GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 9m9 minutes ago

#helenbailey Ian Stewart replies "I was concerned she was tired but that was something which had been going on for a while

And I just didn't think that there could possibly be a correlation between her being tired and her taking SLEEPING PILLS.

I just didn't see that at all.

:thinking:

OBF hinted last night that there will be steps taken in that direction when he's convicted of this.

now that's excellent news NetE

ETA - so if OBF is right that means they'll have done the re-test of the (likely) retained tissue samples and we will get that announcement when it's legally possible - very soon.

SO, IS will go to trial again, at St Albans!!

14:48
Stewart is quizzed further about the morning of the alleged murder date

Trimmer: “One time your parents came round unexpectedly”

Stewart: “I don’t know if it was unexpectedly. Helen was upset she’d missed them.”

Trimmer: “What you were doing to her, administering this drug, was having an increasing effect?”

Stewart: “No”

Trimmer: “By this stage it was reducing her to a state of unconsciousness?”

Trimmer: “On April 11 you cooked Helen breakfast.”

Stewart: “No. I definitely didn’t”

Trimmer: “It would seem web searches on the iPad mainly related to kidneys of a dog on April 11, and then Brocket Hall

Stewart: “One of her friend’s had a kidney operation.”

Trimmer: “The fact of the wedding and arrangements for the wedding was something Helen discussed with her closest friends”

Stewart: “Yes”

Trimmer: “On the morning of April 11 this was normal Helen Bailey activity, emailing to friends, visiting websites”

Obviously I am too ... on the previous thread I referred to Jamie and Nick instead of Jamie and Oliver. Oh dear, and it's only 1.38am. :eek:hdear:

Understandable, with all these names. Surprising Jose and Nico didn't turn into Chas and Dave with all the rabbiting going on.

I just think of the chef, Jamie Oliver, a fairly local boy for the sons' names.

Finally delurking myself after following this case from the beginning on here... hello :)

I don't have a true 'personal' connection to Helen, but followed her blog following my fiance's death. As many of you here felt connected to her through her friendly style of writing, and took her story as some hope for myself at a time when things were particularly bleak. Just wanted to post, because I've been so stressed out as the trial has gone on - worrying that he will plant just enough doubt in the jury's minds to not be found guilty. Happy is not the word to use here, but I do feel 'happy' that he has come out with this utter nonsense and sealed his fate. I just wish thing's could've turned out differently for Helen.

Hello and :welcome:

Worry not.

I am usually on here, worrying over cases that justice wont be done...But with this one, it's a racing certainty

It's likely that they retained a liver sample, in which case it's easy to re-test as they now have new toxicology test methods.
Sadly I can't say HOW likely it is that this tissue was retained as it's a while since I looked at the protocols.

We'll know soon enough what steps police are taking on that score.

"The samples of tissue taken for testing are usually retained in case they are needed to answer further questions about the cause of death".

"The pathologist, with the authority of the Coroner, may need to retain any organs and tissue samples removed at the post mortem examination to assist in the investigation into the death. Once the Coroner’s investigation has finished, the Coroner will decide if these samples need to be retained or if they can be released".

https://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-GB/P...nation - Information for Relatives (HTML).htm

14:51
Stewart is asked about Helen's mobile phone activity

Trimmer: “It’s odd you cancelled the doctor’s appointment on this day isn’t it?”

Trimmer: “You didn’t expect it to be anymore than a 10 minute in and out?”

Trimmer: “Between 11.43 and 12.59 your phone doesn’t do anything on this day (April 11)“

Trimmer: “At 12.13 Tracey Stratton tries to call Helen. Helen would have her phone with her all the time?”

Trimmer: “Helen isn’t do anything is she? Pretty unusual”

Stewart: “No she sits in the chair, she reads, she takes Boris out, she’s not on the computer all the time.”

Trimmer: “At 1.30pm whatever Helen was doing stops. We know that her phone later on in the afternoon stopped being connecting to the network at all.”

And I just didn't think that there could possibly be a correlation between her being tired and her taking SLEEPING PILLS.

I just didn't see that at all.

:thinking:

But... but... but... he's SO intelligent :rolleyes:

Oh my-

what I was wondering the other week is poss true, he maybe did test the Zop on the dog Boris?

Trimmer: “It would seem web searches on the iPad mainly related to kidneys of a dog on April 11, and then Brocket Hall
Stewart: “One of her friend’s had a kidney operation.”

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 2m2 minutes ago

#helenbailey Prosecution ask IS if he removed SIM from HB phone on 11th April and threw phone in sea at later date "no

#helenbailey Prosecutor Stuart Trimmer to IS "It was a long crafted cynical & cruel plan of yours to do away with HB

Dominic Reynolds Verified account ‏@domreynolds 2m2 minutes ago

"This is a long-crafted, cynical and cruel plan of yours to do away with #helenbailey, wasn't it?" No.

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 43s43 seconds ago

#helenbailey Prosecutor Stuart Trimmer to IS "You've gone from a witness on a will to a major beneficiary on HB trust"

nicely highlighted

14:55
'This is a long-crafted, cynical and cruel plan of yours to do away with Helen Bailey'

Trimmer: “We know when you went to Broadstairs you took that phone in with you and plugged the phone into the power.”

Trimmer: “The phone may still connect to the wifi network, but it didn’t connect to the network. You took the sim card on April 11 didn’t you/”

Trimmer: “That phone had to disappear from sight anywhere.”

Stewart: “I didn’t know it was missing on April 11.”

Trimmer: “When police wanted to look for sim cards [at the house] that was the occasion you didn’t want the search to happen.”

Stewart: “I just didn’t want another search.”

Trimmer: “We never found the phone or sim card. Did you throw it into the sea when you went for a walk?”

Trimmer: “This is a long-crafted, cynical and cruel plan of yours to do away with Helen Bailey.”

Stewart: “No.”

BIB that sort of thing will get to IS

Personally I want to see the guy squirm but with all these Yes/no answers , he's not giving much away.

You're spot on CW. Note the pejorative use of limited class. He's very subtly tried to rile IS.

I bet you a pound to a penny, Mr Trimmer makes a deliberate error at some point after IS has conveniently invoked his bad memory just to watch IS reprimand him
thus displaying his grasp of the finer detail and his lack of credibility. Nel did this to great effect in the OP trial. I suspect IS will be a tad more susceptible though. His arrogance and ego are astonishing!

"The samples of tissue taken for testing are usually retained in case they are needed to answer further questions about the cause of death".

"The pathologist, with the authority of the Coroner, may need to retain any organs and tissue samples removed at the post mortem examination to assist in the investigation into the death. Once the Coroner’s investigation has finished, the Coroner will decide if these samples need to be retained or if they can be released".

https://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-GB/P...nation - Information for Relatives (HTML).htm

Ah....so any slides or tissue samples may well have been destroyed then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my-

what I was wondering the other week is poss true, he maybe did test the Zop on the dog Boris?

[FONT=&quot]"Incontinence is found among people who take Zopiclone"

[/FONT]
http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/zopiclone/incontinence/

In a dog, this would probably cause severe incontinence. Which would point towards there possibly being a kidney problem....

Our 13 year old pup currently has a urine infection which is causing incontinence and our main concern if the infection doesn't clear up is that it is actually a kidney failure problem....

now that's excellent news NetE

ETA - so if OBF is right that means they'll have done the re-test of the (likely) retained tissue samples and we will get that announcement when it's legally possible - very soon.

SO, IS will go to trial again, at St Albans!!

I'm not sure about that, they might need the conviction first before they can warrant further testing. Honestly I don't know. I'd imagine though that there is potentially some evidence available, or there'd be no case to consider. I so hope he doesn't get away with it, if he did it.

"You took the sim card on April 11 didn’t you?"

Ooooh

so it connected to wifi and didn't ping off the mast/tower.

Blimey, you go away for a bit, come back and there's a new thread, and still only caught up to 12:42 and Trimmer's already in like a tiger!!

"Stewart is now being cross-examined by the prosecution

Prosecutor Stuart Trimmer stands up: “Let’s deal with this head on, you are a liar."

Different circumstances, but for my fiance we were told all 'tissue' was returned to us (i.e. the funeral directors) after second post-mortem or disposed... so I would guess if the circumstances were deemed not suspicious would definitely have been disposed of by now.

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 4m4 minutes ago

#helenbailey Prosecutor puts to IS his version of events "A piece of fantasy that you made up" which is denied by IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat