GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“However, due to the very poor preservation of the carcass due to severe post-mortem self-digestion, this interpretation was extremely compromised."

and if he did it in November, it would be 8 months on by time of the PM

15:13
'You smothered Helen while she was asleep and unconscious'

Trimmer: “You smothered Helen while she was asleep and unconscious, maybe a pillow with a pillow slip on it?”#

Stewart: “No”

Trimmer: “There is a pillow slip that’s gone down the cesspit. If you were smothering someone there’s every chance there would be saliva and DNA on the pillow slip?”

Stewart: “Yes, I guess so.”

Trimmer: “If she became unconscious close to where she was working that would be on her office on the ground floor. It would be a matter of simplicity to drag her on a duvet to the garage?”

Stewart: “I don’t know.”

but didn't the vet witness say it was difficult to say very much where Boris's body was concerned?

EDIT LozDa has given the bit I was thinking of...

Probably because he was such a little thing. Deterioration of tissue etc would be so much faster..... and it was 3 months since he was killed by the time of the pm..

Chloe Keedy ‏@ChloeKeedyITV 6m6 minutes ago

Trimmer: 'I'm going to suggest to you you smothered Helen while she was sleepy or unconscious.' Stewart: 'I never did any such thing.

15:16
Trimmer: “There’s nothing wrong with you picking something up that was heavy if you had to, couldn’t you?”

Stewart: “At that time it would be very hard.”

Trimmer: “You put about the idea you couldn’t reach up and get something.”

Stewart: “Yes”

Trimmer: “Were you in pain at the recycling depot?”

Stewart: “Yes, to some extent. I remember going up the steps and being slightly.”

Trimmer: “Helen cared about you like nobody else. You were her centre, her world.”

Stewart: “With Boris, yes.”

Trimmer: “And yet Helen put all this stuff in your car to take to the tip, with your surgery, with your pain?”

Stewart: “Yes”

Trimmer: “Really?”

Stewart: “Yes.”

He's got the audacity to agree that it's sick and disgusting.

fay, i think he's put some serious prep & rehearsal into getting ready for his cross during his incarceration.

we all saw how he was knocked off balance by other professionals April - July , lots of shoulder shrugging, snapping at people, rudeness etc.

he needs to be knocked off balance this afternoon.

I've gone past delirium and incredulousness and have slumped into contempt and upset.

I know it's been said so many times, but poor Helen & poor Boris. It comes in waves for me. I didn't know Helen, I didn't know her books or her blog or her life until this all happened. But I am grieving for her.

I feel so sad right now. What an atrocious story to spin to cover up what you've done, IS. I hope the truth rots you to your core.

“However, due to the very poor preservation of the carcass due to severe post-mortem self-digestion, this interpretation was extremely compromised."

I believe that in this quote the vet was talking about how Boris died and whether he drowned in the pit or was already dead. He couldn't be sure about that. He wasn't saying it was uncertain whether Boris had consumed zopiclone or not.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-day-12435557

he resented the dog too?
won't be the first time a Domestic Violence abuser has killed his partner's dog

Trimmer: “Helen cared about you like nobody else. You were her centre, her world.”

Stewart: “With Boris, yes.
”

Boris' body was tested for zopiclone and none was found

I must have missed that.

Dr Williams, vet, conducted the post mortem on Boris.

“It cannot therefore be established whether the animal was alive or dead when placed in the septic tank. While a small amount of foreign material, likely septic tank debris, was found in the trachea of the dog, this did not extend into the lower airways, and the lungs did not appear heavy or wet.

The severe self-digestion would suggest this animal had died greater than several weeks ago, and could have died several months prior to recovery of the carcass.”

He was unable to confirm whether Boris had drowned and said the cause of death couldn’t be established.

15:20
Stewart is asked about dumping the body

Trimmer: “You’re pretty closed in at your house, barely anyone overlooks you do they?”

Stewart: “Some neighbours do, yes.”

Trimmer: “A light green bedcover went as well didn’t it?”

Stewart: “No, that’s still in the house.”

Trimmer: “The two bin bags, were they used to cover up?”

Stewart: “I’ve no knowledge of that.”

Trimmer: “I suggest to you you put that body in the pit, you opened that cover.”

Stewart: “No.”

Trimmer: “Are you telling us it would be impossible for you to open the cesspit cover?”

Stewart: “I didn’t even try so couldn’t say.”

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 1m1 minute ago

#helenbailey Pros to IS "You put her body in that pit. You're telling us you would find it impossible to open cesspit?" IS "I didn't try"

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 2m2 minutes ago

#helenbailey Prosecution to IS "That conversation re cesspit good place to hide a body. Remarkable coincidence?" IS "Yes

15:24
Stewart is quizzed about the death of Ms Bailey's dachshund, Boris

Trimmer: “The dog had to go didn’t it?”

Stewart: “I don’t know.”

Trimmer: “If the story was going to go out to the world that it did that Helen had gone, the dog had to go as well.”

Stewart: “Not strictly true, sometimes I was left with Boris.”

Trimmer: “Did you drop the dog alive into the pit?

Stewart: “Certainly not.”

Trimmer: “Your tale, and I mean that word deliberately, is that Nick and Joe took Helen and Boris away?”

Stewart: “That’s what happened.”

Trimmer: “Did you tell us they took the dog as well?”

Stewart: “Yes, some of the conversation said Helen and Boris.”

Trimmer: “They never once made a threat to do anything to harm Boris?”

Stewart: “I did say they did. I said they said: ‘You’ll never see Helen or Boris again’.”

Could you quote the part where they ruled out zopiclone definitively?

Looking back, it doesn't seem clear that it was ruled out definitively. The Zopiclone ingested by Helen showed in her hair, not her chest cavity liquid, so is it conclusive that no Zopiclone was found in Boris's chest cavity?
EDIT 'in relation to this sample' is all the expert said.

A sample was taken from the dog of Helen Bailey, and Dr Piper was asked to analyse the chest cavity fluid of the dog, the court has been told. There were no findings of zopiclone found in relation to this sample from the dog.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-day-12435557

It was the vet who said he couldn't tell what Boris had died of due to the poor condition of the "carcass". It was the human toxicologist who did the testing for zopiclone, and nothing was reported about this finding being uncertain...

Trimmer: “Are you telling us it would be impossible for you to open the cesspit cover?”

Stewart: “I didn’t even try so couldn’t say.”

bad answer? - has he forgotten what he told the court yesterday, he has tried before.

Helen helped me open the cess pit'

“I opened the cess pit in his absence. He told me to be very careful, I opened it up always with the help of Helen.

“Helen could get one side of it up, and I used a crowbar to kind of flip it.
I last opened it last year around February"

Stewart: “Between us we slid it backwards. “I did this roughly six months after they had been. Helen was concerned about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob