope that they will come to see me as an older sister, someone who will always love them, look out for them, want the best for them and fight their corner with and for them .........And ..
A moment ago, one of them wandered into my study (even thought it's supposed to be out of bounds when I'm working), and asked how the book was going. I told him that I was writing the final chapter, but that I was finding it difficult to know how to end it, that there was so much I still wanted to say. He stood and thought for a moment and then said, 'Why don't you just write: And they all lived happily ever after.'

Oh Joely, I can't get those final words in Helen's book out of my mind, So loving and also so sad. x

Feeling shell shocked and numb after enduring a murderer's endless stream of lies, I took the evening off WS and sipped wine, cuddled my dog and yes, shed a tear for Helen and Boris.

When I returned to the forum tonight, it was such a comfort to read so many warm thoughts about Helen, that big- hearted, elegant and eloquent lady who unwittingly walked into a serpent's den with her little dog, never to return.

I can't add much to all the wonderful, authentic tributes I've read here tonight but I'd like to say this: Human beings spend their lives looking for their happy ending, and that's how Helen met her tragic fate. As we observe the trial in anticipation of justice being served, we are reminded over and over that for Helen and Boris, there will be no happy ending, and that is truly heartbreaking. For myself and I know for many of us, Helen is a friend I hadn't met yet, and now sadly never will.

Helen's future sparkled with promise. She offered that wonderful future to IS, and he stole it from her. But he can never steal her style, her wit, her intellect, her empathy, her joie de vivre, her humour, her generosity, and all the special things she was, to all the people who loved and admired her. Helen will live on in the memories, hearts and minds of so many people, many of whom will never meet her. He could not even steal her love for Boris, for their love also endures.

Thanks Cottonweaver for the Smiths' song, I'm a similar age to Helen and it was one of my favourites as a teenager. 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' are such fitting words for Helen and Boris. Their energy and beauty will endure, long after their insignificant killer has turned to insignificant dust.

God bless Helen and Boris and everyone who shares here. X

And bless you too Dolly. x :eek:fftobed:

PAGE 365 from Helen's book.
Friend or foe, whatever the reaction, the thought of it makes me sad.'

To not know that this dear person who wrote those words, which we would share here together, was to become the biggest, murderous foe of a lifetime.
Helen was talking of aspects which she understood upon reflecting on human nature.
She had no idea that she was every likely to lose her life through a 'foe' - Foe who stalked her, read her blogs, looked at her photographs of her Highgate home - read of her most, only big vulnerable time in her whole life- and rushed up there in his battered out shining car to grab her whilst she needed BIG arms around her.
This Foe - no doubt has love - and lives his life for others in the sense that this makes him invaluable - and I don't believe that love sneaks into the whole being of this murderous, thieving being.
We cannot answer how Helen, with her wit, wisdom and success could look at such a person without being cynical. But destroy her in grief and she may have found the monster to be a lifeline.
A book is always a book - we don't ever let go of the 'full facts' ... but we know that if Helen had been given the chance of live - she would have written her book of the greatest 'Deceiver' ever known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo