GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may have misunderstood. I was hinting that he may have killed more than once.

I saw you meant that, but was a bit slow getting it - thought LozDa meant that too?

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHH and HE would know this, why?

what a crock of ****

Oops this was supposed to have a quote, it was about her clearing her web searches.....

And I thought you were a nice man ...

I think we've already had a hint that the judge is sympathetic towards dogs, but I was also thinking of the many dog loving convicts he will shortly enjoy as neighbours ;)

Lol, of course I am! In my defence I was bitten by a big black lab when I was 6 and it scarred me for life. Both literally and physically!

I'm liking the dog loving convicts... TBH, a lot of the regular cons will resent him because of his stupidity and greed. He had it all whereas they had nothing. They were forced to steal, cheat, murder. He alone chose to murder and steal. The moral relativism among prisoners is something to behold. He will be a target, pooch or no pooch.

I think he may well have murdered his first wife although (due to cremation - unless there are organs still available from the post mortem) it would be difficult to prove. If given a 20 year sentence he could murder again but with 30 years facing him he probably will die in prison. His method for murder seems not to involve physical violence, so if he were to ever be freed he could well go on to poison some other poor unsuspecting lovely old lady.

It's likely that they retained a liver sample, in which case it's easy to re-test as they now have new toxicology test methods.
Sadly I can't say HOW likely it is that this tissue was retained as it's a while since I looked at the protocols.

We'll know soon enough what steps police are taking on that score.

14:36
Stewart is asked about the searches made by Helen for the cause of her drowsiness

Trimmer: “You saw that pathology report by Dr Carey on October 27 which stated zopiclone was found in Helen’s body - shortly after that you were given a document that indicated Dr Carey’s conclusions.”

Stewart: “I don’t know the timing.”

Trimmer: “There really are only two alternatives. Either she did it herself or you did it to her.”

Stewart: “Yes, but only one of them is true”

Trimmer: “The first time the option you’d chosen has come to the prosecution of the court is when you give evidence?”

Stewart: “Yes”

Trimmer: “You know she was suffering from the effects of zopiclone in the weeks prior to her death.”

Stewart: “No”

Trimmer: “On Friday, April 8, Helen did a series of searches. ‘Falling asleep in the afternoon’ ‘Can’t stop falling asleep’ ‘I’m so tired falling asleep at work’ Stewart: “She showed me some of these searches.”

Trimmer: “The fact she’d made those was important to you. Did it stick in your mind?”

Stewart: “Not at all.”

Trimmer: “Did that concern you she was searching for the cause of what was making her sleep?”

Stewart: “No.”

Lol, of course I am! In my defence I was bitten by a big black lab when I was 6 and it scarred me for life. Both literally and physically!

I'm liking the dog loving convicts... TBH, a lot of the regular cons will resent him because of his stupidity and greed. He had it all whereas they had nothing. They were forced to steal, cheat, murder. He alone chose to murder and steal. The moral relativism among prisoners is something to behold. He will be a target, pooch or no pooch.

I have learnt so much from Websleuths posters !!

LozDa said:
I have to admit I am unsure why this is being able to be presented, given what has been discussed in this thread about "something you later rely on in court"... Why are they able to entertain this as a defence when it wasn't presented as a defence when charged?

Tell me mrjitty - tell me everything! Because I'm flabbergasted!

The cautions says "It may harm your defence if you do not mention something which you later rely on in court."

I don't think there is any doubt at all that this is a vivid example of that!

I think he may well have murdered his first wife although (due to cremation - unless there are organs still available from the post mortem) it would be difficult to prove. If given a 20 year sentence he could murder again but with 30 years facing him he probably will die in prison. His method for murder seems not to involve physical violence, so if he were to ever be freed he could well go on to poison some other poor unsuspecting lovely old lady.

I agree that it's likely he killed Diane too but the judge definitely can't take that into consideration in sentencing for this crime. Between the premeditation, the lies, the fraud and the cesspit though I think the sentence will be a very, very long one.

14:38
Prosecution asks about Helen's computer use

Trimmer: “She would spend all the time on her computer if she was awake wouldn’t she?”

Stewart: “No, she’d go for walks with Boris etc.”

Trimmer: “Any particular websites she would go on?”

Stewart: “Lots”

Trimmer: “Can you remember any of them?”

Stewart: “No. She went to a lot of sites. She searched for a variety of things.”

Trimmer: “Any reason particular why the mumsnet site came to mind in your police interview?”

Stewart: “It was one she used for many things.”

Stewart: “She might have just read out what she found on her iPad.”

So sorry Cherwell! I didn't read it properly and read 'single murderer' instead of 'single murder'.

I'm in a state of delirium today.

Obviously I am too ... on the previous thread I referred to Jamie and Nick instead of Jamie and Oliver. Oh dear, and it's only 1.38am. :eek:hdear:

14:41
'Killing a woman like Helen Bailey and disposing of her body is a pretty evil thing'

Trimmer: “Killing a woman like Helen Bailey and disposing of her body is a pretty evil thing”

Stewart: “Sick and disgusting.”

Trimmer: “Only a very limited class of people might be responsible for that in that case. It comes down to you, or Nick or Joe.”

Stewart: “Yes”

Trimmer: “If you did kill Helen it’s a long plan, isn’t it? You started administering zopiclone to her some time back before she died.”

Trimmer: “You continued doing it and observed the response?”

Trimmer: “Somebody who planned this would have to start it and eventually finish it. There’s no point giving someone a sleeping drug for no particular purpose. Your purpose was to eventually kill Helen, wasn’t it?”

Stewart: “No.”

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 9m9 minutes ago

#helenbailey Ian Stewart replies "I was concerned she was tired but that was something which had been going on for a while

Dominic Reynolds Verified account ‏@domreynolds 1m1 minute ago

"Your purpose was eventually to kill her, wasn't it? You knew what Zopiclone did, reducing her to a state of unconsciousness"

The cautions says "It may harm your defence if you do not mention something which you later rely on in court."

I don't think there is any doubt at all that this is a vivid example of that!

Ain't that the truth?!

Finally delurking myself after following this case from the beginning on here... hello :)

I don't have a true 'personal' connection to Helen, but followed her blog following my fiance's death. As many of you here felt connected to her through her friendly style of writing, and took her story as some hope for myself at a time when things were particularly bleak. Just wanted to post, because I've been so stressed out as the trial has gone on - worrying that he will plant just enough doubt in the jury's minds to not be found guilty. Happy is not the word to use here, but I do feel 'happy' that he has come out with this utter nonsense and sealed his fate. I just wish thing's could've turned out differently for Helen.

jessie said:
Please can anyone tell me if IS has been referring to notes (script!) since he started yesterday ?
How on earth can he recall everything so well, tiny, tiny, details that he has off pat ?
Lies are so difficult to remember (I have never been able to lie but that is a matter of principle with me), yet they just pour out of his mouth hour after hour after hour.

Sometimes a witness is allowed to refer to a previous statement, most especially experts who have submitted reports, or witness statements where the counsel wish to clarify or contradict something in a police statement. This is obviously not the case here though. And someone already made the point and I agree, the defence counsel would have been leading the testimony but the press generally won't report their words unless there's something juicy there. The cross-exam is where the counsel juice is. That sounds a bit rude now. :)

Accomplished and experienced liars, such as psychopaths and sociopaths, are far better than your average person at weaving a tale and remembering it. But as we have seen, even they will trip themselves up often. They normally get away with it as they would lie to one person as a time with no-one to contradict.

Tara's just added a bit more

Trimmer: “On April 4 and 8 whilst it can’t be said the browsing activity stopped, there were no phone calls and texts for a period of time”

Stewart: “Quite possible.”

Trimmer: “Killing a woman like Helen Bailey and disposing of her body is a pretty evil thing”

Stewart: “Sick and disgusting.”

Trimmer: “Only a very limited class of people might be responsible for that in that case

BIB that sort of thing will get to IS

Personally I want to see the guy squirm but with all these Yes/no answers , he's not giving much away.

It's likely that they retained a liver sample, in which case it's easy to re-test as they now have new toxicology test methods.
Sadly I can't say HOW likely it is that this tissue was retained as it's a while since I looked at the protocols.

We'll know soon enough what steps police are taking on that score.

OBF hinted last night that there will be steps taken in that direction when he's convicted of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr